PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Comparison; 2001 vrs. 2002

chisoxt
06-23-2002, 04:28 PM
Think about this one. Last year we lose Frank Thomas and half of a pitching staff and we start out the season, what 15 games under .500, while this year we start 9 games over .500 and guess what?

As of today, we are one game worse than last year!

Time to change the ad campaign again....White sox Baseball..."Come ready to puke!"

duke of dorwood
06-23-2002, 04:32 PM
So lets see, no injury excuse, added Ken Lofton, no lard a** David Wells, when does this tricke down to the coaching?

oldcomiskey
06-23-2002, 05:00 PM
no--it trickles down to a bunch of quitters

RKMeibalane
06-23-2002, 05:28 PM
The White Sox have a laundry list of problems right now. First and foremost, they can't score any runs, especially against pitchers they have not seen before. Hitters are coming up in crucial run-scoring situations and accomplishing nothing. Today, we saw Royce Clayton, Paul Konerko, and Frank Thomas fail to get it done in clutch situations. In fairness to Thomas, the game was more or less over by the time he pinch hit.

What's more, as "Hawk" pointed out today, other teams are not having problems against the Sox, even though they have not faced their pitchers before, save perhaps Todd Ritchie.

The Sox made a few more errors today, and at least one of them cost the Sox runs. I don't know what the problem is. These guys have been playing for almost three months now, yet they are still making mistakes that should have been corrected in Spring Training.

Jerry Manuel, as someone pointed out earlier, needs to pick a lineup and stick with it. His tinkering is part of the reason why the Sox aren't scoring runs. Nobody on the team, except for Konerko, seems to know his role. When was the last time Lofton started consecutive games for the Sox? Why hasn't Clayton remained on the bench where he belongs?

I'm looking forward to getting back to AL games. I'm tired of seeing the Sox not have their three best hitters in the lineup at the same time, something we have not seen in a week and a half. I'm also tired of seeing Royce Clayton batting seventh. Honestly, he has been so bad this season that I fully expected Manuel to hit his pitchers in the number-eight spot, so Clayton would still bat ninth.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
no--it trickles down to a bunch of quitters

EXACTLY!! Last season this team had nothing at all going for it & they refused to lie down. 15 games under at one point & they finished 10 or so games over. This year there are only about 5 guys on this team that give a *****. NO HEART!!! That's the problem.

RKMeibalane
06-23-2002, 05:37 PM
:walnuts :maggs :hurt :burly :jon

They would have six who care if KW would ever bring up Joe Crede. Good grief, this is bad.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:walnuts :maggs :hurt :burly :jon

They would have six who care if KW would ever bring up Joe Crede. Good grief, this is bad.

ERRR NO!

The Big Skirt is just collecting a paycheck

:hurt

"Me? a leader of the team? You must be mistaken."

:manos

"I'm a true blue sox player till i die!"

hold2dibber
06-23-2002, 09:22 PM
The Sox now have the same record as the Orioles, I believe. That team has a horse sh*t line-up and a bunch of no names and has-beens in the starting rotation, yet the "Come Ready To Roll Over and Die" White Sox, with a bunch of proven hitters in the line-up and multiple much-heralded up-and-comers on the pitching staff, are on the same pace. This team has no heart, no life and no balls. Time for some heads to roll; they have to shake some things up -- dump Contreras and/or Manuel, release Royce, demote Carlos, bring up Crede, make some trades, do something to light a fire under these loafers.

If KW and the White Sox organization wants to bring the fans back to the park, they better get a team on the field that cares at least as much as the fans do and that can win some games on heart, hustle and determination. This team has none of the above. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Garrison
06-23-2002, 09:44 PM
about now i am all for give up on these losers. Perhaps something to rant about? Only a handful of guys are worth keeping. The rest are on some other agenda and playing baseball ain't on it. No heart, no drive, no motivation. Give some kids from the farm a shot. They want to play, and given a chance up here, they'd take it and play their hardest I think. Playing for paychecks or stats or whatever isn't helping us. We need guys who want to win in the bigs. This group of talented bums doesn't have it. They got the talent, but they won't do anything about it. It's so frustrating.

baggio202
06-23-2002, 10:17 PM
" i dont care who you are...oakland, anaheim , the yankees , atlanta...when you play us..you better bring your brooms"!!!..jerry manuel white sox commercial

Procol Harum
06-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
" i dont care who you are...oakland, anaheim , the yankees , atlanta...when you play us..you better bring your brooms"!!!..jerry manuel white sox commercial

AIIIIIIEEEEE!!! ROTFL!!! Good'n, Baggio.

doublem23
06-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

ERRR NO!

The Big Skirt is just collecting a paycheck

bc2k?

Cheryl
06-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Why go out there and break into a sweat when you know come August, you're all going home anyway?

Kilroy
06-24-2002, 09:05 AM

EXACTLY!! Last season this team had nothing at all going for it & they refused to lie down. 15 games under at one point & they finished 10 or so games over. This year there are only about 5 guys on this team that give a *****. NO HEART!!! That's the problem.

Strange how Manuel gets the "credit" for the corpse-ball this year, but he doesn't get too much credit for the team that refused to lie down and quit last year.

:manos

"I'm a true blue sox player till i die!"

Too bad he's an error waiting to happen...

duke of dorwood
06-24-2002, 09:44 AM
And he got too much credit in 2000 when a bunch of guys had career years. So it evens out, and all that's left is an underachieving , lifeless team.