PDA

View Full Version : The Club premiering next Sunday

JermaineDye05
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I had almost forgotten about this since the team started playing well again. About a month ago, that's all I could look forward to in this season. Is anyone else stoked to see it?

DonnieDarko
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I would be stoked.

If I could actually see it. :(:

october23sp
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
What happened to the July 4 date?

Coops4Aces
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
What happened to the July 4 date?

I think they realized that most people aren't inside watching TV on July 4th.

chisoxfanatic
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
What channel was this supposed to be on? MLB Network?

DonnieDarko
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
What channel was this supposed to be on? MLB Network?

Yup.

HomeFish
07-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I hope they got the winning streak into the documentary.

35th and Shields
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know if you can purchase each episode ondemand or something a few days after it airs?

LoveYourSuit
07-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow, great timing from my part.

I just dumped Uverse for Direct TV and will be installed on Saturday :bandance:

I really want the MLB network, that's the only reason I bounced.

DumpJerry
07-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I hope they got the winning streak into the documentary.
It is my understanding that they are filming it until July 31st to get all the trade deadline activity.

I actually know someone who is a producer at MLB Network, I'll shoot her a quick email to find out. I also want her job, it's the greatest (despite having to live in New York City).

I have the season pass set up on my Tivo since I will be driving back from Minnesota on Sunday.

stevemcstud
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
The thing I am going to love to see is the turnaround and how you will be able see everyones attitude in the clubhouse go from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs.

Oh and the trade deadline.

Ron Karkovice
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Someone let the rest of us know if this is watchable by other means (if you do not have MLB network).

thanks.

Coops4Aces
07-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Someone let the rest of us know if this is watchable by other means (if you do not have MLB network).

thanks.

If you saw the preview, you'd know this is most definitely watchable

thomas35forever
07-12-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm definitely interested in this show more now that our Sox are playing well. It'll be great TV, especially for us.

Ron Karkovice
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
If you saw the preview, you'd know this is most definitely watchable

Shucks. I'm no good at riddles...

I'll just make an educated guess and assume i'll be able to view it on mlb.com

hawkjt
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
So is it an hour show,once a week,on Sundays? Anyone know? Seems to make sense as that will probably push it thru the end of the season. But it will seem pretty dated if they are showing july trade drama in Sept.

sox1970
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
So is it an hour show,once a week,on Sundays? Anyone know? Seems to make sense as that will probably push it thru the end of the season. But it will seem pretty dated if they are showing july trade drama in Sept.

I know this week's show is an hour. I think last year's The Pen was 6 episodes, but I don't what the plans are for this show.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2010, 07:31 PM
I know everyone's disappointed with the loss (if that isn't the understatement of the century), but for those interested, the Club will be premiering in 90 minutes on MLB Network.

sox1970
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I know everyone's disappointed with the loss (if that isn't the understatement of the century), but for those interested, the Club will be premiering in 30 minutes on MLB Network.

I think it's on at 8, unless they made a last minute schedule change.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I think it's on at 8, unless they made a last minute schedule change.

:redface:

You're right.

gr8mexico
07-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can see this online?

october23sp
07-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Watchin it now.

october23sp
07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Same narrator of the World Series DVD, already given me chills.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Same narrator of the World Series DVD, already given me chills.

Michael Clark Duncan. I wonder if he's a Sox fan.

october23sp
07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Damn, I thought WSI was about to be referenced.

getonbckthr
07-18-2010, 09:17 PM
That player they were just talking about....I assume Swisher?

october23sp
07-18-2010, 09:22 PM

That's what I was thinking.

mzh
07-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Is this available to be watched on MLB.com, or do you have to ahve MLBN?

getonbckthr
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
"You sore, **** you go out there and play!" Hahahahahahaha.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
"You sore, **** you go out there and play!" Hahahahahahaha.

Yeah that one stuck out for me as well. Gotta love Ozzie.

BadBobbyJenks
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM

He is. He was sporting a Sox hat at the Celebrity Softball game.

DSpivack
07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyone else notice one of the montage clips of USCF had blue seats? Thought that was funny.

JermaineDye05
07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Enjoyed the first episode. Looks like next week they go into the draft which should be very interesting to see.

Brian26
07-18-2010, 10:39 PM

That's what I was thinking.

No, that's an old story. I believe it's a reference to Caballo. That story's been used at Soxfest for years.

Brian26
07-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Anyone else notice one of the montage clips of USCF had blue seats? Thought that was funny.

