PDA

View Full Version : *Official* A Soria Display Hitting' 6/28 White Sox vs KC Postgame Thread

soxinem1
06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
A Royal pain in the ass, these guys are. They just have our number.

Kotsay absolutely blows!!!! We have the guy on the ropes for once in the 9th, and.... Nothing.

Buehrle deserved better.

KW: GET A HITTER!!!

BadBobbyJenks
06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
On a night Buehrle had nothing, he still limited it to 3 and the offense gives us one.

Time to update the Ol' sig.

Discuss

ilsox7
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Poor effort all the way around. About the only guy to show up tonight was Q.

DirtySox
Sup American League.

LoveYourSuit

Kotsay absolutely blows!!!! We have the guy on the ropes for once in the 9th, and.... Nothing.

Buehrle deserved better.

No he did not.

He is was awful tonight.

october23sp
"We're baaaaaaaaaaaack."

- White Sox hitters

WhiteSox5187
Piss poor display by the ****ing Sox. Disgusting. I never want to see Kotsay get another ****ing at bat while wearing the Sox uniform.

thomas35forever
Welcome back, 2010 White Sox offense. We did not miss you.:angry:

:bandance:Post number 14,000!:bandance:

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, we had our chances. This wasn't Buehrle's night. Wish we could have capitalized on their mistakes. Quentin was good.

Shake it off and move on.

BigHurt3515
Thats what you get when your options are Andruw Jones or Mark Kotsay

kittle42
Welcome back to the AL!!!

JB98
The Royals gave the Sox five outs in the eighth inning. They gave the Sox four outs in the ninth inning. Soria even handed us an extra baserunner by plunking A.J. with a pitch.

The Royals were pleading, down on their knees begging, asking the Sox to take this game away from them.

They refused. Bad loss tonight, guys.

guillensdisciple
06-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Win the next two Sox. Win the next two.

Dibbs
Kotsay never gets a hit when it actually matters. Ozzie will find ways to get this guy in the game at any expense. We need some offense if we want to make a run at the division.

TomParrish79
wow Mark Kotsay....our DH....WHEW!

Lets regroup and win the last two of this series

hi im skot

Word.

LoveYourSuit
Two winnable games by the waste here.

Make that 3 with that last one we lost at Wrigley.

Not sure if to be happy that we take these games all the way to the end or be pissed that we should already be in first place if we had two less liabilities in the line up?

guillensdisciple
Oh, and Ozzie please please please play Viciedo sometime soon.

soxinem1
No he did not.

He is was awful tonight.

Giving up three runs and keeping your team in the game is not awful.

Sure he allowed some runners, but he battled.

Slappy
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Kansas City Royals: "Hey, we tried to help them out, they just wouldn't take it." :dunno:

Sideburns Larew was throwin the smoke out there tonight, though. So, hey. :tiphat:

GoGoCrede

This. It was a bad loss, but it's not the end of the world.

ilsox7

Yep. Gotta win series. Having said that, I wonder if this is how KW envisioned Ozzie using (er, not using) Dayan. Time to see more of him and less of Beckham. I also hope the discussions KW is having about acquiring an ew bat are going well.

WhiteSox5187
The Royals gave the Sox five outs in the eighth inning. They gave the Sox four outs in the ninth inning. Soria even handed us an extra baserunner by plunking A.J. with a pitch.

The Royals were pleading, down on their knees begging, asking the Sox to take this game away from them.

They refused. Bad loss tonight, guys.

And we have to face ****ing Greinke on Wenseday. There is no guarentee that we win this series. We're back in the AL boys, the big boys league. You have to play now.

hi im skot
06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
And we have to face ****ing Greinke on Wenseday. There is no guarentee that we win this series. We're back in the AL boys, the big boys league. You have to play now.

The Sox actually do pretty well against Greinke.

Coops4Aces
Get a real DH Kenny!!! So ****ing pissed! :angry:

Hitmen77
Welcome back to the AL. These Sox look familiar.

Buehrle deserved better.

....and Ozzie still maintains that we don't need another hitter. :mad: Base loaded and one out and we have Kotsay up who almost sure to make an out. It's hard to mount a rally when you keep trotting sure-outs out there.

Frater Perdurabo
Ozzie is both sufficiently arrogant and delusional in his own self-deception to believe that his anti-DH stance's success against NL teams is a "proof of concept."

Ozzie, Walker, Kotsay and Jones all need to go away; their poor coaching and hitting ensures the Sox won't play any more NL teams in 2010.

Foulke You
KC tried to hand it to us. Soria had nothing tonight and we still couldn't tie it up. It seemed like we got about a zillion good pitches to hit during the whole game and did nothing with it. Most frustrating game in a while. Need to shake it off and get to Bannister tomorrow.

Also, is it me or have the Sox left the bases loaded to end a ballgame about a zillion times this year? :?:

GABP
06-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Back to normal I see

Crede24Thome25
Looks like the real White Sox showed up. Boy did I see this coming.

Woofer
I was expecting a win after how great they looked the last couple of weeks. I hope they haven't gotten my hopes up for nothing.

hi im skot
I have a feeling this thread is going to become one of my favorites.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Clearly, we lost because we made Anthony Lerew look like Brett Saberhagen.

BUT

Apparently Ozzie's ninth inning plan with runners on 1st and 2nd and 1 out was:

1) Give one of the two outs away via the bunt

then

2) pinch hit Mark Kotsay

Sweet

hi im skot
Looks the the real White Sox showed up. Boy did I see this coming.

:cleo

LoveYourSuit
Giving up three runs and keeping your team in the game is not awful.

Sure he allowed some runners, but he battled.

He was OK, but not good.

He basically had us chasing 2 runs from the start, not what you want from your starters.

The Sox struggle when they are chasing from behind.

He did save the bullpen at the end, which was great. It looked like he was not going to see the 5th inning with the amount of pitches he threw early.

whitesox4eva
Whats frustrating is Burls didn't have good stuff but kept us in it, and the royals kept trying to give the game away to us but we didn't want it. I swear I have never seen a game with more pop ups. Eh get em tomorrow.

tstrike2000
Well, that sucked. Our hitters must've been mystified by Lerew's pork chops coming down that mound towards them. They gave us two errors late in the game, among numerous other chances that Stone pointed out, and we get two pop-ups with the bases loaded with 1 out in the 9th. Just move forward and start another win streak tomorrow.

Slappy
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
:cleo

:kneeslap:

thomas35forever
Ozzie is both sufficiently arrogant and delusional in his own self-deception to believe that his anti-DH stance's success against NL teams is a "proof of concept."

Ozzie, Walker, Kotsay and Jones all need to go away; their poor coaching and hitting ensures the Sox won't play any more NL teams in 2010.
Two losses in a row and suddenly we're calling for a complete overhaul again? I love this site.

hi im skot

BUT

then

2) pinch hit Mark Kotsay

Sweet

My guess is AJ did that on his own, but obviously I can't say for certain.

ilsox7
I have a feeling this thread is going to become one of my favorites.

Likely. They played poorly. No doubt about that. I hope they make a couple of changes/tweaks. But I am sure people will rant and rave about how the Sox stole their only child tonight.

sodfatherjunior

And the Royals have to face Peavy......

soxinem1

....and Ozzie still maintains that we don't need another hitter. :mad: Base loaded and one out and we have Kotsay up who almost sure to make an out. It's hard to mount a rally when you keep trotting sure-outs out there.

I'd have rather had Thome up in that situation. At least he might hit a sac fly and make it interesting.

This Kotsay bull**** in key AB's just blows, I could care less what his BA is as a PH.

If he played for PIT, SEA, CHC, or WAS he might play once a week.

Here.... He's a key player.....

Carneyman14
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Is there a stat of how many RBI's Konerko Rios and Quentin have compared to the rest of the team? I know its their job being the 345 guys but I'm thinking its gotta be well over half...

All we need is for 2 or 3 guys outside of those 3. (exception being Juan P he needs to be closer to .300) just to hit .270ish I mean come on

ilsox7

BUT

then

2) pinch hit Mark Kotsay

Sweet

AJ was likely taking a strike and squared for show.

DirtySox
Two losses in a row and suddenly we're calling for a complete overhaul again? I love this site.

I think the division is winnable, but something needs to be done about the offense. Another competent bat is desperately needed somewhere in the lineup.

ilsox7
Is there a stat of how many RBI's Konerko Rios and Quentin have compared to the rest of the team? I know its their job being the 345 guys but I'm thinking its gotta be well over half...

All we need is for 2 or 3 guys outside of those 3. (exception being Juan P he needs to be closer to .300) just to hit .270ish I mean come on

Just add and divide.

WhiteSox5187

NO manager is actually going to say "Oh yea, we need another bat. We're ****ed with what we have."

PhillipsBubba
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
My worst fears regarding this series with the Royals have come to fruition (thus far):(:

The streak was wonderful but I think we all agree Kenny Williams needs to begin tweaking!

http://lovesacphoenix.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/mad_scientist.gif

kravdog
strike zone was awful tonight. just awful.

soxinem1
He was OK, but not good.

He basically had us chasing 2 runs from the start, not what you want from your starters.

The Sox struggle when they are chasing from behind.

He did save the bullpen at the end, which was great. It looked like he was not going to see the 5th inning with the amount of pitches he threw early.

Two in the first should not end the game, but it did.

Facing a pitcher with a 6.00+ ERA who has been getting lit up........... and we give him his first win. Boring!!!

Memo to Big Frank: If Kotsay can play, so can you.

Time to lace 'em up again, kid!!!!!

Brian26
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM

I'm not a big fan of Kotsay, but there's enough blame on this one to be spread over the entire team. Lots of poor at-bats, some poor fielding, questionable base-running (Rios trying to steal with no outs ahead of TCQ at the dish).

The DH didn't lose this game for us, and neither did Buehrle. It's actually amazing MB56 kept us as close as he did.

Slappy
Just add and divide.

And then subtract by 3.14

and then you get something roughly in the vein of = our offense sucks.

ilsox7

It sucked both ways. There were pitches KC did not get, either. The 9th inning comes to mind. Hawk just stays silents on those, though.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM

Cutting Jones and Kotsay and replacing them with a legitimate hitter is throwing out the trash, not a complete overhaul.

Firing Walker and replacing him with someone who is, I don't know, COMPETENT, improves the team.

Having gotten back above .500, if the Sox don't finish at least .500 this year (barring injuries), Ozzie needs to be fired.

daydreamer05
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh how I miss interleague play. :(:

october23sp
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
J---aiyznGQ
Play off the Sox keyboard cat.

Hitmen77
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
NO manager is actually going to say "Oh yea, we need another bat. We're ****ed with what we have."

Who said Ozzie has to say "we're ****ed with what we have"?:?: You can say we want another bat OR JUST SAY NOTHING without saying "we're ****ed".

JB98
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I think the division is winnable, but something needs to be done about the offense. Another competent bat is desperately needed somewhere in the lineup.

Agreed. If KW gets us a bat, we have a shot. Neither Minnesota nor Detroit scares me. The only thing that scares me is the gaping holes the Sox have on their roster.

LoveYourSuit
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Two in the first should not end the game, but it did.

Memo to Big Frank: If Kotsay can play, so can you.

Time to lace 'em up again, kid!!!!!

With this Sox offense, I think it's very close to night being over.

They badly need another bat, or two.

I'm looking at DH #1 and a 3B or 2B #2.

I have no hope that Beckham will turn this around anytime soon.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
We got REALLY good at naming threads this year.

soxinem1

Then why do so many hitters get moved around the end of July, to pad the roster?:scratch:

They may not say it to the press, but they sure say it behind the doors of the clubhouse.

Brian26
It sucked both ways. There were pitches KC did not get, either. The 9th inning comes to mind. Hawks just stays silents on those, though.

