PDA

View Full Version : A Red Sox fan figures out what 'Let's Play Two' REALLY meant

Fenway
07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
On FB earlier today I posted a status update over my interaction with a young boy and his mother at a Boston Starbucks.

The boy was wearing a Flubs hat and he saw my Boston hat and said

"I hope Chicago can win the World Series like Boston did."

I replied "Ummm they did 5 years ago".

Mom gives me the glare of death and I asked where they were from - Northbrook

Well I got some comments from FB friends including some WSI people but my friend Bob may have the post of the month. He said

"I think Mr. Banks wanted to "Play Two" all the time just so they could get their season over as soon as possible."

I have been laughing for 20 minutes.

Woofer
07-01-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm hitting the like button on that one.

asindc
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
On FB earlier today I posted a status update over my interaction with a young boy and his mother at a Boston Starbucks.

Well I got some comments from FB friends including some WSI people but my friend Bob may have the post of the month. He said

"I think Mr. Banks wanted to "Play Two" all the time just so they could get their season over as soon as possible."

I'm asindc, and I approve this post.:D:

geraldfritz
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Nice, that is great. Put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

#1swisher
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM

Unless the kid was in his teens, sorry Fen, I think you look bad here.

Crede24Thome25
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Cub fans are ignorant/obnoxious at birth. Fen just didn't see it with that kid at the time:D:. Age doesn't matter to me as long as it's a cubs fan, it's free game.

DumpJerry
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM

:tiphat:

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
:threadrules:

:bandance:

Brian26
07-14-2010, 09:03 PM

Please. Kudos to Fenway for schooling the Northbrook momma on a Sox world title less than five years ago.

DSpivack
07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Please. Kudos to Fenway for schooling the Northbrook momma on a Sox world title less than five years ago.

No kidding. I work in Deerfield and love this story!

soxfanreggie
07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
That is an awesome comment by Bob!

#1swisher
07-14-2010, 09:56 PM

Kudos to Fenway:scratch: reread his post.

EDIT: His buddy Bob is quite the wit.

slavko
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM

Death stare from a Northbrook mother:Priceless. Once heard a dad there telling his 3 year old son (in 2005) "No, Cubs good. White Sox bad."