PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be in Texas this weekend?

comiskey2000
06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
I love seeing the Sox on the road and am happy to be spending the 4th in Dallas. I will be at the game Saturday and Sunday. Any other WSIers going to be there?

NDSox12
06-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I love seeing the Sox on the road and am happy to be spending the 4th in Dallas. I will be at the game Saturday and Sunday. Any other WSIers going to be there?

I will be there for the Sunday night game. Coincidentally, I'm going to be in Texas for a wedding this weekend, although it is way down in San Antonio. But I'm going to drive up to Arlington on Sunday afternoon so I can catch the finale that night.

TDog
06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
I will be there for the Sunday night game. Coincidentally, I'm going to be in Texas for a wedding this weekend, although it is way down in San Antonio. But I'm going to drive up to Arlington on Sunday afternoon so I can catch the finale that night.

That's a drive of more than four hours on a good day.

I saw the White Sox play in Arlington in 1972. It's really too bad the White Sox have to play in Texas at all, unless they are playing the Astros in October.

GoGoCrede
06-30-2010, 06:41 PM

My mom and stepdad currently live in San Antonio. I like it all right, but the weather is miserable in the summer. Stay cool. And be sure to sightsee if you can; I recommend the Riverwalk.

bridgeportcopper
06-30-2010, 07:01 PM
We aren't gonna have blackout problems for that sunday night game are we? I know the Sox are not the ESPN game and was wondering if they have the same exclusivity as Fox. Can anyone help?

GoGoCrede
06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
We aren't gonna have blackout problems for that sunday night game are we? I know the Sox are not the ESPN game and was wondering if they have the same exclusivity as Fox. Can anyone help?

Can you look ahead on your channel listings to find out?

NDSox12
06-30-2010, 07:13 PM
My mom and stepdad currently live in San Antonio. I like it all right, but the weather is miserable in the summer. Stay cool. And be sure to sightsee if you can; I recommend the Riverwalk.

Thanks for the tips. I've been to San Antonio a couple times before, so I won't be doing much sightseeing this time around. This will be my first mid-summer trip there though. It's been a pretty darn hot month here in DC too, so I think I'm prepared.

I'm expecting a 4-5 hour drive to Arlington on Sunday. With the late start, I should have plenty of time to get there though.

Frater Perdurabo
06-30-2010, 07:15 PM
But I'm going to drive up to Arlington on Sunday afternoon so I can catch the finale that night.

That's a drive of more than four hours on a good day.

It's five hours even if traffic is clear, no stops and pushing the speed limit. Holiday traffic, state troopers and potty breaks will make it more like six. Just want you to be prepared.

I'd like to be at one or more of the games this weekend, but I'll be recovering from some minor surgery and will have to settle for watching them on TV.

Also, bring an umbrella. There's a chance of rain all weekend.

bridgeportcopper
06-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Can you look ahead on your channel listings to find out?

I reckon I could, not near TV though. That thought had just popped into my head and figured I'd ask. Thanks for nothing, and I'm sorry if my keystrokes disturbed you in any way.

GoGoCrede
06-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I reckon I could, not near TV though. That thought had just popped into my head and figured I'd ask. Thanks for nothing, and I'm sorry if my keystrokes disturbed you in any way.

I wasn't trying to come off as rude, I was just offering a suggestion. It's what I usually do when I don't know which game is showing where.

DumpJerry
06-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Sunday's game is on CSN according to CSN's website.

chisoxfanatic
06-30-2010, 07:34 PM
You're right about it being miserable during the summer. I've been to Austin on two occasions during summer for work and was absolutely miserable both times. Thankfully I was able to wear skirts to the conference panels!
There is no blackout, because MLB allows Texas to have night games on Sundays due to their extreme heat during the summer months. Texas always has night games on Sundays during the summer months.

bridgeportcopper
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
I wasn't trying to come off as rude, I was just offering a suggestion. It's what I usually do when I don't know which game is showing where.
ok sorry. just took it wrong way. :redface: sorry

bridgeportcopper
06-30-2010, 09:36 PM
You're right about it being miserable during the summer. I've been to Austin on two occasions during summer for work and was absolutely miserable both times. Thankfully I was able to wear skirts to the conference panels!

There is no blackout, because MLB allows Texas to have night games on Sundays due to their extreme heat during the summer months. Texas always has night games on Sundays during the summer months.

thanks, fanatic

Carneyman14
06-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I'll be there all 3 nights :cool:

comiskey2000
07-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Forecast calls for scattered showers, which I am not unhappy about. That has to be better than constant sun. :cool: