PDA

View Full Version : Southpaw visits the White House

HomeFish
07-03-2010, 12:45 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9262271&c_id=cws&topic_id=8878818

doublem23
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Hopefully the rest of the team follow his lead sometime in January.

BRDSR
07-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Hopefully the rest of the team follow his lead sometime in January.

I walk that route at least three times a week, and am glad I didn't see obnoxious display.

Mascots in baseball are bad, and any created in the last ten years are the worst.

hi im skot
07-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I walk that route at least three times a week, and am glad I didn't see obnoxious display.

Mascots in baseball are bad, and any created in the last ten years are the worst.

:rolleyes:

Lighten up.

HomeFish
07-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I remember Southpaw was in the ballpark during those games @ DC.

How often does he travel? Why DC?

BRDSR
07-03-2010, 03:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Lighten up.

No. When I complain about mascots to people in real life, they tell me to lighten up, and that's more embarassing than when you tell me to lighten up. And since I have to complain about baseball mascots somewhere... :)

But seriously, testing the handle of the Secret Service's vehicles? I assume the crew got permission before the shot, but still...can only be described as obnoxious.

34rancher
07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what he is and what happened to Waldo the White Sox Wolf, or even better Ribbie and Roobarb...

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Ummm, Barack Obama lives there.

DumpJerry
07-04-2010, 04:10 PM

This was a Southpaw roadtrip. IIRC, this was a Grinder trip.

Procol Harum
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Southpaw rules--he's big, green/yellow, furry, has big ol' googly eyes, and roots for the White Sox: where do you find better guys than that?

downstairs
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Fair opinion. I know Mike Wilbon (PTI on ESPN) rails on them all the time.

But you gotta realize- its for the kids. I used to love Ribbie and Rhubarb back in the 1980's. I have fonder memories of meeting them than I do meeting Harold Baines, Ozzie Guillen, Dennis Lamp.

Looking back as an adult I think its cool how accessable these stars were. But for me as a kid, it was all about the cute and hilarious mascots.

bunty_doghunter
07-05-2010, 04:55 PM
No. When I complain about mascots to people in real life, they tell me to lighten up, and that's more embarassing than when you tell me to lighten up. And since I have to complain about baseball mascots somewhere... :)

But seriously, testing the handle of the Secret Service's vehicles? I assume the crew got permission before the shot, but still...can only be described as obnoxious.
This.
Did the Secret Service shoot him?