PDA

View Full Version : Twins vs. Sox

Chisox_cali
06-23-2002, 04:47 PM
What's gonna happen in this upcoming series?

Sorry to say that I think this year is looking a little bit too much like last year...Twins Sweep :whiner: :whiner:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
What's gonna happen in this upcoming series?

Sorry to say that I think this year is looking a little bit too much like last year...Twins Sweep :whiner: :whiner:

Nah, I think that either the burly mon or Garland will hold em to 1 or 2 runs so we can eek one out.

duke of dorwood
06-23-2002, 04:51 PM
They really only have to get 1 game, but the best we will do is split.

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 04:55 PM
The sox will take 3 out of 4. This team is like a bad poker hand where you decide to see one more card and it suckers you into throwing in more good $$ after bad.

HawkDJ
06-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Wow, looks like we've got alot of confidence in this team.

I went with Twins take 3 out of 4. Last year we showed we can't beat the Twins at their field. And since we are the White Sox, when we start a trend, we can't end it.

Chisox_cali
06-23-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
And since we are the White Sox, when we start a trend, we can't end it.

Why can't we find that trend we had during April? You know....called winning.

TheBigHurt
06-23-2002, 11:47 PM
sox and twins....

WinningUgly!
06-23-2002, 11:56 PM
Time for this team to click. Is it possible our poor play in Atlanta was due to looking ahead to the Twinkies? I think this series is going to be a major turning point in the season...Sox will take all four. :gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
06-24-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Why can't we find that trend we had during April? You know....called winning.

Because Lofton, Durham, and everyone outside of PK aren't hitting.

ma-gaga
06-24-2002, 08:58 AM
Burly will win. The Twins are really struggling against lefties. They've lost something like 6 straight against southpaw starters.

:) After that, who knows. Home field advantage and a well rounded team could hammer the Sox.

hold2dibber
06-24-2002, 09:17 AM
I think the Sox will probably win one, but no more. They will continue to get hammered and slide to about 10-12 games back, and once it is truly too late to get back into the race, everyone will start hitting like mad, the team will go on a 19-6 tear in August/September to pull within 4 or 5 games to make us think maybe, just maybe they could turn this thing around, and then they'll start getting hammered again, the hitting will go cold, the pitching will get skittish and we'll flounder badly down the stretch, finishing the season with 83 wins, 9 games behind the Twins, after going 7-12 in head to head match-ups.

Soxheads
06-24-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I think the Sox will probably win one, but no more. They will continue to get hammered and slide to about 10-12 games back, and once it is truly too late to get back into the race, everyone will start hitting like mad, the team will go on a 19-6 tear in August/September to pull within 4 or 5 games to make us think maybe, just maybe they could turn this thing around, and then they'll start getting hammered again, the hitting will go cold, the pitching will get skittish and we'll flounder badly down the stretch, finishing the season with 83 wins, 9 games behind the Twins, after going 7-12 in head to head match-ups.

That's being unusually precise. :cool:

Cheryl
06-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Then the Twins will play exactly three play off games and be done for the season, leaving us to think they're really not that good after all.