Good point. Watch that last at bat for the Missile. The 1-1 pitch was at the knees, center-cut and the ump called it a ball to run the count 2-1. There were a couple of close calls that Soria didn't get in the 9th.

PhillipsBubba
06-28-2010, 09:54 PM

Yeah, that's the ticket...it was the umpire's fault:scratch:

Brian26
06-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Agreed. If KW gets us a bat, we have a shot. Neither Minnesota nor Detroit scares me. The only thing that scares me is the gaping holes the Sox have on their roster.

The Twins begin to look scary, though, with Cliff Lee in their rotation. That deal is looming, and it seems only a matter of time before it happens.

Foulke You
06-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Good point. Watch that last at bat for the Missile. The 1-1 pitch was at the knees, center-cut and the ump called it a ball to run the count 2-1. There were a couple of close calls that Soria didn't get in the 9th.
I dunno, I kind've thought Soria was all over the place in that 9th inning and when that happens you tend to not get the close ones from the ump. Earlier in the game Buehrle's zone was indeed tight but it was impossible to tell if the ump was calling the same zone for LaRue because Sox hitters were up there hacking at all of his garbage pitches anyway and not taking anything. In any case, we lost the game because we couldn't get a single clutch hit all game not because of the ump.

Craig Grebeck
Ah, yes. Ozzie. Always in charge of his emotions, never wearing his heart on his sleeve. Mr. Conventional.

ilsox7
The Twins begin to look scary, though, with Cliff Lee in their rotation. That deal is looming, and it seems only a matter of time before it happens.

I hope the Twins gut their system for Lee and we pick up a solid bat. We need that bat, though.

LoveYourSuit

Is it really that close? Man, I was not aware of that.

The Sox must counter with a high profile bat like Dunn.

PhillipsBubba
The starting pitching has been spectacular...then all of a sudden Danks and MB look very ordinary...not good.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Who said Ozzie has to say "we're ****ed with what we have"?:?:

Ozzie would re-earn my admiration and respect if, in a profanity-laced tirade, he exclaimed that he was in favor of bringing back Thome (or getting another legitimate hitter), that his previous rhetoric about valuing "flexibility at DH" was pure PR spin spoken out of loyalty to the organization, and that he is only playing Kotsay every day to demonstrate to KW that he needs to make a move, pronto, to find a legitimate hitter, because KW has ignored his daily private pleadings to get him a hitter.

I should have put that in deeppink.

LoveYourSuit
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I hope the Twins gut their system for Lee and we pick up a solid bat. We need that bat, though.

The Twins system is like that oil well in the gulf, there is no way to cap it.

soxinem1
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
In any case, we lost the game because we couldn't get a single clutch hit all game not because of the ump.

And that about sums up this effort tonight.

And why is Viciedo on the team if we are not going to use him? Give him a week of starts at 3B, 1B, and primarily DH and see what happens.

JB98

The Twins starting rotation is below par. Liriano put them in a huge hole again tonight. They are trying to come back, but still trail in the eighth.

Minnesota's starting pitching is much like the Sox DH situation. It's a huge Achilles heel, quite likely a fatal flaw if not addressed by the respective GMs.

thomas35forever
Ozzie may have called for this roster, but like you've said, KW has to make the final call on it. He clearly gave in to the pressure of his manager regarding decisions such as not bringing Thome back. If the Sox don't acquire a bat at the deadline and then miss the playoffs, his job should be in jeopardy.

DirtySox

Unfortunately, the Twins are actually capable of replenishing their farm system.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2010, 09:59 PM
The Twins system is like that oil well in the gulf, there is no way to cap it.

And Greg Walker is Tony Heyward. :bandance:

tstrike2000
06-28-2010, 09:59 PM

Definitely, on nights where are defense or pitching aren't quite up to par, having to continue to count on guys like Beckham, Kotsay, or even Jones doesn't bode well.

Awesome to go 15-3 in interleague, but that's over now and so far this year, we've played like crap against the AL.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2010, 10:01 PM
we've played like crap against the AL.

