PDA

View Full Version : Lack of faith


Paulwny
06-23-2002, 04:29 PM
I understand why Jm didn't ph for Wright in the 5th, wanting a rested pen for the twins. However, he's also telling the team "You guys will never get back into the game, it's over". I wonder how the players felt about this lack of faith?

Jjav829
06-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I understand why Jm didn't ph for Wright in the 5th, wanting a rested pen for the twins. However, he's also telling the team "You guys will never get back into the game, it's over". I wonder how the players felt about this lack of faith?

Manuel has no reason to have faith that his team will come back. They have done nothing to give him any reason to assume they had a chance to come back. If the players want faith from their manager...they better earn it!

duke of dorwood
06-23-2002, 04:35 PM
But that's the message the manager chooses to send, and this is the problem with Manual.

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829


Manuel has no reason to have faith that his team will come back. They have done nothing to give him any reason to assume they had a chance to come back. If the players want faith from their manager...they better earn it!

Part of a job of a manager is to instill confidence. What ever happened to " it's never over till the last man's out"?

Jjav829
06-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny


Part of a job of a manager is to instill confidence. What ever happened to " it's never over till the last man's out"?

Manuel has had confidence in his team and supported them. It hasn't worked. The last thing I want to hear is that the players can't come back from being down because their manager doesn't have confidence in them. Boo hoo.

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829


Manuel has had confidence in his team and supported them. It hasn't worked. The last thing I want to hear is that the players can't come back from being down because their manager doesn't have confidence in them. Boo hoo.

He picked this team in st. If he now has no confidence in this team , he's become the worst manager in the game.

Jjav829
06-23-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny


He picked this team in st. If he now has no confidence in this team , he's become the worst manager in the game.

He still has confidence in this team. The move of leaving Wright in was clearly the right move here. The players should understand that it was the right move too. Besides, they were probably all too busy sleeping to even notice that Manuel left Wright in.

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Besides, they were probably all too busy sleeping to even notice that Manuel left Wright in.

LOL, on this we agree.

Tragg
06-23-2002, 05:12 PM
The problem is that he wasted 6 pitchers in yesterday's blow-out. He tied his own hands and there was no real winning solution for him.
3 Innings is an outside max for a manuel reliever - usually it's 1, except for the closer (which, curiously, is often 2).

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
The problem is that he wasted 6 pitchers in yesterday's blow-out. He tied his own hands and there was no real winning solution for him.
3 Innings is an outside max for a manuel reliever - usually it's 1, except for the closer (which, curiously, is often 2).

This is where last year Lowe would have pitched 4-5 innings. We no longer have a "true " middle reliever as Mendosa in NY.