PDA

View Full Version : Rotation Thought

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Manuel says that he's going to stick with Glover because they don't have anyone else that can start as of now. I'm sure by the end of the year, Biddle will be starting again. At this point and time, I'd like to see them give Ginter a shot. He can't due much worse than Glover. Matt was looking pretty good before he was sent down.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Manuel says that he's going to stick with Glover because they don't have anyone else that can start as of now. I'm sure by the end of the year, Biddle will be starting again. At this point and time, I'd like to see them give Ginter a shot. He can't due much worse than Glover. Matt was looking pretty good before he was sent down.

Don't we have anyone in the minors that we can give a shot? Nobody in the rotation really seems like they want to be there aside from Garland & Burhle.

jklm
06-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Don't we have anyone in the minors that we can give a shot? Nobody in the rotation really seems like they want to be there aside from Garland & Burhle.

No, we have the worst AAA farm team in baseball. But I will give Matt Ginter a shot. He will not be worse than Glover.

duke of dorwood
06-23-2002, 05:38 PM
It's Ginter by default-I cant believe they'd stay with Glover-he has nothing as a starter. I wonder if they are even considering Foulke?

Garrison
06-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Glover was awesome as a set-up man. As a starter he ain't got nothing! He started the downward spiral of that 15-2 rout. Of course everyone from the pen save Foulke contributed to that one. I think until Rocky is ready, Ginter is the man by default. He looked good before he was sent down. Why not send down Rock to get some innings as a starter? After trading the farm, we have no options. This sucks.

Daver
06-23-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
Glover was awesome as a set-up man. As a starter he ain't got nothing! He started the downward spiral of that 15-2 rout. Of course everyone from the pen save Foulke contributed to that one. I think until Rocky is ready, Ginter is the man by default. He looked good before he was sent down. Why not send down Rock to get some innings as a starter? After trading the farm, we have no options. This sucks.

Trading what farm? Do you have anything to back this up?

baggio202
06-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by daver

Trading what farm? Do you have anything to back this up?

still on the KW bandwagon???

Daver
06-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

still on the KW bandwagon???

Back it up,what farm was traded?

rmusacch
06-23-2002, 10:10 PM

What the heck happened to our vaunted minor league corps of pitchers?

Daver
06-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

What the heck happened to our vaunted minor league corps of pitchers?

After the failed experiment of rushing them to the Majors,eg Wells,Erye,and Ruffcorn,I vote for letting them develop.

Randar68
06-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by daver

Back it up,what farm was traded?

It's just easier to say "the farm" when you don't know what you're talking about...

Isn't that where they have Cows and goats and stuff??? Like a petting zoo???

CerberusWG
06-23-2002, 10:32 PM
Most of our pitchign prospects are in AA anyways. Our AAA Pitching Staff is a joke.

Daver
06-23-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

It's just easier to say "the farm" when you don't know what you're talking about...

Isn't that where they have Cows and goats and stuff??? Like a petting zoo???

Thanx Randar,at least I am not alone on this one.

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Most of our pitchign prospects are in AA anyways. Our AAA Pitching Staff is a joke.

What about my guy Mike Porzio? Are you saying he's a joke? :D:

voodoochile
06-23-2002, 10:45 PM

What about my guy Mike Porzio? Are you saying he's a joke? :D:

I think Daver is refering to Delario and that kid we stole from the flubbies and converted... (just joking...)

Randar68
06-23-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I think Daver is refering to Delario and that kid we stole from the flubbies and converted... (just joking...)

Dellaero is at AA and splitting time out of the bullpen and at SS (sadly, he's our best option outside of Hummel higher than low A)

Brooks Kieshnik has been one of the more solid pitchers. The AAA staff is a rotating suck-fest of Steve Schrenk, Corey Lee, Rauch and Parque (each if healhty) and anyone else who thinks he has 3 innings in them that day.

ISUSoxfan
06-24-2002, 04:58 AM
If we're gonna get shelled on our fifth starter's day every time through, we might as well save Glover for the bullpen so he can help hold our leads on the other 4 days. Glover is usually good for 2 or 3 innings. He's a middle reliever and hasn't shown the capability of being anything more. I like the idea of starting Ginter and sending Biddle to AAA to build his arm strength as a starter.

Tragg
06-24-2002, 08:42 AM

Foulke, Biddle and Howry haven't had an opportunity to start. They can't be worse than Glover.
As for Foulke, from what I understand, while he only uses 2 pitches regularly, he has 4. He's been a good pitcher here for 4 years, until recently. I just hope we don't put him in the scrap heap. If I were a GM, I'd grab him when KW is offering him for peanuts at the end of the season.