Correction. We've played like crap against the dregs of the AL: Cleveland (4-8) and Kansas City (3-4).

Craig Grebeck
06-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Ozzie may have called for this roster, but like you've said, KW has to make the final call on it. He clearly gave in to the pressure of his manager regarding decisions such as not bringing Thome back. If the Sox don't acquire a bat at the deadline and then miss the playoffs, his job should be in jeopardy.
I guess he figured Ozzie would bury Thome deeper on the bench than he's stashed Viciedo.

Ozzie actually said he wouldn't be able to find enough at-bats for Jim Thome on this roster. Unbelievable.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Ozzie actually said he wouldn't be able to find enough at-bats for Jim Thome on this roster. Unbelievable.

So said the manager who found enough ABs for Kotsay, Mackowiak, Erstad, Terrero, Gonzalez, Cintron, etc., ad infinitum.

soulfly
06-28-2010, 10:05 PM
KW really needs to take away Ozzies love toys. Kotsay has to go. Jones can follow him out of town. Randy Williams can drive them to the airport.

Until KW takes away some of the clowns that Oz trots out there, this playing is probably going to continue against legitimate (AL) teams .

tstrike2000
06-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Correction. We've played like crap against the dregs of the AL: Cleveland (4-8) and Kansas City (3-4).

Even if we had winning records against those two teams, we're still barely a .500 team before that winning streak.

Domeshot17
06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Recipe to win division:

Trade for solid LH bat
Cut Mark Kotsay
Trade for Solid dependable fourth OF
Cut Andruw Jones

WIN

kevingrt
06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
How many hanging curve balls can you not hit solid? The Sox may have set a record tonight with a double digit total in that category. Very disgusting.

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Eh, I still think we can win 2/3. We've done well against Greinke in the past.

sox1970
06-28-2010, 10:08 PM
De Aza had five more hits at Charlotte tonight. I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance. He probably can't be worse than Kotsay, and Ozzie wouldn't start him too often and bat him 3rd and 5th all of the time.

thomas35forever
06-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Eh, I still think we can win 2/3. We've done well against Greinke in the past.
Plus Greinke has pitched like crap this year.

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Plus Greinke has pitched like crap this year.

I mean, if they lose this series, I'll be concerned, but for right now it's only the first game. I'm still hopeful.

Domeshot17
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I also find it hilarious that while Ozzie will call out everyone else not hitting, he has yet to point a finger at Kotsay

Carneyman14
06-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Just add and divide.

I didn't know if someone had it handy. Extremely lazy person here lol

BlackandWhiteSox
06-28-2010, 10:13 PM
:mad: Gave that game away, make it up by taking the next 2.

De Aza had five more hits at Charlotte tonight. I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance. He probably can't be worse than Kotsay, and Ozzie wouldn't start him too often and bat him 3rd and 5th all of the time.

Yep, and he's hitting .476 in June/since coming back from injury. I think they should give him a chance as well.

Foulke You
06-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Cut Mark Kotsay

I know people are a little emotional about Kotsay now but it isn't his fault that we are using him wrong. A guy like Kotsay is a valuable player on your BENCH. Personally, I'd love to keep Kotsay around in the "Ross Gload" role. Occasional spot start and pinch hitting is perfect for him. The problem is the Sox are depending on Kotsay to be the starting DH about 5 games a week and that just isn't his strength. I think most agree with your first point though. An impact power hitting left handed DH like Shin Soo Choo, Adam Dunn, or Berkman would make our lineup much better.

GABP
06-28-2010, 10:15 PM

Yeah dude, getting rid of our ****ty coaches and two horrible players is a complete overhaul :rolleyes:

Dibbs
I know people are a little emotional about Kotsay now but it isn't his fault that we are using him wrong. A guy like Kotsay is a valuable player on your BENCH. Personally, I'd love to keep Kotsay around in the "Ross Gload" role. Occasional spot start and pinch hitting is perfect for him. The problem is the Sox are depending on Kotsay to be the starting DH about 5 games a week and that just isn't his strength. I think most agree with your first point though. An impact power hitting left handed DH like Shin Soo Choo, Adam Dunn, or Berkman would make our lineup much better.

