PDA

View Full Version : took my daughter to her first game yesterday

Law11
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Just my soon to be 3 yr old and her daddy. What a cool feeling and great time. reminded me of me an my dad when i was little. Actually this was her second game but 1st without stroller. She thinks now that its the norm for fireworks or (booms) as she called them every few minutes...

Thumbs up for the Sunday games. She was wiped out...
Took more than a few pics but this one I liked.

Now to get my 17 mo old daughter and her to a game together.......MMMM next season.

Moses_Scurry
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Just my soon to be 3 yr old and her daddy. What a cool feeling and great time. reminded me of me an my dad when i was little. Actually this was her second game but 1st without stroller. She thinks now that its the norm for fireworks or (booms) as she called them every few minutes...

Now to get my 17 mo old and her to a game together.......MMMM next season.

I also took my daughter (4 yrs old) to her first game yesterday along with my 2 yr old son (it's his 2nd game though). We didn't make it past the fifth inning. She wanted to leave almost immediately because of the heat. From now on, it's club section all the way, no matter how much it costs!

My son loved it until the fireworks started. Then he wanted to leave too. He hates loud noises.

ChicagoHoosier
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Awesome. You'll remember this game forever.

:putitontheboard

Law11
07-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I also took my daughter (4 yrs old) to her first game yesterday along with my 2 yr old son (it's his 2nd game though). We didn't make it past the fifth inning. She wanted to leave almost immediately because of the heat. From now on, it's club section all the way, no matter how much it costs!

My son loved it until the fireworks started. Then he wanted to leave too. He hates loud noises.

Yep she lasted until the b5. The heat was intense and she was wiped out. Got home in the 7th and watched it at home. Im with ya on the club seats. We walked around a ton to anyplace that had ac. we got there at 1230. By the time the 5th rolled around it was 3 hours out there and she was about done.

But still had a blast eating funnel cake fries and Ice Cream...

Moses_Scurry
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
We found the obnoxious guy making balloon animals, and ended up waiting about 20 minutes in line for a balloon flower which proceded to get popped on the walk to the car. He made my son a sword that he kept hitting people with as we were navigating through the crowd.

I shouldn't be so negative though. My son enjoyed it and I think my daughter liked parts of it, too. I just think we'll be going to the cheaper, closer Indianapolis Indians games for the next couple years.

pythons007
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
My wife and I are planning on take our son (3yr) to his first game in September. Definately going to go with box seats so we don't have to mess with everything that could happen in the bleachers. It should be a good time.

Moses_Scurry
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
My wife and I are planning on take our son (3yr) to his first game in September. Definately going to go with box seats so we don't have to mess with everything that could happen in the bleachers. It should be a good time.

I'm telling you, club level is the only way to go if you want to stay for a majority of the game. If it's too hot, you go inside and watch on the flatscreens. There's plenty of room for your child to run around and play. I took my son when he was only 10 months old. We would go inside when the Twins were batting, so he could crawl around, and we would go outside to watch the Sox bat. Plus, we were able to get the tickets for below face value on stubhub!

harwar
07-12-2010, 01:26 PM

my dad told me i was much the same when i was 7 or 8 yrs old .. hiding under the seat when a homerun was hit and the fireworks went off lol ..

harwar
07-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Now to get my 17 mo old daughter and her to a game together.......MMMM next season.

my daughter practically grew up at Comiskey Park as did i .. ah so many memories there ..

DumpJerry
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM

That picture is absolutely adorable!

Reminds me of my first Sox game. My dad was a big Sox fan, but for some reason my parents would only take me to Cub games. The Cub games were ok, I would stand at the wall by Home trying to autographs from Ernie Banks, etc. and enjoyed the sunshine. After a couple of years of this, my dad decided I was ready for a real baseball game and took me to Comiskey. At first I felt it was no different than a Cubs game (except there was no Ernie Banks). Then Ed Hermann went yard. My dad looked at me told me he "forgot" to tell me about one major difference between the two places-fireworks. I was sold and never looked back and have been to the Urinal about five or six times since then (1971).

MARTINMVP
07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
That picture is absolutely adorable!
My dad looked at me told me he "forgot" to tell me about one major difference between the two places-fireworks. I was sold and never looked back and have been to the Urinal about five or six times since then (1971).

My fiance doesn't particularly favor the Cubs or the Sox, but she only cares to go to Sox games for that very reason -- fireworks.

HomeFish
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
At game 1 of the 2005 World Series, there was a guy in my section who was bringing his toddler to a baseball game for the first time.