PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard

SCCWS
07-10-2010, 09:32 PM
With the resurgence of the White Sox into the pennant race, maybe the wildcard comes into play as well. Certainly the Red Sox will make a charge when they get 3 or 4 of their starters back. But the AL East may also beat up on each other as well. If White Sox and Tigers stay hot the wildcard may not be the given to AL East as everyone seemed to think a month ago.

PeteWard
07-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Possible, but for me I'd rather not even think about this till September.

WhiteSox5187
07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
With the resurgence of the White Sox into the pennant race, maybe the wildcard comes into play as well. Certainly the Red Sox will make a charge when they get 3 or 4 of their starters back. But the AL East may also beat up on each other as well. If White Sox and Tigers stay hot the wildcard may not be the given to AL East as everyone seemed to think a month ago.

I'd love for the Wild Card to come out of the Central provided that the Rays win the east. I would love nothing more than to see the Yankees and Red Sox out of the playoffs.

october23sp
07-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I'd love for the Wild Card to come out of the Central provided that the Rays win the east. I would love nothing more than to see the Yankees and Red Sox out of the playoffs.

Yankees got it on lock but I could see the Red Sox or Rays falling off.

twinsuck
07-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd rather just win the division, I don't want the Tigers making the playoffs.(or the Twins if they make a come back)

Foulke You
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I certainly would like the AL Central to produce the Wild Card this year. Anything to improve our chances for October baseball.

TomParrish79
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Lets just win the division and not worry about the wild card

october23sp
07-11-2010, 02:15 AM
MYtjpIwamos

Gavin
07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Looking at the coolstandings.com the Sox are basically being blocked out from having a chance.... the AL East teams (sorry, Baltimore) is amazingly good:
http://www.coolstandings.com/cs2/charts/2010_coolstats_s_CHW.jpg

The black line represents their WC chance.... too many teams ahead of the Sox.

Zakath
07-11-2010, 01:35 PM
You would really need one of the three AL East teams to beat the crap out of the other two, and then have those 2 split their remaining meanings (getting some help from Toronto wouldn't hurt either).

Yankees have 10 left with Boston (7 H, 3 A), and 13 with Tampa (7 H, 6 A), while Boston only has 6 left with Tampa (3 H, 3 A).

SCCWS
07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
You would really need one of the three AL East teams to beat the crap out of the other two, and then have those 2 split their remaining meanings (getting some help from Toronto wouldn't hurt either).

Yankees have 10 left with Boston (7 H, 3 A), and 13 with Tampa (7 H, 6 A), while Boston only has 6 left with Tampa (3 H, 3 A).

The 13 w Tampa/NY may decide it. Boston has been playing w 3-4 minor-leaguers every game for 3 weeks yet are still close. They will make a major run in 2nd half so if either Yanks or Jays beat up the other one Red Sox may sneak in.

october23sp
07-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Looking at the coolstandings.com the Sox are basically being blocked out from having a chance.... the AL East teams (sorry, Baltimore) is amazingly good:
http://www.coolstandings.com/cs2/charts/2010_coolstats_s_CHW.jpg

The black line represents their WC chance.... too many teams ahead of the Sox.

Yeah, go look at the "it's a numbers game" thread. **** the numbers, just win baby.

WhiteSox5187
07-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Yankees got it on lock but I could see the Red Sox or Rays falling off.

What would have to happen is the Yankees cool off by a lot, the Rays take the lead in the East, the Sox keep playing like they are and the Tigers to get red hot. Seems unlikely but a month ago the Sox being eleven over and in first seemed unlikely too.