PDA

View Full Version : Who would want them ?

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 10:23 AM
KW- John I'm thinking of trading.
John- Great, what would you want for Maggs or Konerko or Frank or Garland or Buerhle ?
KW- Ooh, their not available, all the other players are.
John- Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha Click (hanging up)

Except for the above players, this team has nothing to offer. A team in contention, if they lose a starter or need bull pen help, may trade but you'll only get minor leaguers, they'll never trade a starter. A team dumping salary may trade but, JR won't want to increase his expenses either.

This team can still win the weakest div. in baseball, hell, so can Cleveland. If we don't win the div. and go with Harris, Crede, LTP and Hummel it's part 2 of "The kids can play". If they don't live up to their potential it'll be a long time rebuilding unless JR opens the pocket book for free agents.

Laugh of the day, Ray - As I watched Ray,the 2nd best 2nd basemab in the al , play pepper with the Atlanta infield, I thought, we expect to lose this guy because of the $$ he'll be asking for. If Rays numbers continue as they are this year and were last year, he'll be lucky if some gm offers him half of what he's now making.

Let's get on a winning streak NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tragg
06-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Agree, Paul. We have little to trade and have squandered much of what we had to trade - excess minor league pitching - in the relentless pursuit of mediocre veterans to plug some holes.

If nothing else, this team needs more of a mix of some young hungry talent, instead of so many stale veterans that jm and kw seem to love.

But that Garland, Buerhle, Konerko, Ordonez, Frank and Lofton are really the only consistently above average players on this team, is in large measure why we languish below .500 - a record abetted by our division and the excess games against royals and tigers.

OfficerKarkovice
06-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Assuming we try and dump some salary with Durham, and try to trade C Lee we would have to look to deal with a contender trying to add at the deadline. No one is going to take Royce so we are stuck with him until this year when his contract just runs out. Look at the teams in the race tho and what they have now.

NY - Soriano @ 2nd they'd never take Ray.
- Looking for another OF, used to be high on Lee but they're not dumb, I doubt they want him now

SEA - Boone @ 2nd, no need for Ray
- Plenty of OF with Sierra playing well and now Edgar back to DH

ATL - Pleased with Giles @ 2nd I guess, never know tho they could use Ray
- If they were smart they would get another OF and move Chipper back to 3rd, but I doubt Carlos is what they're looking for

NY - Alomar @ 2nd
- Cedeno and Burnitz in the corners

STL - Vina @ 2nd
- Not looking for OF help, Pujols can play there or 3rd

HOU - Mr. Biggio here until he retires
- High on Ward, Hidalgo playing better lately

ARI - Spivey has lock on 2nd
- Too many vets to trade for a guy like Carlos

SF - Kent at 2nd
- I think Left Field is taken

LA - M. Grudzielanek @ 2nd, could use Ray
- Brian Jordan playing above all expectations in LF

*Our options are very limited when it comes to trading these guys, I have a feeling we make just have to let Ray and Choice (Oh No!) walk at the end of the year and see if we can deal Lee over the winter.

MattSharp
06-23-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
SF - Kent at 2nd
- I think Left Field is taken

By who?

Yea Durham and Lee had high stock before not anymore. Durham will still get money somewhere cause he is better than average hitter for a 2B. That is all that will save him.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

By who?

Yea Durham and Lee had high stock before not anymore. Durham will still get money somewhere cause he is better than average hitter for a 2B. That is all that will save him.....

270 or there abouts is above average? Damn.

Paulwny
06-23-2002, 04:07 PM
Ray,the 2nd best 2nd baseman in the al now makes > $4mil. Who will pay a player whose numbers keep going down and is a no brain in the field 2nd baseman more $$? Ray is in for a rude awakening at the end of the season.