They used a lot of old clips, including some stuff from the original World Series video.

roylestillman
07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Maybe it was just great expectations, but I was a bit disappointed by the first episode of The Club. The whole tone of the show seemed so serious and ominous - I expected billowing clouds and claps of thunder. A lot of this had to do with the narrator who also sounded too much like Kenny and at times it confused me as to who was talking.

I didn't get the point of the Kyle Williams NFL draft sub-plot.

The Reinsdorf/Selig diner scene was just odd and felt set up. Does anybody really think that Jerry and Bud would head out to some cheap breakfest joint and go over the line-up? Also the use of the Kenny/Ozzie/Jerry posed three shot was a little overdone.

On the good side every time Coop was on the screen, it was priceless. As noted before, Ozzie's line about the difference between being hurt and being sore was great. Finally the Santos scene was just great.

All and all it was OK, but I didn't really learn much.

Quentin08
07-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Judging from the response here, I don't think this show will get high ratings.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed in the way it was edited. Too many 3-second soundbites put together shot after shot. I know they're trying to put 3 months worth into 1 hour, but I didn't think it was very well put together. I'll continue to watch just because I'm a huge Sox fan. Does anyone know how many more episodes there are?

october23sp
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Maybe it was just great expectations, but I was a bit disappointed by the first episode of The Club. The whole tone of the show seemed so serious and ominous - I expected billowing clouds and claps of thunder. A lot of this had to do with the narrator who also sounded too much like Kenny and at times it confused me as to who was talking.

The Reinsdorf/Selig diner scene was just odd and felt set up. Does anybody really think that Jerry and Bud would head out to some cheap breakfest joint and go over the line-up? Also the use of the Kenny/Ozzie/Jerry posed three shot was a little overdone.

On the good side every time Coop was on the screen, it was priceless. As noted before, Ozzie's line about the difference between being hurt and being sore was great. Finally the Santos scene was just great.

I like the narrator, I don't know what you were expecting with the tone of the show.

The show follows 3 people; Kenny, Ozzie, and Jerry, I don't know why they wouldn't touch on the subject of Kyle Williams.

From what I could tell at the 2005 Championship presentation, Selig and Reinsdorf are friends, just because they are rich does not mean they have to eat the fanciest food ever.

I thought it was an awesome first show, and that it really set the tone of what to expect. Kenny seemed truly shocked that our team was struggling.

ohthosechisox
07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
I thought I would let everybody know (especially those who don't have MLB Network) that CSN will replaying The Club sometime soon, according to the Inside the Sox twitter.

https://twitter.com/InsideTheSox/status/18881264064

sox1970

Personally, I was a bit disappointed in the way it was edited. Too many 3-second soundbites put together shot after shot. I know they're trying to put 3 months worth into 1 hour, but I didn't think it was very well put together. I'll continue to watch just because I'm a huge Sox fan. Does anyone know how many more shows they're gonna air?

I think I read six total, and I know they are 30 minutes after tonight.

getonbckthr

It seemed serious because its meant to be serious. The sub-plot with KW's kid was to show the balancing act between being a dad and a GM. I thought it was very well done personally.

Brian26
07-18-2010, 10:59 PM

Personally, I was a bit disappointed in the way it was edited. Too many 3-second soundbites put together shot after shot. I know they're trying to put 3 months worth into 1 hour, but I didn't think it was very well put together. I'll continue to watch just because I'm a huge Sox fan. Does anyone know how many more shows they're gonna air?

That was my general take as well. I was waiting and waiting for the meat of the program, and from that perspective it was extremely frustrating. There was a bit too much glitz and not enough substance. The Santos scene was touching, and I enjoyed some of the brief older clips of Ozzie and Kenny from the 80s (including that clip of Ozzie scoring from 2nd against the A's in '85).

I really enjoyed watching Jerry and Selig eat soup and discuss the lineup though.

sox1970
I thought I would let everybody know (especially those who don't have MLB Network) that CSN will replaying The Club sometime soon, according to the Inside the Sox twitter.

https://twitter.com/InsideTheSox/status/18881264064

I figured that was going to happen since they have been promoting the show on their own.

