PDA

View Full Version : *Official*' Bruce Takes One On The Chen' 7-9 KC vs White Sox Postgame Thread

soxinem1
07-09-2010, 10:48 PM
A great night at The Cell, outstanding efforts by Buehrle , AJ, and Andruw.

And MIN knocked out of their game early..... YES!!!!

Wondering why Yost hooked Chen so fast.... Unless something was wrong with him, he wasn't exactly getting rocked.

KnightSox
I love good pitching, hitting and defense.

GoGoCrede
Six in a row! :bandance::bandance::bandance:

What can be said about this team that has not already been said? I love our guys.

NDSox12
07-09-2010, 10:50 PM
This pitching staff is fun to watch. Another great outing from Buehrle!

Rdy2PlayBall
07-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Haha, nice title!

Great game! Great time to make a debut, and not waste an actually member of our pen, too bad it didn't go well.
:bandance:

Hitmen77
07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Let's keep rolling to the Break and beyond guys.

It looks like Andruw's bat is coming back from the dead..

I was wondering why Chen was pulled so early too.

Rikirk
07-09-2010, 10:53 PM
To the guy who comes up with the thread titles...
lol
You should go on the stage...
And its leaving in 10 minutes..
"Rimshot"

Seriously...great game and great thread title.

harwar
i love Mark Buehrle .. i love Paul Konerko .. i love this team .. just keep rolling .. and that thread title made me laugh

spongyfungy
Strom

voodoochile
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I said last Sunday that if the Sox would just win both series they'd be at least 7 games over at the break and I think all of would be just fine with that. Heck, I think all of us would have been fine with it if someone had offered it as an option in March. Having come from where they were in early June, it would look even nicer. Suddenly it would be a disappointment and that's way cool...

Nice job by Mark. Nice job by AJ. Nice job ty Paulie. I'll even give an attaboy to Jeff because even though he cost the shutout, he gave the back end of the bullpen another day of rest and that's way more important.

What a crazy fun way to end the first half...

:soxwin:

:)

badgerboy1848
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I love it when we win, and the twins don't.

:bandance::gulp::bandance:

ChicagoG19
07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I am loving this team right now. Let's keep the train rolling guys. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

october23sp
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
I remember when 6 game winning streaks were actually long.

voodoochile
07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I remember when 6 game winning streaks were actually long.

They still are. Maybe a bit mundane, but still quite acceptably long. Not as long as 7 or even 8 mind you...

Tragg
07-09-2010, 11:00 PM
The Twins are 3 game behind us on the loss column. My goodness.

pythons007
07-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Morneau can suck it

Navarro's Talent
07-09-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm loving this team. :D:

Saracen
07-09-2010, 11:11 PM
This team is clicking on all cylinders.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

NDSox12
07-09-2010, 11:12 PM

Yes. Exactly one month ago, we were 9 1/2 games behind them. Now we are 2 1/2 ahead. That is a 12 game swing!

Boondock Saint
07-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Morneau can suck it

Yes, but that's completely independent of our proximity to the Twins in the standings. Morneau can always suck it.

WhiteSox5187
07-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I wonder why Chen was pulled so quick. Don't stop now.

Zisk77
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I wonder why Chen was pulled so quick. Don't stop now.

I wondered that myself. I think it might be because we were hitting him hard and he knew that we rocked him in the past. And since the all-star break is almost upon us he was not worried about wearing out the pen (especially with the previous 2 starters being avaialable for bullpen work as well).

TheOldRoman
07-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Morneau can suck it:thumbsup:

Yes, but that's completely independent of our proximity to the Twins in the standings. Morneau can always suck it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great win tonight, boys. Let's take the series tomorrow.

johnnyg83
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Love it. Talk Radio here saying Royals had a chance to sweep.

Apparently Chen was recovering from strep throat.

skobabe8
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Morneau can suck it

Can Mauer 'suck it' too?

BlackandWhiteSox
07-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Another great win, I wish Marquez would have had a better outing but it's ok he gave our bullpen rest. This team resembles the '05 squad a lot, I'm loving it. 6-game winning streak! Can we make it 7? I think we can :bandance:

Hegewisch
07-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Glad to see this win against the "pain in the ass" Royals who have been annoying to us as the Indians this season.

:)

Coops4Aces
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Can Mauer 'suck it' too?

Absolutely.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Minny take 1 of the next 2 and have our boys on top at the break :gulp:

JB98
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Hopefully, a game like tonight will get Pierzynski going. The bottom half of the Sox lineup would look a lot stronger if he starts hitting to his career norms.

Buehrle has been good his last six or seven starts. 5-1 in his last six decisions.

october23sp
07-10-2010, 12:04 AM
9 Games over .500 season high watermark.

Tragg
07-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Santos has done a real good job this year too.

thomas35forever
07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
We're on fire and the Twins are reeling. I love it.

LongLiveFisk
07-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Love it. Talk Radio here saying Royals had a chance to sweep.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nelfox02
07-10-2010, 12:31 AM
anyone else shudder when that ball hit Burly-mon? Thankfully it just inspired him to go out and kick absolute butt tonight----against a very solid offense.

Another solid performance by the offense---quality at bats again---even Bacon was okay, barely missed an RBI double and eventually did get one down that left field line

just an all aroudn solid win----before this series started you looked at Saturday's game as the best match up for us on paper, lets put an exclamation point on a truly remarkable first half turn around and get another series win tomorrow

Nelfox02
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM

as do I, but I will admit I will cheer for them to win tomorrow----would rather not see D Town sweep them give the Twins 1 win in this series D-Town is playing with some mojo to now, not quite our mojo, but mojo....

LongLiveFisk
07-10-2010, 12:35 AM
anyone else shudder when that ball hit Burly-mon? Thankfully it just inspired him to go out and kick absolute butt tonight----against a very solid offense.

Just for a moment. Mark is a tough guy. Plus that was not his throwing hand, thank God.

soxinem1
07-10-2010, 01:01 AM

I sure did.

When it happened one of the beer vendors walking up the steps by us in 113 said 'You can cancel the season if Buehrle gets hurt'.

Much like the initailly though-to-be severely hurt Buehrle in ST a few years ago, I was happy to have my fears alleviated.

BigHurt3515
07-10-2010, 01:35 AM
6!
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance:

whitesox4eva
07-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Was at the game today....awesome game. Something happened that I never saw before, we got a foul ball up where I was sitting. I didn't catch it but it was like 3 seats away...I was kinda shocked at how fast it was coming up the person who caught it didn't so really catch it, more like she got hit by it. Heard it slap the skin...she was fine though.

Lets make it 7 in a row tomorrow :D:

hawkjt
07-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Burls is ok...said they did not even take x-rays...whew!
Nice job by Andruw tonite. If he starts hitting again, it makes for a tough decision when Teahen comes back.
Dayan is hitting also, so he is making his case.
Gordo had some nice swings tonite...big.
PK is having a magical season...his best for consistent excellence.
Alex is just a pleasure to watch at the plate and in the field.
And AJ seems to like Chen...strange as AJ has struggled vs lefties and righties...hope this gets him going.

I had a thought in the post-game watching Frank. Frank had a big June in 2005 with 19 rbis..but got hurt...and had to watch us win the title...maybe Jake is this years Frank? Hope so.

Nellie_Fox
07-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Nice job by Andruw tonite. If he starts hitting again, it makes for a tough decision when Teahen comes back.Regardless of how Jones is going when Teahen comes back, there's no tough decision. Grab some bench. He brings nothing to the starting lineup that would cause any tough decision IMHO.

DonnieDarko
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Use Teahen as a super sub, maybe as a pinch hitter? I can't really see any other use for him at the moment.

LITTLE NELL
07-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Use Teahen as a super sub, maybe as a pinch hitter? I can't really see any other use for him at the moment.

Teahen was starting to hit some line drives in the gaps when he got hurt, I think if we don't make a trade for a lefty bat we should go with him as the DH in the 2nd half. Beckham or Lillibridge could be the odd man out if KW decides to keep Jones as a DH when there is a tough lefty on the mound.

harwar
07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Burls is ok...said they did not even take x-rays...whew!
Nice job by Andruw tonite. If he starts hitting again, it makes for a tough decision when Teahen comes back.
Dayan is hitting also, so he is making his case.
Gordo had some nice swings tonite...big.
PK is having a magical season...his best for consistent excellence.
Alex is just a pleasure to watch at the plate and in the field.
And AJ seems to like Chen...strange as AJ has struggled vs lefties and righties...hope this gets him going.

I had a thought in the post-game watching Frank. Frank had a big June in 2005 with 19 rbis..but got hurt...and had to watch us win the title...maybe Jake is this years Frank? Hope so.

yea, i mean just what the hell is going on here anyway .. EVERYONE seems to be hitting right now :smile: .. also, i can't even imagine what a guy like Jake Peavy must be going through right now .. we finally become the team we were supposed to be and he would be a big part of a playoff run and he goes down like that :(:

soxfanreggie
07-10-2010, 07:36 AM

That is a great feeling. We got dealt real bad news about Peavy, and we didn't let that impact us tonight. We're going to have to hope a youngster like Hudson can step up, unless we can go out and get a rent-a-pitcher for the rest of the season. Hopefully we can find a good internal option so we can use any trade bait to get that lefty bat we need.

Great game by AJ tonight! I loved seeing him go yard twice - maybe he can do that against his old team when we come back from the AS break.

Hitmen77
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Regardless of how Jones is going when Teahen comes back, there's no tough decision. Grab some bench. He brings nothing to the starting lineup that would cause any tough decision IMHO.

I wonder who is the odd man out for a roster spot if Jones and Lillibridge are still hitting well when Teahen returns.

GoGoCrede
07-10-2010, 12:20 PM
That is a great feeling. We got dealt real bad news about Peavy, and we didn't let that impact us tonight. We're going to have to hope a youngster like Hudson can step up, unless we can go out and get a rent-a-pitcher for the rest of the season. Hopefully we can find a good internal option so we can use any trade bait to get that lefty bat we need.

Great game by AJ tonight! I loved seeing him go yard twice - maybe he can do that against his old team when we come back from the AS break.

This is one of the best things about this team. Dare I say it? This team has become mentally strong.