PDA

View Full Version : Somebody at "Law & Order" likes the Sox

DumpJerry
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm watching the June 22nd episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" on my Tivo right. The detectives are introduced to a prosecutor who then says with a smirk to detectives Stevens "another long suffering Cubs' fan." To which Stevens responds "I roll with the White Sox, actually."

This is set in New York City.

I recall after we won it in 2005, there was a reference made on "L&O" about the Sox winning the WS.

GoGoCrede
07-05-2010, 01:09 PM
I love Sox references! In a similar vein, I was watching Criminal Minds the other day, and one of the clues was a Nellie Fox baseball card. No one else in my family got it. I was so pumped because of the reference, even though the card belonged to a psycho killer. :?:

TDog
07-05-2010, 01:31 PM
I love Sox references! In a similar vein, I was watching Criminal Minds the other day, and one of the clues was a Nellie Fox baseball card. No one else in my family got it. I was so pumped because of the reference, even though the card belonged to a psycho killer. :?:

And I couldn't figure out why they didn't get the connection with John Fowles' 1963 debut novel The Collector when all the non-baseball clues were distinctive aspects of the cover.

I forgot what I was watching, it might have been Law and Order some time ago when there was a reference to the important event of Oct. 26, 2005.

Crede24Thome25
07-05-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm watching the June 22nd episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" on my Tivo right. The detectives are introduced to a prosecutor who then says with a smirk to detectives Stevens "another long suffering Cubs' fan." To which Stevens responds "I roll with the White Sox, actually."

This is set in New York City.

I recall after we won it in 2005, there was a reference made on "L&O" about the Sox winning the WS.

I saw this episode and instantly started cheering, more screaming. I made my entire family watch the scene since they are all cub fans :D:

Crede24Thome25
07-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Thats my favorite episode of Criminal minds.

Paulwny
07-05-2010, 01:43 PM
In an episode of " Hill Street Blues" some of the characters were , Fox, Pierce, Aparicio and Rivera.

manders_01
07-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I just read a book where one of the main characters wore a White Sox hat. Just that little mention and just once, brought a huge smile to my face.

And I couldn't figure out why they didn't get the connection with John Fowles' 1963 debut novel The Collector when all the non-baseball clues were distinctive aspects of the cover.

I forgot what I was watching, it might have been Law and Order some time ago when there was a reference to the important event of Oct. 26, 2005.

I think it was an L&O SVU episode because I remember Elliot saying it.

esbrechtel
07-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I also love little mentions here and there...

In the baggage episode of How I Met Your Mother at the end they show the street filled with people who have baggage. Basically every one is walking through the streets with suitcases with things written on them IE single mother, left at the altar, etc.

anyways one of the suitcases read simply "cubs fan" I laughed my ass off

WhiteSox5187
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
The writers of Law and Order might have some Chicago connections, I recall Jack McCoy frequently had Sox and Bulls paraphernalia in his office and even made a point of mentioning his dad was a cop on the south side I thought.

MarySwiss
07-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Thats my favorite episode of Criminal minds.

Mandy Patinkin is a big Sox fan.

slavko
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
The writers of Law and Order might have some Chicago connections, I recall Jack McCoy frequently had Sox and Bulls paraphernalia in his office and even made a point of mentioning his dad was a cop on the south side I thought.

A close relative of mine played a Huge part (not on screen) in the first several seasons of the show and was born here, but moved to LA when still in grade school. Maybe.....no, I think he's a Dodgers fan.

soxfantim
07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Must be one of the writers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serena_Stevens

Shoeless_Jeff
07-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Criminal Minds is one of my favorite shows and I loved and miss Mandy Patinkin as Jason Gideon.

In that episode "The Collector" Gideon mentions that he and his dad went to almost every Sox game in 1959 and that Nellie Fox was his hero.

I remember another episode Gideon was going over his bucket list and mentioned being able to cross off seeing the White Sox win a WS.

Shemar Moore as Derek Morgan is another Chicago native on the BAU team on Criminal Minds.