JermaineDye05

As far as I know, they are very good friends (I seem to recall Jerry saying to Bud after being handed the trophy that he got him into the game). So I wouldn't put it by them.

sox1970
07-18-2010, 11:01 PM
That was my general take as well. I was waiting and waiting for the meat of the program, and from that perspective it was extremely frustrating. There was a bit too much glitz and not enough substance. The Santos scene was touching, and I enjoyed some of the brief older clips of Ozzie and Kenny from the 80s (including that clip of Ozzie scoring from 2nd against the A's in '85).

I really enjoyed watching Jerry and Selig eat soup and discuss the lineup though.

I remember that, and I haven't seen that clip in years. That was really cool.

WhiteSox5187
07-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I remember that, and I haven't seen that clip in years. That was really cool.

I THINK they show the end of that clip in the montage towards the end.

Lillian
07-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I couldn't watch it because I'm in Costa Rica, but I've seen the trailer on the MLB.TV site, and I think that the restaurant scene with J. R. and Selig is legit. It's a deli and they're eating gefilte fish. They're both jewish, and you don't find that on menus anywhere but a jewish deli. If that's what they wanted, they wouldn't care much about the place's atmosphere.

MeteorsSox4367
07-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I did like Cooper's line about Ozzie's info being available on Twitter. I also liked the old Ozzie clips from his playing days and his one nice throw to Russ Morman, arguably the greatest first baseman in Sox history to wear No. 14.

As for Kenny's son and his getting drafted by the NFL, all I could think about when the kid was on was how much those earrings were worth.

I also liked the Santos piece. Genuine emotion and I think he's going to be an integral member of the bullpen for years to come.

GoGoCrede
07-18-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm watching now, and it's already a riot. I kind of like the guys looking all glassy-eyed while listening to Ozzie's Big Speech.

Araxen
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Excellent first episode. I can't wait for next episode.

Crede24Thome25
07-19-2010, 12:06 AM
He's a big sox fan, he was on the field during the disco demolition.

Slappy
07-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Any way for those of us without MLB.tv to watch this? :smile:

spongyfungy
07-19-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm watching the reair now.

Does the first airing not have the ticker on the bottom? It's kind of annoying

SephClone89
07-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Any way for those of us without MLB.tv to watch this? :smile:

You don't need MLB.tv, just MLB Network.

Apparently it will also be aired on CSN.

Rohan
07-19-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm watching the reair now.

Does the first airing not have the ticker on the bottom? It's kind of annoying

There's a ticker on everything on MLB network. I like it.

GoGoCrede
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
The production values of the show are really cool. I'm always at the Cell when the Sox are in town, but it's exciting seeing parts of it on the screen, like the outside of it, the el, the city, spring training. They're using a lot of 2005 footage.

KW has a great radio voice. I think he missed his calling. Half-teal.I love the dramatic narration. Michael Clarke Duncan also has an amazing voice.

What's with the constant shot of the three of them standing there? I get it, they're a "family." Nice glasses, Ozzie. I mean it.

Loved the look on Floyd's face when KW said, "There are no secrets here."

I'm also guessing the guy who "wasn't pulling on the same end of the rope" was Swisher. Are there any other guesses?

Don Cooper with the line of the night - "I missed a lot of this, is this going to be on your Twitter later?"

Oney is a douchebag for putting his father in that position. Grow up, Oney. But good to see that Ozzie saw that he needed to be sent packing, even though I know it must have been hard. Ozzie's tears made me feel bad for him. I hope Oney saw this and felt bad.

Dan Hudson is adorable, I'm glad we'll be seeing more of him. Same for Santos.
When he found out he made it, I almost teared up. Actually, no, I did tear up when he talked to his dad.

Love all the Opening Day stuff. That was such a memorable day, one of my favorite games this season.

I'm excited to see the next episode when the **** hits the fan because we're sucking it up in April. Walker defending himself! Great stuff.

edit - Wow, sorry for the novel. I should get a blog.

Slappy
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
You don't need MLB.tv, just MLB Network.

Apparently it will also be aired on CSN.

Oh yeah I meant MLB Network. But it will be on CSN, too? The whole series? That'd be sweet.

JermaineDye05
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
There's a ticker on everything on MLB network. I like it.

Yeah but it's painful after a loss like today.

Slappy
07-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm also guessing the guy who "wasn't pulling on the same end of the rope" was Swisher. Are there any other guesses?

I could be wrong but I thought that quote was from this season, like a few weeks ago specifically, when the team sucked and all the off the field issues were a big...issue.

And I think he was talking about Ozzie.

GoGoCrede
07-19-2010, 12:26 AM
I could be wrong but I thought that quote was from this season, like a few weeks ago specifically, when the team sucked and all the off the field issues were a big...issue.

I thought he specifically meant a player, because Ozzie told KW he sent the guy home and KW didn't even want to know who it was, nor did he care.

edit - man, things were getting really tense during April. I've tried to block it all out, but this is making it all come back.

ilsox7
07-19-2010, 12:27 AM

It's from years ago as covered previously in the thread.

Slappy
07-19-2010, 12:30 AM
I know for a fact that KW used that "pulling from the same rope" line this year at the time that I stated, and about someone currently employed by the White Sox. I don't care enough to try to find it, but feel free to prove me wrong.

GoGoCrede
07-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Also, Dan Hudson looks like Brad Paisley. I felt bad for both him and Williams, knowing how the season would later turn out for the latter.

GoGoCrede
07-19-2010, 12:33 AM
No, that's an old story. I believe it's a reference to Caballo. That story's been used at Soxfest for years.

Ah, okay. Mystery solved. I knew it had to have been about a player.

thomas35forever
07-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Man, both the game and this episode end with a loss to the Twins. Hopefully, better things will be coming for us tomorrow.

comiskey2000
07-19-2010, 10:01 AM
I got the feeling that the story of sending the player home was a few years ago. Wasn't Jon Rauch sent home after he had an awful outing?

harwar
07-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I got the feeling that the story of sending the player home was a few years ago. Wasn't Jon Rauch sent home after he had an awful outing?

That was my thought also .. my memory is fairly bad but i seem to remember KW using that "pulling on the rope" term back then when he gave Rauch the bums rush outta town .. i also have this piece of a memory about how Carlos Lee(el caballo)and KW got into in the clubhouse and he used that term around then

dickallen15
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Rauch left after an awful outing and got into a lot of trouble for leaving.

dickallen15
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM

It can't be Lee because Ozzie didn't send him home. KW traded him during the offseason.

comiskey2000
07-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Rauch left after an awful outing and got into a lot of trouble for leaving.

He had to make his appointment to get that neck tattoo of his...

Madvora
07-19-2010, 08:25 PM
I liked the first episode. The serious tone was a plus and I was actually thinking that during the show. It's not meant to be one of those rain delay things on WGN.
I particularly like that they aren't focusing a lot on the players themselves. I don't want this to be Fox Saturday Baseball where they just have a bunch of sound bytes of guys saying, "hey hey," "alright!" "there you go" and all that pointless crap.

Brian26
07-19-2010, 10:51 PM
It can't be Lee because Ozzie didn't send him home. KW traded him during the offseason.

Ozzie didn't send anyone home, including Rauch. Ozzie's never sent anyone home. That wasn't the point. Nobody was literally sent home, but Kenny gave Ozzie the go-ahead to do so if he wanted to. The point was that Kenny didn't care who the player was.

The player was Caballo.

Rauch was traded after he went home before a game was completed. Kenny made a public announcement that he was "open for business" and "interested GMs should call him" after Rauch left, so it was no secret what happened that day.

Slappy
07-19-2010, 10:59 PM
It's on On Demand for those of you with Comcast. I just watched the first episode, and as a fan it was cool to see some behind the scenes stuff, but there was nothing new here. It skipped around too much for my tastes. Too sound-bitey. I wished it would've spent a little more time on each issue. And I don't really care that much about Kenny Williams' son, tbh. He's not on the Sox. It was edited kind of playfully, and with Michael Clark Duncans serious baritone, it just didn't sit well. There has been some serious drama with this organization this year, and not surprisingly, they didn't dig into it too much. It was expected, but kind of disappointing at the same time. The video version of a New Yorker article this was not.

Regardless, I'll probably watch all of the episodes unless it gets really boring.

michned
07-20-2010, 03:06 AM
It was the first episode, so I think they were just applying character development (Ozzie's family, Kenny's son, etc.). Kind of like watching the first episode of "Welcome Back, Kotter" : you had no idea who the sweathogs were and you basically had to be told about each of them so the successive episodes would make more sense.

Was it just me, or during the coaches meeting, did someone say something along the lines of, "Coop, who have you fixed this spring?". WSI reference? :smile:

october23sp
07-20-2010, 03:14 AM
It was the first episode, so I think they were just applying character development (Ozzie's family, Kenny's son, etc.). Kind of like watching the first episode of "Welcome Back, Kotter" : you had no idea who the sweathogs were and you basically had to be told about each of them so the successive episodes would make more sense.

