PDA

View Full Version : Roy Oswalt

JermaineDye05
07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Heyman says the Sox are considering him. Doesn't matter much as we've heard he doesn't want to come here.

Link (http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/statuses/18319303627)

Tragg
07-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Leery of NL-AL switch?
Finally
High salary, injury prone pitcher.
But very good at his best.

Baron
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Heyman says the Sox are considering him. Doesn't matter much as we've heard he doesn't want to come here.

Link (http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/statuses/18319303627)

We've heard a pitcher we know very well say that he didnt want to come here either.How did that turn out?

tm1119
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Is adding about 22mil over the rest of this year and next even remotely reasonable for us? I cant see us adding that much money at all, and even if we did theres no way more than 1 of PK, AJ, JJ, and Bobby would be back next season. We would have to mortgage the farm and next year's MLB roster to take on a contract like that. Pitching should not be our main concern when it comes down to it. Our staff is just now pitching the way it should, our offense in all likely hood is overachieving(over the past 30 games, not the season). Another slugging bat is going to be needed if we want to keep up with the big boys in the east.

LoveYourSuit
07-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Is adding about 22mil over the rest of this year and next even remotely reasonable for us? I cant see us adding that much money at all, and even if we did theres no way more than 1 of PK, AJ, JJ, and Bobby would be back next season. We would have to mortgage the farm and next year's MLB roster to take on a contract like that. Pitching should not be our main concern when it comes down to it. Our staff is just now pitching the way it should, our offense in all likely hood is overachieving(over the past 30 games, not the season). Another slugging bat is going to be needed if we want to keep up with the big boys in the east.

I think some $$$ would be coming the Sox way.

And I agree, I don't think the Sox can add that much more money right now, especially how this slow start hurt ticket sales up until now. This homestand should have been sold out for most of the games by the way this team played, even with the crappy weather.

palehozenychicty
07-12-2010, 08:04 AM

indeed. Our hitting must improve to really contend in the second half.