PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Really Ready For a Sox Game After The Tragic News

kevingrt
06-22-2002, 04:12 PM
I have no urge to watch the game or anything. It just seems useless...

Soxheads
06-22-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I have no urge to watch the game or anything. It just seems useless...

I expect a tribute before the game if it is played today, which it most likely will.

RedPinStripes
06-22-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I expect a tribute before the game if it is played today, which it most likely will.

Sox-and-roll will take a moment of silence for Daryl. Not that it gets national exposure, but it's only right.

kevingrt
06-22-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Sox-and-roll will take a moment of silence for Daryl. Not that it gets national exposure, but it's only right.

Nothing else you could do, smart thing

Viva Magglio
06-22-2002, 04:23 PM
I think there will be a moment of silence before tonight's Sox game, but the game will probably take place. Not to minimize the tragedy of Kile's death, but it would take a "bigger tragedy" (if I could call it that) to prompt league-wide cancellations of games (ex. 9/11). Other games are ongoing at the moment in San Diego and Los Angeles.

kevingrt
06-22-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I think there will be a moment of silence before tonight's Sox game, but the game will probably take place. Not to minimize the tragedy of Kile's death, but it would take a "bigger tragedy" (if I could call it that) to prompt league-wide cancellations of games (ex. 9/11). Other games are ongoing at the moment in San Diego and Los Angeles.

BoSox not San Diego

Soxheads
06-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

BoSox not San Diego

He meant there is a game taking place in SD right now.

SOXSINCE'70
06-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Not much sense playing tonight.This is never an easy situation to deal with in baseball.I remember Thurman Munson's death in 1979.Even though I hated the Yankmees (still do),I couldn't help but feel sad.It's a shock.Plain and simple.

RKMeibalane
06-22-2002, 08:01 PM
This has been a difficult week for the St. Louis Cardinals organization, as well as Major League Baseball as a whole. If there's one thing I've learned following professional sports, it is that everyone is part of a special, extended family. When something like this happens, everyone feels the loss.

Darryl Kile was a unique and special person. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, Flynn, as well as his three young children. Darryl was everything any man should be. He conducted himself with a sense of professionalism and pride; he was well-liked and respected by all who knew him. He will most certainly be missed.

TheBigHurt
06-23-2002, 12:19 AM
it just so shocking no one saw this coming. Its very sad for all of baseball. For the Cardinals especially with losing Jack and Kile in a week im rooting for the cardinals in the NL, after all they have been through.