Was it just me, or during the coaches meeting, did someone say something along the lines of, "Coop, who have you fixed this spring?". WSI reference? :smile:

Yes, I noticed that too. Coop, who have you fixed? And he started listing guys he "fixed."

Speaking of which, I thought WSI was going to be mentioned when he started talking about internet stuff.

Moses_Scurry
07-20-2010, 12:25 PM
As a White Sox fan, I thought it was pretty cool. If it were another team, I wouldn't have liked it very much. First off, I thought it would have much more behind-the-scenes footage. Instead, it was more like a light documentary about a baseball team season. I did not like the narration at all. I understand having it at the beginning to introduce everybody to those less familiar with the Sox, but there were many points where the narrator interjected with stuff that was really unneccessary and distracting. I like Duncan, and I think it is cool that he's a Sox fan, but he really wasn't needed.

hawkjt
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I liked it,but I am die-hard Sox fan so that clinches it for me.

The scene with Sergio getting the good news was great...emotional.
I love his story anyway,and knowing how his parents came from Mexico and produced a rags to riches family...it is so American. I root for the underdogs like Sergio.

ChicagoHoosier
07-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Was looking on the website, but does anyone see if there is a re-run schedule or whether Episode 1 will be shown again? I am getting this channel next week probably and want to catch it.

chisox12
07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I really enjoyed it. Thank God the Sox turned it around here or this would have been one depressing series about how dissappointing the 2010 has been...

WhiteSox1989
07-20-2010, 01:05 PM
I only watched the first couple of minutes of it at a friend's, but do they touch on the Oney Guillen drama? I'm pretty interested in seeing how that played out.

Milw
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I was pretty disappointed with the first episode. It wasn't bad or boring per se, but like others have said, there was no new ground broken here, and very little actual behind the scenes footage. It's like they picked five or six random days between January and June and then spliced in the highlights from them.

That five-minute segment about the team's road trip to Yankee Stadium was particularly bizarre. There was nothing especially noteworthy about it, it was like the production crew decided "Hey, they're playing the Yankees, we had better document it!" and then didn't seem to care when nothing important happened.

The production values are excellent, but they definitely missed the tone in the first episode. No real cohesive story lines. It came off like a "year-in-review" DVD that focused only on the first few months of the season. Not very interesting.

Also, Michael Clarke Duncan's voice is distracting. It inherently comes off as uber-serious, which doesn't always mesh with the context.

GoGoCrede
07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
I only watched the first couple of minutes of it at a friend's, but do they touch on the Oney Guillen drama? I'm pretty interested in seeing how that played out.

They don't just touch on it, they quote him directly and show Ozzie's reaction to letting him go. He tears up. I hope Oney saw it and felt like ****.

WhiteSox1989
07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
They don't just touch on it, they quote him directly and show Ozzie's reaction to letting him go. He tears up. I hope Oney saw it and felt like ****.
Yeah I saw his Tweets about it, and was curious.

So, is this going to play on Comcast, or what? haha.

GoGoCrede
07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah I saw his Tweets about it, and was curious.

So, is this going to play on Comcast, or what? haha.

What did he say about the show?

WhiteSox1989
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
What did he say about the show?
Some **** about people being fake, and then he talked about the popcorn shrimp at Market.

Farsouthside
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Im pissed Dishnetwork doesnt get this channel! Is there someplace online I can watch episodes for free??

ghostface36
07-21-2010, 01:09 AM
does anybody have a link to downloadn this?

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2010, 01:14 AM
does anybody have a link to downloadn this?I better not see anybody posting any directions for pirating copyrighted material. :club:

Porcho
07-21-2010, 01:16 AM
I was left with the feeling that there were going to be more episodes. Is there?

I also felt bad for Guillen. It must have been hard to fire his own son. Their family seems close, so hopefully, his son didn't hold a grudge for too long!

ghostface36
07-21-2010, 01:44 AM
I better not see anybody posting any directions for pirating copyrighted material. :club:
sorry i didn't know how this forum worked. I just haven't seen any evidence of a replay on mlbtv or comcast so......ya know

Nellie_Fox
07-21-2010, 02:01 AM
sorry i didn't know how this forum worked. I suggest you go to the top of the Clubhouse forum and read the stuck thread WSI Rules and Other Useful Info (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114038). Familiarizing yourself with the rules of any new site before you start posting is always a good idea.

kellykid
07-21-2010, 02:28 PM
sorry i didn't know how this forum worked. I just haven't seen any evidence of a replay on mlbtv or comcast so......ya know

Replays are available on Comcast OnDemand and yes MLB will also be replaying episodes, just check your local listings.

downstairs
07-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I was left with the feeling that there were going to be more episodes. Is there?

