PDA

View Full Version : Who Goes When Teahen Comes off the DL?

TomBradley72
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
When Teahen comes of the DL who should he replace on the roster?

I voted Kotsay, he and Teahen are nearly the same player, LH hitter, play alot of positions. Between Teahen's contract,
and the fact that he can play so many positions, Kotsay goes.

Pablo_Honey
07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Kotsay or Jones.

It's probably going to be either Lillibridge or Beckham depending on their performances.

BRDSR
07-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Voted Beckham...obviously not as a long-term fix, but there's not another obvious answer, and I really think Beckham would benefit from playing every day and getting a chance to work on his mechanics down at AAA. He should have plenty of options, and I really don't see a downside to that decision given that he's only playing 1, 2, or maybe 3 games a week right now and not contributing much when he does.

Releasing Teahen is tempting, but the contract just makes it infeasible.

CHISOXFAN13
07-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Kotsay or Jones.

It's probably going to be either Lillibridge or Beckham depending on their performances.

Why would you deep pink Jones? Guy is making peanuts and his bat seems to be seeming up. That and he plays stellar defense.

Silliness.

doublem23
07-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Why would you deep pink Jones? Guy is making peanuts and his bat seems to be seeming up. That and he plays stellar defense.

Silliness.

Jones is dead ****ing weight. He's not making anything so it should be easy to swallow what's left on his deal.

Pablo_Honey
07-10-2010, 12:24 PM

Silliness.
Meh, either one of them being gone means more playing time for Viciedo which is better for this team. Andruw's been horrendous the last two months. I just can't trust his recently awakened bat to hold up down the stretch. Viciedo also bats right handed, so keeping Kotsay, who bats left, can make sense considering who our manager is. Doesn't mean I wanna see Kotsay on this team though. If possible, I wanna see both of them gone.

VMSNS
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Silliness.

Plus, he's our only 4th OF. If we release him, we'll just have to bring up De Aza. Jones has been swinging the bat pretty well lately, and I think it's because he's getting regular at bats for the first time in a while.

Kenny should man up to his mistake and do everything in his power to trade Teahen, even if it involves eating some salary. Realistically, however, that probably won't happen. Send Beckham back down to find his swing again.

sox1970
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm not saying it's right, but I don't think Beckham is getting sent down. If they were going to do it, it would have been done long ago. I think they're just going to ride it out, and if it's a lost season offensively, then they'll just sit him once in a while. His defense has been good, and Lillibridge has thrown a few away already. I think Lillibridge just goes back down, and he'll be back in September.

WhiteSox5187
07-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Jones is dead ****ing weight. He's not making anything so it should be easy to swallow what's left on his deal.

The only thing that Jones has going for him is he can play the OF and can play it fairly well. Kotsay is just a left handed bat who will occasionally play first, which Viciedo can do too.

Balfanman
07-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Plus, he's our only 4th OF. If we release him, we'll just have to bring up De Aza. Jones has been swinging the bat pretty well lately, and I think it's because he's getting regular at bats for the first time in a while.

Kenny should man up to his mistake and do everything in his power to trade Teahen, even if it involves eating some salary. Realistically, however, that probably won't happen. Send Beckham back down to find his swing again.

I believe that Lillibridge plays the outfield. Don't know how well, probably better than he plays the infield. Kotsay and Teahen can play the outfield in a pinch as well.

Domeshot17
07-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Kotsay, he provides nothing of value. Teahen is a more flexible LH bat off the bench and cutting Andruw means Kotsay in CF on days when Rios sits.

Hitmen77
07-10-2010, 01:58 PM
When is Teahen expected to be back from the DL?

Rdy2PlayBall
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope Beckham... he needs a break.

getonbckthr
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I wonder if the Cubs would do Teahen and Linebrink for Zambrano and cash???

JB98
07-10-2010, 02:20 PM
It will be either Lillibridge or Beckham. I vote Lillibridge.

kittle42
07-10-2010, 02:37 PM

In fantasyland.

NLaloosh
07-10-2010, 02:50 PM
You don't dump veterans in the heat of a penant race. They're not dumping Kotsay. Guillen loves him and he's their best pinch hitter by far.

If Jones hits at all he stays.

It's between Beckham, Viciedo and Lillibridge and I wouldn't be surprised if Lillibridge stays.

BNLSox
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Something to be said for our pitching performing significantly better while Mark Teahen has been injured. I'm not sure he belongs on the team, at least not at 3rd.

TomBradley72
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Ozzie wants a balanced/flexible bench:

Vizquel/Teahen- LH/RH options off the bench for the infield
Jones/Teahen- LH/RH options off the bench for the outfield
Lillibridge- can play both OF an IF, plus late inning pinch runner

I don't think we have enough at bats for the 2 very similar players- Kotsay and Teahen. I think he likes Jones as insurance in case "Crash" Quentin gets injured or needs to DH. Lillibridge's defensive lapses keep Beckham on the team.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Hate to say it but Beckham. Send him down. Put Viciedo at 3B let Lillibridge and Vizquel platoon at 2B.

Coops4Aces
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Who knows? Injuries happen and we also don't know how everyone will be performing. Beckham looked good last night.

Crestani
07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I hope Beckham... he needs a break.

x2.

NLaloosh
07-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Who knows? Injuries happen and we also don't know how everyone will be performing. Beckham looked good last night.

He doesn't look any better now than he has all year. He still looks scared up at the plate. Last year, he looked looked like he was ready to tear the pitcher a new ******* every time stepped to the plate.

Rikirk
07-10-2010, 09:15 PM

NO!!!!

Keep that loudmouth, ill tempered Wombat as far from this team as possible.

Zambrano=Live Grenade

russ99
07-10-2010, 09:18 PM
My guess is it will be between Viciedo and Lillibridge.

If the Sox think it would be better for him to play every day, then Viciedo's the guy.

This won't happen soon, since Teahen will need a rehab assignment. I'm thinking the change would be right before the west coast trip, at the soonest.

Despite wishful thinking by some fans, Kotsay/Jones won't go anywhere until we acquire another bat, and even then Lillibridge would be first to be sent down.

russ99
07-10-2010, 09:21 PM

OK, I'll bite. What's in it for the Cubs? They aren't saving much payroll with that move, and I can't see anybody being stupid enough to take Linebrink no matter what garbage comes back to us.

DonnieDarko
07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
The Cubs just need to get rid of him. Kinda what they SHOULD have done with Bradley last year.

Rdy2PlayBall
07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
OK, I'll bite. What's in it for the Cubs? They aren't saving much payroll with that move, and I can't see anybody being stupid enough to take Linebrink no matter what garbage comes back to us.Linebrink will probably win the Cy Young in the NL for not giving up a run all season... that's what happens when our garbage goes there.

WSox597
07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I voted Teahen, he doesn't do anything really well, except hit against the White Sox.

Great idea, there, KW, giving him a multi-year extension.

thomas35forever
07-10-2010, 09:41 PM
We've played well since Teahen left. I voted him even though that's not going to happen.

Mingo
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Minority Report - I suspect Veciedo goes back to the minors - he's got options and it is easy to send him down and bring him up. If Teahan doesn't start a new life after the DL - Veceido can come up and he would have already had his breakin period while enough at bats to stay sharpe. Plus they can have him play 3rd more to sharpen him.

Beckham - already looks to be coming out of his hitting troubles and plays a much stronger 2nd base.

Lillibridge - I think Ozzie likes his speed and batting of late and will keep him for situations.

Kotsay - perfect teamate - Ozzie favorite - he stays. Plays good defense - has been hitting the ball well, but at people.

slavko
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
By the way he has found the bench again, I'm guessing Lillibridge. Hope not, I like the kid.

johnnyg83
07-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Teahan could replace Kotsay pretty seemlessly as he can play OF and 1b and be a LH PH. Not that either have pkayed OF this year, but in a pinch.

october23sp
07-11-2010, 03:11 AM
Who the hell is Teahen?

Sam Spade
07-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Minority Report - I suspect Veciedo goes back to the minors - he's got options and it is easy to send him down and bring him up. If Teahan doesn't start a new life after the DL - Veceido can come up and he would have already had his breakin period while enough at bats to stay sharpe. Plus they can have him play 3rd more to sharpen him.

Beckham - already looks to be coming out of his hitting troubles and plays a much stronger 2nd base.

Lillibridge - I think Ozzie likes his speed and batting of late and will keep him for situations.

Kotsay - perfect teamate - Ozzie favorite - he stays. Plays good defense - has been hitting the ball well, but at people.

Agreed on all points, but its DayŠn Viciedo.

Also, someone would take Teahen in a trade or off of waivers, imo. He wouldn't be released.

Mohoney
07-11-2010, 04:39 AM

Silliness.

Andruw Jones is hitting under .200. His time being an MLB-caliber player is done.

Mohoney
07-11-2010, 04:49 AM
The FIRST guy to go should be Scott Linebrink, but he should have been the first guy to go for 2 years now.

I'm starting to think that he needs to rob a liquor store or something to get off this roster. The powers that be just REFUSE to give up on the illusion of mid-decade Scott Linebrink, and they do so to the detriment of the team.

Scott Linebrink is red-faced and bad. PLEASE make him go away! We can go with 11 pitchers.

Mingo
07-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Agreed on all points, but its DayŠn Viciedo.

Also, someone would take Teahen in a trade or off of waivers, imo. He wouldn't be released.

LOL - thanks Sam - that's how I learn.

kufram
07-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Beckham isn't going anywhere but up. He would have gone if he was going in my opinion. We are where we are and I don't think they will break up a future and functioning infield

Viciedo looks like a stayer. Isn't overawed. Weak defensively but looks like a DH choice possibly and will learn from Omar like everybody else is.

Lillibridge is improving and made the decision more difficult. Would have been him automatically based on last year. Big speed but we aren't really lacking that. Still, been good for us lately.

Jones. Too valuable for the money. Great defense. I suspect he has one more race in him and will hit big for us at times. Great veteran to have around in a race/post season

Kotsay or Teahen is what you have left and, although Kotsay can only do better the rest of the year and I think he's a good vet with a part to play if kept, but Teahen brings more than his contract.

Kotsay could be the man to go.

dickallen15
07-11-2010, 09:14 AM
They should keep Teahen on the DL until someone else gets hurt. They were 22-28 when he was injured and 26-10 since he's been away. He apparently isn't an important piece of the puzzle.

hawkjt
07-11-2010, 09:18 AM
It will be Lillibridge or Viciedo...whoever performs the least over the next few weeks before decision time. I love Dayan's game so far,so it is hard to send him away,but Bridge has been hot also. Great dilemma to have,I guess.

Red Barchetta
07-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Who the hell is Teahen?

He's the guy that was playing for the Sox before they started winning. :D:

I agree, I'm a karma guy. What's their record since he went down?

Milw
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
The FIRST guy to go should be Scott Linebrink, but he should have been the first guy to go for 2 years now.

I'm starting to think that he needs to rob a liquor store or something to get off this roster. The powers that be just REFUSE to give up on the illusion of mid-decade Scott Linebrink, and they do so to the detriment of the team.

Scott Linebrink is red-faced and bad. PLEASE make him go away! We can go with 11 pitchers.
At this point, Linebrink is an innings eater. He hasn't pitched in a meaningful situation in weeks, and he won't again unless we're out of pitchers in a long extra-inning game or something. So while he's not helping the team, he's also not hurting it, aside from taking up a roster spot. They could go with 11 pitchers for a little while, but that's not a viable roster makeup for more than a couple weeks, based on how Ozzie likes to use his bullpen. So Linebrink stays by default as a woefully overpaid but largely harmless fringe player.

Kotsay needs to go. Teahen can do everything Kotsay can do and then some, and Teahen's contract makes him far less expendable than Kotsay. They're redundant players, and not very good ones at that.

TomBradley72
07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Kotsay needs to go. Teahen can do everything Kotsay can do and then some, and Teahen's contract makes him far less expendable than Kotsay. They're redundant players, and not very good ones at that.

It's a shame KW signed Teahen to the 3 year deal...for 2010, I'd prefer Kotsay, he's hit .283 over the last month.

twinsuck
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Can't he just break his finger again or something?? We don't need that guy.

BadBobbyJenks
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Pretty easy. Littlebridge will go.

Kotsay is a lefty and the back up 1B.

Jones is fine for a 4th outfielder.

Really like what I see from the Pimp so far. (what was the distance on that bomb today?)

Beckham looks to be turning it on.

Tragg
07-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Really like what I see from the Pimp so far. (what was the distance on that bomb today?)

Who the heck is the Pimp?
The Pimp. LOL

sox1970
07-11-2010, 08:18 PM
It's a shame KW signed Teahen to the 3 year deal...for 2010, I'd prefer Kotsay, he's hit .283 over the last month.

If he didn't have a 3-yr contract, he'd be the guy to go. Another team would have taken him on if he didn't have the contract. I hope Kenny can find a team to take him. Maybe they'd eat a few million in the name of keeping the chemistry going. If he comes back, and they start losing, that would really suck.

tstrike2000
07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Send Teahen down.

BadBobbyJenks
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Who the heck is the Pimp?
The Pimp. LOL

Dayan, Ozzie named him that when he showed up to Spring Training in a hummer.

mcsoxfan
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I voted Teahen, he doesn't do anything really well, except hit against the White Sox.

Great idea, there, KW, giving him a multi-year extension.

The White Sox run began their historic run with his move to the disabled list. Why on earth would they want to tempt fate? Package him for anything they can get. It was a terrible trade to begin with.