PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Bannister Takes One On The Chin 7-10 KC vs White Sox Postgame Thread

gf2020
07-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Hell yeah.

thomas35forever
Everything's going well for us right now.

KnightSox
I hope we keep this up after the break.

PeteWard
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
10 over and pitching is again unhittable vs good hitting KC. :bandance:

guillensdisciple
This team is ridiculous. It's like all of them have decided to go on steroids ESPECIALLY this pitching staff.

I have been way too excited, and all my posts have been sharing the exact same sentiment.

Quentin is beast like.

Rikirk
Its a win....im happy.

gf2020
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure if I want us to win tomorrow. I don't know if I can bear going into the break on a somber streak.

russ99
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Sox win again. :D:

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Let's punk Greinke tomorrow!

Why do we need to have an All-star break again?

Rikirk
07-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure if I want us to win tomorrow. I don't know if I can bear going into the break on a somber streak.

Bennidict Arnold

:tongue:

LoveYourSuit
07-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't think we were ever this hot in '05 or '06.

This is an amzing run.

Greinke will be tough tomorrow, but I am getting used to us pulling off 2-1 1-0 victories lately too.

PeteWard
07-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Sox win again. :D:

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Let's punk Greinke tomorrow!

Why do we need to have an All-star break again?

Sox don't, but Minnesota sure does.

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I mentioned in the game thread that if Pierre starts hitting and getting on base a little more and Gordo starts to hit like last year were we can move him up to the 2nd spot, this team will be scary good in the 2nd half.

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2010, 08:44 PM

This is an amzing run.

Greinke will be tough tomorrow, but I am getting used to us pulling off 2-1 1-0 victories lately too.

This is looking more and more like 1983!

DonnieDarko
07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Beckham in the two hole? No thank you.

If anything, when Vizquel isn't playing, I think that Ramirez should go there.

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Beckham in the two hole? No thank you.

If anything, when Vizquel isn't playing, I think that Ramirez should go there.

I said "If he starts to hit like last year", why not the 2nd spot.

Rikirk
07-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Deja Vu all over again.

BNLSox
07-10-2010, 08:49 PM
So proud of the boys and their turnaround. This has been truly amazing!

:gulp:...to continuing on this torrid pace!

PeteWard
07-10-2010, 08:51 PM
I wish Detroit would cool off. I hope Cabrera starts :gulp: again.

Slappy
07-10-2010, 08:53 PM
This is awesome. Things are going our way. Sucks that Peavy went down at the time he did but hopefully Hudson will dominate, and then we go get another bat or two.

SOXfnNlansing
07-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Good having smiles all around in my household again. 7 in a row! Let's roll into August 20 games over!

guillensdisciple
07-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I wish Detroit would cool off. I hope Cabrera starts :gulp: again.

Take a look at their home and away splits. Their pace won't be continued because they don't have that capacity on the road. We are more balanced, have a far superior pitching staff, and with Rios, Quentin, Konerko, and Ramirez picking up this team is a very dangerous hitting club.

76 games left in the season- in order to get 95 wins and make the playoffs the White Sox need to go 47- 29. That's not bad at all, and I don't see why we can't play at that pace the rest of the season.

Tragg
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Pitching, pitching, pitching.

Nice

Zisk77
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm saying 88 games wins it. TCQ looks like he's back.

SOXfnNlansing
07-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Sox are 3 over on the road, twins and Tigers under .500.

PeteWard
07-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Take a look at their home and away splits. Their pace won't be continued because they don't have that capacity on the road. We are more balanced, have a far superior pitching staff, and with Rios, Quentin, Konerko, and Ramirez picking up this team is a very dangerous hitting club.

76 games left in the season- in order to get 95 wins and make the playoffs the White Sox need to go 47- 29. That's not bad at all, and I don't see why we can't play at that pace the rest of the season.

I think the cooling starts tomorrow with Oliver going against Pavano. Advantage Twinks.

sox1970
07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
If the Sox make this a 12-game winning streak, we may have something here.

guillensdisciple
07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I think the cooling starts tomorrow with Oliver going against Pavano. Advantage Twinks.

The Sox .5 ahead going into the break. Ha, and I wonder who will say what about our Sox then.

This team is for real. Kenny, make us great.

veeter
07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm looking forward to the challenge of the long road trip after the break. A good road trip will solidify their toughness. This team looks really good. Now THIS is fun.

markopat
07-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Hats off to Gavin and TCQ....damn this is fun to watch!

Go Go SOX!

soltrain21
07-10-2010, 09:14 PM

I think we have something already.

sox1970
07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Sox are 10 over .500. Is this really happening? You never know...this division may have something to say about the wildcard too.

tstrike2000
07-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Now this is how we're supposed to be playing against KC.

slavko
07-10-2010, 09:18 PM

The Sox .5 ahead going into the break. Ha, and I wonder who will say what about our Sox then.

This team is for real. Kenny, make us great.

Talk like this offends the baseball gods. Thinking it is OK. Gavin, where were you for 2 months? Mr. Putz (even Hawk is saying it correctly now) is our best late guy as of right now, IMO. Golden. Love winning Sox baseball.

TomBradley72
07-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Effortless.

October26
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM
:winner

Another exciting White Sox win! :bandance: It is so much fun to watch Sox games!

TomParrish79
07-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Glad we are at 10 games over .500, I still believe its going to take 20-22 games over .500 to win this division.

Keep it up boys!

manders_01
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Excellent win! Love seeing these guys play to the ability I knew they could. Let's sweep 'em tomorrow and go into the break on fire! :bandance:

GoGoCrede
07-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Perfect game to be at, rain and all. I loved that they announced Paulie's All-Star selection there.

My Gavin was awesome! I definitely stood up as he left the game. :gulp:

sox1970
07-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Glad we are at 10 games over .500, I still believe its going to take 20-22 games over .500 to win this division.

Keep it up boys!

That's up to the Twins. If they suck to both the Sox and Tigers, then it may take 94-95 games to win the division.

October26
07-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Perfect game to be at, rain and all. I loved that they announced Paulie's All-Star selection there.

My Gavin was awesome! I definitely stood up as he left the game. :gulp:

That was cool that they announced Paulie's All-Star selection at the game and yes, Gavin was amazing, again. :D:

october23sp
07-10-2010, 09:49 PM
7 in a row and 10 games above .500. How did this happen?

GoGoCrede
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM

I was just going to comment that we have a 7-game streak going. Winning has become normal now, even expected. :bandance: Praying for a strong second half!

SOXfnNlansing
07-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Sox team ERA just went under 4.00 (3.99) tonight.

DonnieDarko
07-10-2010, 10:17 PM
What about Starter ERA? :D:

sox1970
07-10-2010, 10:27 PM
What about Starter ERA? :D:

Buehrle 4.24
Peavy 4.63
Danks 3.29
Floyd 4.20
Garcia 4.36

soxlady8
07-10-2010, 10:29 PM
As I was walking out of the house, I saw my neighbor and asked him if it was going to rain. HE said yes. I grabbed my umbrella and put it in my purse. (The neighbor is like my weatherman, he keeps up on the news way more than I do).

I am so glad I brought that umbrella when the 10 minute bout of rain came.

It was such a wonderful game !
Gavin was awesome , TCQ is on fire , and glad to see Becks hit a homerun.

Go Sox !

elrod
07-10-2010, 10:42 PM

This is an amzing run.

We haven't gone 24-5 in any stretch since September 1983.

Foulke You
07-10-2010, 10:59 PM
We haven't gone 24-5 in any stretch since September 1983.
When this team was down 9.5 games, I remember people looking to the 1983 team comparison for any ray of hope to get back in the race. It's amazing that in 6 short weeks, this team is in the midst of a 1983-esque run. What a crazy season it has been. The way we are clicking right now, I'm expecting to win every game. What a turn around!:gulp:

Brian26
07-10-2010, 11:26 PM

This is an amazing run.

