PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Umpire - I think you need glasses

Fenway
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Hysterical!!!!!

http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/minor-league-catcher-ray-serranos-epic-meltdown-rivals-greatest-flipouts-ever.html

october23sp
07-13-2010, 12:42 PM
At some point he had to know he was making an ass out of himself. So he made it a show for the internet.

Like his original circling of the plate was pissed off impulse, the rest was all show.

Pablo_Honey
07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
I love how there's the Law & Order theme song playing in the background. Is that what you call irony?

By the way, what the heck was he trying to draw with the bat anyway? He looked like a five-year-old left alone by himself in a sandbox.

Madvora
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Guess who was spoiled as a child.

TheVulture
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
By the way, what the heck was he trying to draw with the bat anyway? He looked like a five-year-old left alone by himself in a sandbox.

I think he was demonstrating how large the plate would have had to be for the pitch in question to be a strike.

TornLabrum
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM
From the guy's behavior, I'd say that the plate umpire had a strike zone similar to the one the umpire had at last night's Kane County game. Oddly enough, the player covered the plate in the video while in the Cougars game the umpire let the plate get covered with so much dirt that those of us sitting in the front few rows behind home plate couldn't see it. It got to the point where he got cheers when he did clean it.

Iwritecode
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I think he was demonstrating how large the plate would have had to be for the pitch in question to be a strike.

Which Sox coach was it a couple of years ago that was comparing the umpire's strike zone to a towel he laid in front the dugout. Was it Coop?

IIRC, it was in New York.

WLL1855
07-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Which Sox coach was it a couple of years ago that was comparing the umpire's strike zone to a towel he laid in front the dugout. Was it Coop?

IIRC, it was in New York.

I can't remember for sure but I think it was from before the current coaching crew with Ozzie. Nardi perhaps?