PDA

View Full Version : What is with Lillibridge?

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I know he's not in today's lineup, but I am positively surprised with the production we have been getting from Brent Lillibridge in the limited playing time he has had. He seems to be zoned in whenever he is up at the plate. In 21 at bats, he already has 9 runs batted in! That's a pretty impressive AB/RBI ratio!

I just thought Lillibridge deserved a thread of his own...I hope he can keep this up when in the lineup.

soltrain21
07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
He isn't this good - but he was always an okay prospect. Maybe he can turn into a nice utility player when we don't have Omar next year.

DumpJerry
07-08-2010, 02:48 PM
In 21 at bats, he already has 9 runs batted in!
As you may recall, four of those RBIs came on a grand slam.

doublem23
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
He isn't this good - but he was always an okay prospect. Maybe he can turn into a nice utility player when we don't have Omar next year.

Yeah, I am excited that Brent may have figured things out, but... All this is based on 22 plate appearances.

soxinem1
07-08-2010, 02:52 PM
When I first read this I thought it was a reference to throwing away two easy DP throws.

He's over his head right now.

As he was not as bad as he looked in 2009, he's not as good as he has been this year.

So in the middle: .260 - .270.

SephClone89
07-08-2010, 02:55 PM
As you may recall, four of those RBIs came on a grand slam.

Lillibridge has not hit a grand slam this season, mate.

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM

bases loaded triple vs. the royals

DumpJerry
07-08-2010, 03:04 PM
My bad. Three run dinger on June 9th, three run triple June 30th and two run single July 7th. Those three hits account for seven of nine RBIs.

doublem23
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
My bad. Three run dinger on June 9th, three run triple June 30th and two run single July 7th. Those three hits account for seven of nine RBIs.

Well he only has 9 hits this season.

JC456
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Wow the guy hits great for a couple of weeks and that isn't good enough for most on here still complaining about his production. Especially when most of the starters on this team weren't doing anything.

Tough crowd here!

hawkjt
07-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Last nite he had the magic wand with that ducksnort down the right field line to drive in two...but the rest of his knocks have been very solid.

Mingo
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
During successful years guys pop up out of nowhere and make contributions. What are the odds Sergio Santos would be playing like he has?

I agree Lillibridge is playing over his head, but he is playing over his head at just the right time that provides all the fun.

mcg
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
It doesn't seem to be on their website but in today's Daily Herald there was an article about him. He spent the offseason in LA breaking down and rebuilding his swing with Craig Wallenbrock, who is a friend of Walker.

I guess it's working so far. I hope he keeps it up and can be a useful utility guy.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Yes, the sample size is small, but I think he's finally figured out how to play and take advantage of his skills. He won't hit for a high average if he plays every day, but he can be a very good utility infielder and he has speed.

I would hope he proves to be a much better version of Getz and one who can stick around in that role for awhile. Heck,with the way he's playing, he'll supplant Beckham at 2B till he cools off.

BadBobbyJenks
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Talk to me in August, but while he is raking keep him in the lineup.

VMSNS
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Lillibridge has been awesome lately. Just by watching him at the dish, he looks like a completely different player than last season. You can tell he's been putting the work in. I'm glad he's having success and I hope it continues for him. He's so damn fast that as long as he gets on base at an average rate, he's worth having on the roster. Not to mention that he's plays pretty good defense. If he continues to grow and mature in the Sox system, I think he'd be a pretty good option at leadoff once Pierre leaves.

With regard to his airmailing those two throws, I think the kid might just be nervous about being in the bigs. If I recall correctly, both those errors came in save situations during the 9th inning.

Scottiehaswheels
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Tough crowd here!:welcome:

TheVulture
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Tough crowd here!

You got that right.