PDA

View Full Version : Rox Score 9 in Bottom of 9th to Beat Cards 12-9

kevingrt
07-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Is Motte the Cards closer yet???

What a comeback by the Rox!

HomeFish
07-07-2010, 12:37 AM
I remember a game in 2000 against the Yankees. They were down 9-0 in the top of the 9th and scored 8 runs. Ricky Ledee flew out with the bases loaded to end it.

manders_01
07-07-2010, 12:42 AM
I was keeping my eye on the game while out to dinner with friends but it wasn't looking so good when I left the restaurant (9-2). Flip on the TV and it's suddenly 9-7. Serves my Cardinals loving friend right for trash talking this afternoon! :tongue:

theamb
07-07-2010, 12:49 AM
The only thing I can recall is when the Phillies did the same to the Dodgers years ago

I believe it might have been more than 9 runs

palehozenychicty
07-07-2010, 12:49 AM
I wonder if this is a game that gets them hot. They tend to lurk out in the grass, but the pitching has not been consistent outside of Jimenez.

manders_01
07-07-2010, 01:01 AM
I wonder if this is a game that gets them hot. They tend to lurk out in the grass, but the pitching has not been consistent outside of Jimenez.

You speak the truth my friend. But here I thought there was no way we would win on Friday night (Lincecum vs. Chacin) and we had it in the bag on Saturday (Zito vs. Jimenez). They showed me (which was kinda okay since I was at Friday's game :tongue:). De La Rosa comes off the DL and is scheduled to start this Friday. Hoping he can add some consistency to the SP line up.

SBSoxFan
07-08-2010, 02:04 AM
And the Rox score 3 in the 8th to tie and 1 in the 9th to shock St. Louis for the second straight night. Iannetta, a .217 hitter on the season, hit the game-winning home run in each game. This despite the fact that Holliday and Jay, the 4 and 5 hitters in St. Louis' lineup, combined to go 7-10 with 4 RBI's and 5 runs scored. :o:

Oblong
07-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Good thing the Cardinals didn't show up the Rockies by stealing or bunting with a huge lead.

sox1970
07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
After the last two nights, the Cardinals did what any team would do---they signed Mike MacDougal.

eriqjaffe
07-08-2010, 12:11 PM
After the last two nights, the Cardinals did what any team would do---they signed Mike MacDougal.Problem solved!

Viva Medias B's
07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
What is wrong with the Redbirds? You would think they would be good enough to walk away with the NL Central, in spite of Dusty having the Reds where they are.

Tragg
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
These contending teams are starting to blow big late leads. Both the REds and the Rangers did it last night.

What a great job KW did fixing our bullpen BEFORE the season. The price is awfully high trying to buy fixes now.

doublem23
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
These contending teams are starting to blow big late leads. Both the REds and the Rangers did it last night.

What a great job KW did fixing our bullpen BEFORE the season. The price is awfully high trying to buy fixes now.

Yeah, the bullpen KW assembled is amazing. Most teams just kind of try and patch together a bullpen, I do approve that KW seems to target arms to build a pen around. Its' still very hit (Santos, Putz, Jenks) or miss (MacDougal, Linebrink) but overall the strategy seems to be a good one. The signing of JJ Putz this off-season is looking very, very savvy right now. We can pretty much shorten every game to 6 innings now.

GoGoCrede
07-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the bullpen KW assembled is amazing. Most teams just kind of try and patch together a bullpen, I do approve that KW seems to target arms to build a pen around. Its' still very hit (Santos, Putz, Jenks) or miss (MacDougal, Linebrink) but overall the strategy seems to be a good one. The signing of JJ Putz this off-season is looking very, very savvy right now. We can pretty much shorten every game to 6 innings now.

MacDougal is back on the team? :tongue: Say it ain't so.

doublem23
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
MacDougal is back on the team? :tongue: Say it ain't so.

:club: