PDA

View Full Version : Won SOX tickets from 670 the score

Ron Karkovice
07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I was the 600th texter this morning so I get a pair of tickets to the game vs. the Royals Friday night. I realize that 670 the score gives away Sox tickets all the time, so I am in no way bragging or anything, but it was a pretty cool feeling!

Just wondering if anyone else has won tickets from the station, since I have only given my information so far. I do not know where the seats are located yet. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,
Ronny Karky

chisoxfanatic
07-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I've never won tickets from the station. But, I have won one of those Chevy Drives Chicago contests. I won 4 tickets in the lower deck in section 155.

BadBobbyJenks
07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
When I interned there, the seats they would give to me were in the outfield.

Ron Karkovice
07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
I've never won tickets from the station. But, I have won one of those Chevy Drives Chicago contests. I won 4 tickets in the lower deck in section 155.

Oh nice. Yes, I'm just hoping that these tickets are lower deck. I dont really feel like making the 2 hr drive for upper deck tickets. :redneck

Ron Karkovice
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
When I interned there, the seats they would give to me were in the outfield.

Cool. Seems like that'd be a pretty cool internship. Was it mostly bitch work or did you have a good time?

BadBobbyJenks
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Cool. Seems like that'd be a pretty cool internship. Was it mostly bitch work or did you have a good time?

There was some bitch work, but they let me make some openings for Boers and Bernstein and actually used them.

Ron Karkovice
07-06-2010, 03:52 PM
There was some bitch work, but they let me make some openings for Boers and Bernstein and actually used them.

do you remember any of them?

Love that show. "Brew Dreesee"

BadBobbyJenks
07-06-2010, 04:18 PM
do you remember any of them?

Love that show. "Brew Dreesee"

This is my favorite one from last year after the Hawks and Canucks had their big brawl:

bz37fTgR1uA

Coops4Aces
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I've won tickets before, they were in the nose bleeds

Ron Karkovice
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM

:angry:

Coops4Aces
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
:angry:

Sorry lol

I won best text question or some nonsense and got them

beasly213
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I also won them in the nose bleeds before

kevingrt
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I also won them in the nose bleeds before

I won tickets before from ESPN 1000 when the Sox were back with Willis and company. They were in the nosebleeds. Haven't won anything from the Score though.

kaufsox
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I won a couple of years ago from ESPN 1000, not bad upper deck behind the plate

TheCommander
07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
When the Sox were on AM-1000, I won tickets several times and they were always good seats in the lower bowl, first base side.

LongLiveFisk
07-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Congrats! It's always cool to win stuff. I won some things in my life too (still waiting for the Powerball jackpot though :tongue:)...

anyway enjoy the game! :D:

pearso66
07-06-2010, 09:40 PM
My friend, who's a Cubs fan btw, won 2 for Thursdays game. He is taking me though so it's forgiven. They are section 520 row 10. Not bad seats, but upper deck. You can probably upgrade your tickets to the lower bowl. You'll have to pay something but it will be minus the cost of the upper deck tickets.

beasly213
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
My friend, who's a Cubs fan btw, won 2 for Thursdays game. He is taking me though so it's forgiven. They are section 520 row 10. Not bad seats, but upper deck. You can probably upgrade your tickets to the lower bowl. You'll have to pay something but it will be minus the cost of the upper deck tickets.

They will most likely be season tickets so you can just access the lower level anyway.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I was the 600th texter this morning so I get a pair of tickets to the game vs. the Royals Friday night. I realize that 670 the score gives away Sox tickets all the time, so I am in no way bragging or anything, but it was a pretty cool feeling!

Just wondering if anyone else has won tickets from the station, since I have only given my information so far. I do not know where the seats are located yet. Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,
Ronny Karky

I won tickets last year from a website contest form. I sat in the upper deck, somewhere in rows 4-6, and down the first base line. Not bad tickets.

Hegewisch
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM

I won about 5 weeks ago on the score. They were for a game I didn't have split season tickets for so I was happy until I received them.They were in 500 section so I gave them away.

Ron Karkovice
07-07-2010, 01:00 AM
I won about 5 weeks ago on the score. They were for a game I didn't have split season tickets for so I was happy until I received them.They were in 500 section so I gave them away.

Darn, this is what I was afraid of. I'm in Champaign still finishing up my CPA studies so I really dont want to make the drive to sit in the 500 section. ****. Oh well.

GoGoCrede
07-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Darn, this is what I was afraid of. I'm in Champaign still finishing up my CPA studies so I really dont want to make the drive to sit in the 500 section. ****. Oh well.

It's free tickets, who cares? The 500 level can really be nice when it comes to getting a good view of the entire field. I'd say you're pretty lucky.

edit - ahh, if you're finishing your studies, that's another story. My bad.

Coops4Aces
07-07-2010, 01:04 AM

CPA? Me too. Good luck man.

Ron Karkovice
07-07-2010, 01:06 AM
It's free tickets, who cares? The 500 level can really be nice when it comes to getting a good view of the entire field. I'd say you're pretty lucky.

True True. There are other circumstances I mentioned to which I would only rather miss to lower deck seats. I'll just give them to friends who are closer to the city at the moment.

Ron Karkovice
07-07-2010, 01:07 AM
CPA? Me too. Good luck man.

Thanks a lot. I take my fourth exam next Thursday so I should really be buckling down as opposed to driving 170 miles for upper deck seats. :gulp:

WhiteSoxFTW
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM

What in the hell is so wrong with the 500 section? You are at a Chicago White Sox game...for free. Hell, I like the 500 section. I sit right behind home plate 4th row. Those are way better seats then down either line sitting middle-up. I have a great view of the field, the defensive positioning, the pitches coming in, everything.

Ron Karkovice
07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
What in the hell is so wrong with the 500 section? You are at a Chicago White Sox game...for free. Hell, I like the 500 section. I sit right behind home plate 4th row. Those are way better seats then down either line sitting middle-up. I have a great view of the field, the defensive positioning, the pitches coming in, everything.

Lower section is way better, especially when you can access the lower level concourse. I'm behind in studying for my last CPA exam next Thursday (and they are insanely tough exams), so that is my other excuse for not going to a sox game for upper deck tickets. That is my final answer FTW.

IF THE SCORE WOULD TELL ME i have 4th row tickets upper deck behind home plate, I may consider it. But they won't tell me where they are. Guess I'm not a risk taker in this situation.

bridgeportcopper
07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
c'mon man, don't get defensive, it is what it is. there is a reason they are much cheaper than lower deck tix. 99% of folks when price is thrown out the window would sit in the lower bowl over upper tank. i have sat in the upper deck for numerous big games (2006 banner night, ring day, sox-cubs games) and was happy to be in the park and you do have a nice view, but you are also removed from much that takes place in the lower bowl especially during the nights when we only have 20-24K in the park with a few thousand scattered throughout the upper deck.

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
c'mon man, don't get defensive, it is what it is. there is a reason they are much cheaper than lower deck tix. 99% of folks when price is thrown out the window would sit in the lower bowl over upper tank. i have sat in the upper deck for numerous big games (2006 banner night, ring day, sox-cubs games) and was happy to be in the park and you do have a nice view, but you are also removed from much that takes place in the lower bowl especially during the nights when we only have 20-24K in the park with a few thousand scattered throughout the upper deck.

Ha he got defensive because he sits in the UD a lot. I would feel more inclined to go if I currently lived in the Chicago area.

Brian26
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM

Ha he got defensive because he sits in the UD a lot.

His seats are one row below where my season tickets were a couple of years ago. I'd put those seats up against any seats in the ballpark, minus the amenities of the Scout Section, and I think they're the best kept secret in the ballpark. The first five rows right behind homeplate in the upper deck give you the perfect perspective of the field. If you really want to follow the game, they're great seats. You can see where flyballs are headed immediately off the bat, you get a feel for infield positioning, you can judge the trajectory of linedrives and the curve of sharply hit balls down the line. These are things you can't necessarily see being lower to the field.

If you're worried about being able to walk around the concourse or meet up with friends in the lower level gift shop or getting better food, then the seats obviously might not be for you.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-08-2010, 10:30 PM
The tickets from Putz I got were a few rows behind the bullpen. Very fitting.

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
The tickets from Putz I got were a few rows behind the bullpen. Very fitting.

Can you give me Putz' phone number?

soxlady8
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
I got seats in section 507 row 15 or so in February .
The game was a few weeks ago against the Cubs.
I HATED the crowd up there , however, the sight lines were fabulous.
We also were in the shade and that was a hot day.

I prefer lower bowl , but if I am given or win FREE TICKETS - I am so there!

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Can you give me Putz' phone number?

Wish I could, but I won them for picking his entrance song, lol. I wish I knew him.

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I got seats in section 507 row 15 or so in February .
The game was a few weeks ago against the Cubs.
I HATED the crowd up there , however, the sight lines were fabulous.
We also were in the shade and that was a hot day.

I prefer lower bowl , but if I am given or win FREE TICKETS - I am so there!
I've sat around there (I think I was in 508) for a joke of a game against the Red Sox and hated the seat! I, however, would take free tickets anywhere if I were available...Even at the top of those sections.

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I've sat around there (I think I was in 508) for a joke of a game against the Red Sox and hated the seat! I, however, would take free tickets anywhere if I were available...Even at the top of those sections.

Even if you lived 140ish miles away? And had some other pretty important priorities?

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2010, 11:31 PM

If you can figure out how to get them from rollcall without ID, by all means they are all yours

chisoxfanatic
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
If you can figure out how to get them from rollcall without ID, by all means they are all yours
:rolling:

I know what you meant, but I still couldn't help but chuckle there.

Ron Karkovice
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
:rolling:

I know what you meant, but I still couldn't help but chuckle there.

ha will call woops.

Studying tax law for hours at a time will mess up your other skills!

Whitesox029
07-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Even if you lived 140ish miles away? And had some other pretty important priorities?
If I had free tickets I'd drive up from Champaign. I've driven from Champaign for games when I was paying to sit in the 500 level. Then again, the Sox were just about my only priority at those times, so there you have it.
What I dearly want to know is this: how long after the announcement of the contest did you send in your text to become the 600th texter? I never know whether to wait 30 seconds or 10 minutes.

Ron Karkovice
07-09-2010, 01:34 AM
If I had free tickets I'd drive up from Champaign. I've driven from Champaign for games when I was paying to sit in the 500 level. Then again, the Sox were just about my only priority at those times, so there you have it.
What I dearly want to know is this: how long after the announcement of the contest did you send in your text to become the 600th texter? I never know whether to wait 30 seconds or 10 minutes.

I sent about 10 texts one after the other within 1 minute of them announcing the texting contest. I got 10 responses back and a middle response said winner, we will contact you shortly, etc. It was pretty cool.

Streets
07-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Now I'm curious to know where these seats are.

Any way you can call 'will call' and change the name of the tix?

Anyone ever win tix from 101.9 ?? They've been giving away a bunch on facebook. I wonder where their seats are.

Ron Karkovice
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Now I'm curious to know where these seats are.

Any way you can call 'will call' and change the name of the tix?

Anyone ever win tix from 101.9 ?? They've been giving away a bunch on facebook. I wonder where their seats are.

I'll call will call later today if I can find the number.

twentywontowin
07-09-2010, 11:41 AM

I have a friend who won tickets from Eric & Kathy. If I recall correctly, the tickets were in the 130s somewhere, higher row.

bridgeportcopper
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I have a friend who won tickets from Eric & Kathy. If I recall correctly, the tickets were in the 130s somewhere, higher row.

Oh NO! :angry: Please don't tell me them and their fairweather bunch are onto the White Sox now!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE!!! For years they ridiculed Southsiders, the Sox, the Cell etc. WE DON'T WANT THEM!

doublem23
07-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh NO! :angry: Please don't tell me them and their fairweather bunch are onto the White Sox now!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE!!! For years they ridiculed Southsiders, the Sox, the Cell etc. WE DON'T WANT THEM!

We need to start winning over the soccer moms and flighty fairweathers that tune into dribble like Eric & Kathy, though, if we're going to be consistently competitive. Maybe if some of them actually came to the park, they'd realize that it's actually a nice place to watch a game with modern amenities not located in the middle of a ghetto.

bridgeportcopper
07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
We need to start winning over the soccer moms and flighty fairweathers that tune into dribble like Eric & Kathy, though, if we're going to be consistently competitive. Maybe if some of them actually came to the park, they'd realize that it's actually a nice place to watch a game with modern amenities not located in the middle of a ghetto.

I guess so, they did a great deal for the Hawks popularity. And I know this because I do ocasionally have to listen to that garbage show as I have a female partner who controls the radio 50% of the time.