Ozzie would never use a player like that correctly, so the only answer is to cut him.

ilsox7

While I generally agree with you, Kotsay failed miserably in his pinch hit AB tonight. It was a poor AB with a bad result.

Hegewisch
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Odd Game :scratch:

sox1970
06-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Ozzie would never use a player like that correctly, so the only answer is to cut him.

Exactly. Kenny needs to take away Ozzie's toy. And eventually the same thing will happen with Vizquel. When Teahen gets back, he needs to play. I appreciate what Omar has done, but if they go to the well too often, he's going to hit the wall and do nothing. If they want to make him a late inning defensive replacement, fine. But he's not an everyday 3B in the major leagues.

PalehosePlanet
06-28-2010, 10:26 PM
We were simply sleepwalking out there tonight.

I hope this is not the beginnings of an ugly slump. But often times after a hot streak that's exactly what happens.

Anyway, I hope my gut feeling is wrong and we can avoid it.

And, yes, let's get another bat before it's too late.

Domeshot17
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM

I disagree. I wanted Kotsay in that role to start the season but he is hitting this bad in July. He has been one of the worst players in all of baseball. Im certain we could find someone capable of hitting over .220 for his roster spot.

soxinem1
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Exactly. Kenny needs to take away Ozzie's toy. And eventually the same thing will happen with Vizquel. When Teahen gets back, he needs to play. I appreciate what Omar has done, but if they go to the well too often, he's going to hit the wall and do nothing. If they want to make him a late inning defensive replacement, fine. But he's not an everyday 3B in the major leagues.

Neither is Teahen.

soxlady8
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Mark was not great tonight.
We had opportunities to score , but could not capitalize :(

Hopefully, we can get them tomorrow after some re-grouping :)

PhillipsBubba
06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I also find it hilarious that while Ozzie will call out everyone else not hitting, he has yet to point a finger at Kotsay

OG's history is that he falls in love with a guy and sticks with him, no matter how ****ty he performs.

This DH scenario is a fundamental ****-up that may cost the White Sox dearly.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I disagree. I wanted Kotsay in that role to start the season but he is hitting this bad in July. He has been one of the worst players in all of baseball. Im certain we could find someone capable of hitting over .220 for his roster spot.

I'm guessing that someone would have more than 24 HR in his last 1452 ABs.
By comparison, Ramon Castro has 57 HR in 1277 career ABs.

shingo10
06-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Bring back Jermaine Dye. Seriously. At this point after being on the outside for a while maybe he won't be so quick to scoff at being a DH. He showed last year that he can put together a good half of baseball.

Anyway, Let's please come back and win this series. Don't make all of the hard work for naught.

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Bring back Jermaine Dye. Seriously. At this point after being on the outside for a while maybe he won't be so quick to scoff at being a DH. He showed last year that he can put together a good half of baseball.

Anyway, Let's please come back and win this series. Don't make all of the hard work for naught.

Assuming we signed him (although I think it's far-fetched), would he even be ready to play right away?

Dibbs
06-28-2010, 10:57 PM

I forgot about JD. This is a great idea. However, it seems Ozzie and Kenny feel a terrible left handed bad is more valuable than a good right handed bat.

chisoxfanatic
06-28-2010, 11:00 PM
They deserved this loss with their lack of hitting in the last inning. Two pop-ups with the bases loaded and 1 out? Brutal!

soltrain21
06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
No reason to jump off the bridge but a DH is needed sooner than later.

PalehosePlanet
06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Assuming we signed him (although I think it's far-fetched), would he even be ready to play right away?

Second week of August would be my guess.

Dick Allen
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I didn't see the game, but Buehrle cannot be faulted, our pitchers cannot be counted on to pitch shutouts consistently. The offense didn't hit a great deal even during the win streak, they got timelier hitting, which we hadn't seen all season up until then. There's still too much pressure on our starting rotation. And I don't care how Greinke has looked (which hasn't been bad, no run support), the Sox will have a lot of trouble winning that game.

johnnyg83
06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I was there. Strike zone was bad for both teams, started low and them moved up during the game.