Someone should look it up. Even though we had five different eight-game winning streaks in '05, I don't think the team ever went 24-5 in a 29 game stretch. I remember a hot streak in late May/early June of 06, but, again, I don't think it was quite as prolonged.

FielderJones
07-10-2010, 11:27 PM
When this team was down 9.5 games, I remember people looking to the 1983 team comparison for any ray of hope to get back in the race. It's amazing that in 6 short weeks, this team is in the midst of a 1983-esque run.

Many who made that comparison were mocked and derided as Pollyannas, by those who thought a baseball season can be over in May.

Brian26
07-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Sox are 10 over .500. Is this really happening? You never know...this division may have something to say about the wildcard too.

Also the 9th series victory in the last 10.

Pretty amazing when you can remember your only five losses in the past month.

Brian26
07-10-2010, 11:28 PM

It defies logic.

BoysMom3
07-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Just got home from the game - what a fun one to make the trip up to Chicago for!!! Great, exciting game!! Gavin, Paulie, TCQ, Becks!!

And I got to meet up with Gogocrede - what a nice girl!! And got to chat a few minutes with a h.s. friend and meet his daughter.

Discovered on the way home that I really love the rest of the Foo Fighter cd that I've had for years, not just the one song I knew.

GoGoCrede
07-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Just got home from the game - what a fun one to make the trip up to Chicago for!!! Great, exciting game!! Gavin, Paulie, TCQ, Becks!!

And I got to meet up with Gogocrede - what a nice girl!! And got to chat a few minutes with a h.s. friend and meet his daughter.

Discovered on the way home that I really love the rest of the Foo Fighter cd that I've had for years, not just the one song I knew.

Loved seeing you too!!! I can't believe I missed that fight in the stands you told me about! Glad we could be there for such an awesome game, minus the rain.

BoysMom3
07-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Gogocrede, it just so happened that the tix my husband got had us under that little roof - so great view, all while keeping dry. :)

Also, I agree with what everyone is saying about expecting to win each game now. I don't expect anything less. It's a great feeling and such a fun time!

TCQ is something else - there was no doubt in my mind that his hits were outta there - bombs!!!

Danielgosox38
07-11-2010, 12:05 AM
It feels good being a White Sox fan right now. OMG this team is clicking on all cylinders. I don't want the break!`

tebman
07-11-2010, 12:10 AM

Loved seeing you too!!! I can't believe I missed that fight in the stands you told me about! Glad we could be there for such an awesome game, minus the rain.

Hey! Sorry I missed you both! Son-of-tebman and I were there tonight as well, sitting in Section 102 unprotected from the 8-pound raindrops that fell in the top of the fourth. But as the Saturday designate for the Totally Biased Game Recap, I could not abandon my post! My soggy scorecard and I were able to recover thanks to the beach towels we were handed as we came in.

A great game, a great homestand, and a great trend! It's all good.

:gulp:

GoGoCrede
07-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Gogocrede, it just so happened that the tix my husband got had us under that little roof - so great view, all while keeping dry. :)

Also, I agree with what everyone is saying about expecting to win each game now. I don't expect anything less. It's a great feeling and such a fun time!

TCQ is something else - there was no doubt in my mind that his hits were outta there - bombs!!!

Yep! The past several games I've been to have been absolutely packed. Took me forever to get back to my seat (I was under one of the overhangs too, glad I didn't buy an umbrella like I told you!). I hope all the people coming out to the park now doesn't mean it'll be harder to get playoff tix. :wink:

GoGoCrede
07-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Hey! Sorry I missed you both! Son-of-tebman and I were there tonight as well, sitting in Section 102 unprotected from the 8-pound raindrops that fell in the top of the fourth. But as the Saturday designate for the Totally Biased Game Recap, I could not abandon my post! My soggy scorecard and I were able to recover thanks to the beach towels we were handed as we came in.

A great game, a great homestand, and a great trend! It's all good.

:gulp:

Aww, I didn't know you would be there! And as a sidenote, can I say how pissed I am that I didn't get a towel? :angry: I am usually always early for the game, but I missed the el and ended up barely getting there in time. Damn. Luckily I was buying a hot dog for most of the rain.

