PDA

View Full Version : Hawk

doublem23
06-23-2002, 01:29 PM
You can just hear how disgusted he is in his voice.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
You can just hear how disgusted he is in his voice.

yeah, he's pretty pissed. Then again, so are all of us these days.

Jerry_Manuel
06-23-2002, 01:48 PM
I've been watching the TBS broadcast of the games. I always find it interesting to hear what other people think of the team.

CerberusWG
06-23-2002, 02:01 PM
The TBS announcers are so much better than hawk and DJ.

They aren't going absolutely insane when their team scores ala Chimp Carey.

They also show the little thigns that happen, which is causing us to lose.

ode to veeck
06-23-2002, 03:10 PM

Anybody's better than Hawk and DJ

oldcomiskey
06-23-2002, 04:03 PM
oh please---all you get out of Skip is giggling from his old stale jokes--at least hawk has played the game before

RedPinStripes
06-23-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

They aren't going absolutely insane when their team scores ala Chimp Carey.

They also show the little thigns that happen, which is causing us to lose.

And what's wrong with Fans of a team announcing a game going nuts? We got ralphy!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/jbchunks.JPG

RKMeibalane
06-23-2002, 04:51 PM
"Hawk" has every reason to feel bad about the way things have gone over the past 6-8 weeks. He has been associated with the Sox since the mid-80's. He has seen the good times and high points the White Sox have had over the past decade- 1993, '94, 2000, and it must be terribly dissapointing for him to have to sit through this garbage.

Ken Harrelson is one of the most loyal Sox fans I've come across. A lot of broadcasters and analysts root for the team they do PBP work for in order to please their employer, but Hawk clearly enjoys following the Sox and getting the chance to see them play every day.

On a side note, this Cubs fan I know told me that several of his friends suspect that Chimp Caray isn't really a Cubs fan. They honestly believe, because of certain things he has said, that he is actually a Cardinals fan.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
"Hawk" has every reason to feel bad about the way things have gone over the past 6-8 weeks. He has been associated with the Sox since the mid-80's. He has seen the good times and high points the White Sox have had over the past decade- 1993, '94, 2000, and it must be terribly dissapointing for him to have to sit through this garbage.

Ken Harrelson is one of the most loyal Sox fans I've come across. A lot of broadcasters and analysts root for the team they do PBP work for in order to please their employer, but Hawk clearly enjoys following the Sox and getting the chance to see them play every day.

On a side note, this Cubs fan I know told me that several of his friends suspect that Chimp Caray isn't really a Cubs fan. They honestly believe, because of certain things he has said, that he is actually a Cardinals fan.

LOL

imagine that, a flubbs fan with no loyalty

Nellie_Fox
06-24-2002, 02:21 AM
TBS announcers better? These guys put me to sleep. Hey Skip, the monotone drone doesn't work.

capn12
06-24-2002, 02:36 AM
anything is better than hearing "I love e-mail." or "He just missed that one." Don't get me wrong, I love Hawk and DJ< but even these 2 aren't making it any easier to watch this team play!!

ISUSoxfan
06-24-2002, 05:51 AM
Hawk is the greatest baseball announcer I've ever heard. Anyone else remember how boring the commentary was before he came back to the booth? WGN wouldn't even put him on his first year back because Cub fans find him offensive. The SportsChannel broadcasts were much more exciting than the WGN games that year.

Bad announcing runs in the Carry family. I love when they show Braves highlights on SportCenter and they do the Skip Carry voice. Watching games on TBS is like watching golf. Even the announcers themselves keep talking about how they can't wait for the game to be over. Chimp isn't as bad. He doesn't know much about baseball, but at least he has some funny lines every once in a while.

MarkEdward
06-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan
Hawk is the greatest baseball announcer I've ever heard.

You have to listen to a Vin Scully broadcast. Not only is his voice great, but he also makes many interesting points about the ballplayers. He is a real joy to listen to.

MLB Extra Innings is awesome.

sox_fan_forever
06-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
MLB Extra Innings is awesome.

I agree! :smile:

FarmerAndy
06-24-2002, 03:02 PM
Hawk is boring. He's way too predictable. Anybody who's watched alot of games already knows what he's gonna say before he says it. I always prefer to mute the TV and listen to John and Ed on the radio.

I hate to say it, but I don't think Chip is all that bad. I don't think he's that great either, but he has a decent broadcasting voice and he's not afraid to call the Cubs out when they are playing like crap.

I never made it point to watch Cubs games, but now I love it when Joe Carter is in the booth. That guy is such a moron that it's actually hilarious to listen to. He uses alot of words without knowing what they mean. It's a laugh riot.

ISUSoxfan
06-24-2002, 06:06 PM
Ed Farmer is the worst announcer I've ever heard. He has an annoying voice, and I can't stand him. He tells boring stories and will never give the damn score of the game. How the heck does he keep his job?