Yes, 6 episodes. Here's a complete schedule (also for those who missed it, note that episode 1 is being re-run quite a bit this week):

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/shows/?id=11429344

Its only playing for 4 weeks though, the last two weeks are doubling-up on episodes.

And then full 6-show marathons on Sept 3 and 4.

Now ya know!

GoGoCrede
07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Second episode is on in 10 minutes. It looks like it'll be covering our suckiness in April/May. I'm interested to see the reactions.

DirtySox
07-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Draft stuff was interesting. They were indeed real high on Grandal. The Loux interest was real too it seemed. That pick would have been pukeworthy, especially considering he failed his physical with Arizona. The two way player they were referring to was Brett Eibner.

GoGoCrede
07-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Aww, the phone call to Chris Sale welcoming him to the Sox was cute. He seems really respectful. Can't wait to see him.

I wonder if they'll touch on the Ozney Guillen draft drama. Should be :popcorn: - worthy.

cards press box
07-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Draft stuff was interesting. They were indeed real high on Grandal. The Loux interest was real too it seemed. That pick would have been pukeworthy, especially considering he failed his physical with Arizona. The two way player they were referring to was Brett Eibner.

I enjoyed the draft scenes, too. It seems to me that: (1) they didn't expect both Sale and Grandal to be there at 13 and (2) if they were, the Sox would have been happy to draft either one. Consequently, when the Reds took Grandal at 12, the logical move was to take Sale and hope that signability issues could be worked out, which is exactly what happened.

JermaineDye05
07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
This episode was far better than the premiere. Loved the draft stuff. I also enjoyed seeing Kenny watching the team during that horrid Peavy/Talbot game. He pretty much expressed all of our sentiments at that point. "When we hit we don't pitch. When we pitch we don't hit."

And then when the Sox win three games in a row him saying "I can't remember the last time we did that".

It was just interesting to see KW as a fan. You know GMs root for their ballclubs but you rarely can see them on the sidelines.

Brian26
07-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Nobody's commented yet on seeing Jerry Krause in the war-room?

GoGoCrede
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Loved seeing Kenny work out because of the stress of watching the team blow. And his frustrations totally sounded like what many of us on WSI were complaining about.

Can't wait for next week, when our winning streak is covered.

manders_01
07-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Replays are available on Comcast OnDemand and yes MLB will also be replaying episodes, just check your local listings.

I don't have Comcast or MLB Network. I thought someone said they would be available to view online. I didn't see anything on the MLB Network or MLB websites. Or even on Hulu. Am I SOL?

thomas35forever
07-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Gonna be a great episode for obvious reasons next week.:cool:

JermaineDye05
07-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Gonna be a great episode for obvious reasons next week.:cool:

I'm interested to see if they touch on the Peavy injury and what the discussions between Ozzie, KW, Jerry, and possibly Herm are like.

skobabe8
07-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Great episode last night.

Kenny watching the Sox/Cubs at Market was cool to see. I gotta get over there.

dwitt76
07-26-2010, 10:08 AM

I thought that was him. What was he doing there?

hawkjt
07-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Krause was hired as a scout earlier this year. Back to his roots. He is good at it.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-26-2010, 12:14 PM

Yeah I went back and saw that on my DVR. I was like, "Is that Krause sitting there?" Thought the draft stuff was really cool.

I want the weight room KW uses to burn off stress. I think he's been the most honest so far in relating his feelings. Loved the Wrigley comment.

salty99
07-26-2010, 01:01 PM

everybody already knows he works for the team

bigdommer
07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Aww, the phone call to Chris Sale welcoming him to the Sox was cute. He seems really respectful. Can't wait to see him.

I could sense the awkwardness in Chris's voice when KW asked him if he was going to celebrate. He was caught between "no sir, I'm going to throw a bullpen so I can help you win a pennant this fall" and "hell yeah, what are you kidding me? I just found out I am a millionaire and I am going to Chicago and not Kansas City or Cleveland. I might take my boys to Vegas and party for a week straight."

F4L
07-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Anyone have a link to watch past episodes?