BigHurt3515
07-11-2010, 12:35 AM
7!
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

Foulke You
07-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Obligatory WSI Sesame Street #7 count :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIPvKk1ZWsg

TDog
07-11-2010, 02:17 AM
I totally missed tonight's game. I've missed everything since the first win against the Angels, although I have caught the scores. I have business in Las Vegas. And I HATE Las Vegas.

Nonetheless, in my window of Internet access, I can see that the White Sox are continuing to play great baseball with great starting pitching.

This is a very good White Sox team. Even when people were insisting this was a bad team, I was arguing this was an underachieving team, having seen enough White Sox baseball to tell the difference.

People who can see the games should be having more fun than is apparent from the postings I read on this board.

harwar
07-11-2010, 05:35 AM
I can't say enough about Gavin Floyd .. this is the guy that i thought might win 20 this year .. can he, Johnny, Mark and Freddy carry the load? .. i think so .. it does my heart good to see Carlos Quentin hitting the ball like he is and Beckham has been squaring up the ball lately, although he isn't spraying it to all fields like he did parts of last year, but i think that will come and that he will have a big 2nd half .. i think these winning streaks came along so that we could get back in the race .. now just take one series at a time and win that series, then move on .. take no prisoners ..

whitesox4eva
07-11-2010, 05:48 AM
I can't say enough about Gavin Floyd .. this is the guy that i thought might win 20 this year .. can he, Johnny, Mark and Freddy carry the load? .. i think so .. it does my heart good to see Carlos Quentin hitting the ball like he is and Beckham has been squaring up the ball lately, although he isn't spraying it to all fields like he did parts of last year, but i think that will come and that he will have a big 2nd half .. i think these winning streaks came along so that we could get back in the race .. now just take one series at a time and win that series, then move on .. take no prisoners ..

And what happens if Hudson comes up and dominates. :o: Hear me out, last year when he came up he made two starts, one against the tigers, and one against the twins. Both were in september so both of those teams were in the playoff hunt and playing good baseball. He didn't do the best job containing the walks (Detroit game: 6 IP 5 BBs and Twins game 5 IP 4 BBs) but he did do a good job limiting the damage. In 6 IP in the Tigers game he gave up only 2 earned runs, and in 5 innings in the twins game he only gave up 1 earned run, but a total of 3 because of an error.

Now we would obviously want him to go at least 6 innings every time out, which he is capable of doing, and he would want to reduce his walks. But with more starts in the Minors since then he has had more time to work on his stuff, and should have gotten better. If he did and can come up and duplicate or do better than he did in 2009 over half a season (and beyond hopefully) I believe we will be in great shape, if as you brought up all of our other starters hold but, which I believe they will. Lets have a great second half. :bandance::bandance:

hawkjt
07-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Carlos is resembling the Carlos of 2008. If he had a second half like his first half of 2008,he could carry us for stretches. We need to keep him healthy.
Gavin escaped that first inning jam and that was it for him. Baseball is such a subtle game, I really do not see much difference in how he is throwing the last 8 games,cept no one can hit him now...crazy,but I love it!
Gordo's bat is so quick, you just know that when it clicks in,he will be a productive hitter, with extra basehits. Nice defense also.
There is a lot to like about this team with the young guys like Alexei,Carlos,Gordo,Dayan,Bridge,Johnny Danks,Gavin and Sergio all chipping in right now like we all hoped. And with some of the more likable vets like PK,Burls,Freddie,Bobby,JJ,Matt,Omar,Juan,Andruw,Ko ts,and Alex...this is a team that is easy to embrace. Don't stop now,boys!

Now,that said, with Jake gone, there is a change'a'coming...Daniel Hudson is the first guy to start a game this season who was not in our starting rotation at the beginning of the year. Nice run for that fearsome fivesome,but will this mess with our mojo? C'mon Daniel....do not let us down....hey offense....go get Greinke today like you did in the 7th last time.