Team seemed super flat. Royals had a lot of seeing-eye hits.

Was Rios out on the stolen base? He looked safe from where I was sitting. If so we lost a run on that b/c Carlos hit a HR an AB later.

ilsox7
06-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I was there. Strike zone was bad for both teams, started low and them moved up during the game.

Team seemed super flat. Royals had a lot of seeing-eye hits.

Was Rios out on the stolen base? He looked safe from where I was sitting. If so we lost a run on that b/c Carlos hit a HR an AB later.

It was close. Either way, highly unlikely Q still hits a HR as the situation was greatly changed.

tstrike2000
06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I forgot about JD. This is a great idea. However, it seems Ozzie and Kenny feel a terrible left handed bad is more valuable than a good right handed bat.

JD only wanted to play if could also play in the outfield as he was concerned DH'ing would hurt his hitting.

Dibbs
06-28-2010, 11:19 PM
JD only wanted to play if could also play in the outfield as he was concerned DH'ing would hurt his hitting.

I wonder if that would still be his stance. People often change their minds. If not JD, someone with similar potential or talent needs to be brought in to make a serious run.

hawkjt
06-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Nobody hit tonite,outside of Carlos. PK had 3 strikeouts. Alex got a hit,but was thrown out stealing second...close call,could have gone either way.

It was one of those nites that you need a ligthning strike in the 9th from Kotsay or Alexei....Alexei,Alex,Omar,PK,Carlos all have built up some credit during the streak so they get a pass. AJ got a hit finally. Gordo is still funked up. And Andruw/Kotsay...dead.

I really did anticipate this, with the way the Royals have owned MB of late. All those guys have good averages vs MB...he used to own the Royals but not anymore. It should have been 5-6 runs easy.

Gordon and Jake have got to do better...and they will. The Royals have a bunch of banjo hitters and Butler. MB is just not a good matchup with them.

Tigers won,so we only lose .5 game on first...2 games out...deal with it.
Tigers lost Joel Zumaya tonite,his arm fell off,look to be in tremendous pain..I suspect it is a season-ender for him.
Long season ,gang, do not give up quite yet. Kenny will find offensive help, but you know the old saying...when you need offense, get more pitching...I hope the newbie lefty can take over for Randy Williams.

Coops4Aces
06-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Second week of August would be my guess.

My guess is July 19th.

soxlady8
06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Bringing back JD sure would be interesting.
I am a big fan of the "05" MVP and if he could come back
without too much $$$ spent, then it might be a good option.

theamb
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
People need to let Jermaine Dye go already

The ship has sailed

twinsuck
06-28-2010, 11:56 PM
I guess they'll lose 11 in a row now... damn this.

ZombieRob
06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
LaRoche could be had from the D Backs for cheap. Lefty, versatile player.

Nellie_Fox
06-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Good point. Watch that last at bat for the Missile. The 1-1 pitch was at the knees, center-cut and the ump called it a ball to run the count 2-1. There were a couple of close calls that Soria didn't get in the 9th.I was watching the game on the KC feed on Extra Innings. They did a replay with a computerized strike zone; the ball was low.

Ranger
06-29-2010, 02:53 AM

Buehrle deserved better.

Piss poor display by the ****ing Sox. Disgusting. I never want to see Kotsay get another ****ing at bat while wearing the Sox uniform.

Thats what you get when your options are Andruw Jones or Mark Kotsay

Kotsay never gets a hit when it actually matters. Ozzie will find ways to get this guy in the game at any expense. We need some offense if we want to make a run at the division.

So, the Sox get 4 hits all night, and we're angry at the guy that had ONE pinch hit AB? He didn't even start the game, and somehow this loss is his fault?

southside rocks
06-29-2010, 06:01 AM
So, the Sox get 4 hits all night, and we're angry at the guy that had ONE pinch hit AB? He didn't even start the game, and somehow this loss is his fault?

Yes! And a 2-game losing streak means the end of all our playoff hopes, and completely erases an 11-game win streak! :tongue:

Seriously, this place is a hoot when the Sox lose. :rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
06-29-2010, 07:05 AM
Lerin Larew sounds like a character on the old
Western TV show "Gunsmoke".

"Look out, Marshall Dillon.Here comes Lerin Larew.":D:

kufram
06-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Ranger http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2536057#post2536057)

Yes! And a 2-game losing streak means the end of all our playoff hopes, and completely erases an 11-game win streak! :tongue:

Seriously, this place is a hoot when the Sox lose. :rolleyes:

It seems like some people aren't interested when the team is winning. It's almost like they are waiting for a loss to come out find someone to blame and rip.

Of course they've been given a lot of fodder by the team's performance from the start, but I noticed some just dissappeared during the winning streak or just kept hammering the same 1 or 2 issues they don't agree with.

Just have to grin and move on although sometimes I can't help but give it a little prod.

october23sp
06-29-2010, 07:57 AM

Not his fault we lost, but he isn't going to help us win any games. We all knew he would fail and he did. It would be nice to have a guy that we know has a chance to do something for us.

soxlady8
06-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I just think people are scared the team may go back to it's usual pattern of winning one , then losing two. The team really spoiled us fans with that 11 win STREAK. Of all the teams, the Cubs had to break it for us :(

They totally have to re-group and get it together.
Minny and Detroit are battling it out which makes it tough for us to win ground, we need to just WIN !

Hitmen77
06-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Not his fault we lost, but he isn't going to help us win any games. We all knew he would fail and he did. It would be nice to have a guy that we know has a chance to do something for us.

Thank you. No, it's not all on Kotsay that our offense was baffled once again by some noboby they've never faced before. But, he doesn't help either.

Our offense is weak/inconsistent enough without conceding the one prime offensive spot in the lineup (DH) to someone who wouldn't be good enough to start on most competitive teams. Yes, I know Beckham is hitting .200 also, but just because he's been bad doesn't mean it makes sense for the Sox to just leave the DH spot to spares with the logic that one more bad hitter isn't going to make a difference anyway.

Law11
06-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Lay Off Kotsay hes hardly the sole reason we lost last night. Get a grip. The guy comes off the bench cold. Sure a hit would have been nice but its part of the game.

delben91
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I guess they'll lose 11 in a row now... damn this.

Perfectly logical :thumbsup:

october23sp
06-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Lay Off Kotsay hes hardly the sole reason we lost last night. Get a grip. The guy comes off the bench cold. Sure a hit would have been nice but its part of the game.

It's not Kotsay/Jones we don't like. It's that Kotsay/Jones are our only options. Get someone Kenny!

Dibbs
06-29-2010, 10:03 AM

It is part of a much bigger debate. It has nothing to do with one AB. Plus, I'm not angry at Kotsay, I am angry at Ozzie.

slavko
06-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Lerin Larew sounds like a character on the old
Western TV show "Gunsmoke".

"Look out, Marshall Dillon.Here comes Lerin Larew.":D:

Reminded me of ex-White Sox hurler Lerrin LaGrow. (late '70's?)

BigKlu59
06-29-2010, 10:16 AM
:cool: You knew going in that the Sox would make this guy look like Cy Young..For some reason we love to make a Rook's first start a coronation and crown them with glory..

Fast forward to the 9th....ugh....all those ducks and nobody can pull the trigger..Do any of these guys know how to slap the ball over the infield,or go the other way? Suicide squeeze? Why is Paulie on 3rd? I'da pinch run for him and given Soria something to think about with a dancing monkey:bandance: on 3rd

shake it off.... Long season. Gotta bring em home with RISP...

BigKlu59

Milkman43
06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm so tired of Willie Bloomquist. Does he hit anyone but the Sox?

Domeshot17
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm so tired of Willie Bloomquist. Does he hit anyone but the Sox?

a royal who hits the sox well....

Kenny will surely trade for him next year and give him a multi year deal.