PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Sox go from here?

Hitmen77
06-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Now that our delightful romp through interleague play is over and our play against NL teams has given us a nice "do over" on this season, what is your prediction on what the Sox will do from here on out vs. AL teams?

Red Barchetta
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
...they go to Kansas City. :tongue:

Slappy
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I feel like our pitching can improve and if it does, we'll be in better shape. Our offense has significant holes, and we need guys that can hit consistently and add some power to our lineup. Until they do that, I don't have much faith in them making the postseason, but the potential for an exciting race to that point could be something to look forward to.

35th and Shields
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I feel like our pitching can improve and if it does, we'll be in better shape. Our offense has significant holes, and we need guys that can hit consistently and add some power to our lineup. Until they do that, I don't have much faith in them making the postseason, but the potential for an exciting race to that point could be something to look forward to.
If we pitch like we have the last two weeks ther's no doubt in my mind we make the playoffs. But I just don't see that happening for the rest of the year. I'm trying not to let this hot streak get my hopes up but at the same time, its hard not to.

Hitmen77
06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
...they go to Kansas City. :tongue:

:tiphat:

delben91
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Beckham sucks, Viciedo isn't playing and Vizquel is old. No way they can contend with this team.

:redneck

CLR01
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Let's fire the fire Ozzie and Walker buses back up.

WhiteSox5187
06-28-2010, 08:25 PM
I haven't voted, but I have no idea. We're going to go as far as our starting pitching will take us. We're not going to keep up the ridiculous pace we're at now, but I don't think we're going to go back to the way we were pitching in April and May. If you split the difference though it's a 3 something ERA which is pretty good.

LITTLE NELL
06-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Pitching and defense will keep this team in the race, if the hitting picks up with TCQ, AJ and Beckham helping out Konerko and Rios the Sox could run away with the division. When Teahen comes back I think he should be the DH, he was starting to hit and can be a key in the 2nd half as the sorely needed lefthanded bat. I would put Viciedo at 3rd with Omar replacing him in the late innings

Slappy
06-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Pitching and defense will keep this team in the race, if the hitting picks up with TCQ, AJ and Beckham helping out Konerko and Rios the Sox could run away with the division. When Teahen comes back I think he should be the DH, he was starting to hit and can be a key in the 2nd half as the sorely needed lefthanded bat. I would put Viciedo at 3rd with Omar replacing him in the late innings

This makes too much sense for Ozzie to ever do. He has to keep getting Kotsay at-bats for some reason, so it will never happen. Seriously though, it's our best option to win more games without going out and grabbing someone via a trade, etc.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
The current score makes me want to scream. I won't vote while I'm pissed off.

Hitmen77
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I think the pitching will be less consistent that we're hoping and that's going to keep us from staying in contention. Buehrle and Peavy might not look so great anymore now that we're done with the NL.

If our pitching were lights out, then that would be enough to cover the holes in our lineup. But otherwise, our offense is sub par. It looks like Quentin is back. But Beckham is still a question mark and we still have that gaping hole in our lineup where Ozzie trots out Kotsay every day. Our offense is good for huge outbursts in a few games followed by anemic hitting in more games than not.

october23sp
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Today's game pissed me off.:angry:

Tragg
06-28-2010, 10:45 PM
The pitching will be fine.
The problem is the offense...and it's not something that Adam Dunn can cure. It's' an organizational approach (or really a Guillen/Walker approach) of free swinging. This team takes an inordinate number of bad at bats.
Just have to hope that our pitching stays top-shelf enough to overcome swinging at balls low and away.

kaufsox
06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
At the beginning of the season I thought they were a .500 team and with a little bit of luck (read a few wins they shouldn't really get), they could make a run at the division. Still seems about right.

CWSpalehoseCWS
06-29-2010, 12:10 AM
If they don't add a bat, I'll say they stay around .500 as Kotsay and Jones just aren't cutting it anymore.

GoSox2K3
06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I think the Sox pitching will be good, but not good enough for our sporadic offense.

Yes, our offense will be better than it was in April and May. But it's still not good enough to make us real AL contenders. We need another bat. Unless we get a legitimate major league bat to replace Kotsay, we're a .500 team.