PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for in Twins/Tigers series?

october23sp
06-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Who do you want to win? What series outcome is best for the Sox chances?

I want a Tiger 2-1 victory.

HomeFish
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I hate the Tigers much less, and I think the Tigers are more beatable, even if the latter is not true on paper.

We're just particularly susceptible to Twins baseball for some reason.

harwar
06-28-2010, 08:19 AM
i want whoever is in 1st place to lose so we can gain ground or not lose any .. if they become tied i want them both to lose(wouldn't that be a nice world) lol

sox1970
06-28-2010, 08:28 AM
They play each other 6 games before the break. I want a split. If it goes 4-2 one way, I'd rather it be the Tigers.

asindc
06-28-2010, 08:56 AM
i want whoever is in 1st place to lose so we can gain ground or not lose any .. if they become tied i want them both to lose(wouldn't that be a nice world) lol

This. If the Tigers win and take 1st place, I want them to lose the next day, and vice versa.

soxinem1
06-28-2010, 01:21 PM
No disrespect to DET, as they are no push over, but I feel we match up better with them, so that is my pick.

TheOldRoman
06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I will be rooting for Detroit for many reasons. 1)I hate the Twins more than any other team in professional sports; 2)the Twins always end up going on second half tears, so I want to see them get as many losses as possible before the break; 3)We own the Tigers; and 4)I don't think the Tigers are a particularly good team. Hopefully the Tigers take all 6 from the Twins, Ron Gardenhire gets fired after the Twins lose their 45th straight game, Justin Morneau retires out of disgust, and Joe Mauer demands a trade.

soltrain21
06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
We always own Detroit - I'd rather see us chasing them than the Twins. Although maybe 2008 exercised our "can't beat the Twins when it matters" demons.

WisSoxFan
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I will be rooting for Detroit for many reasons. 1)I hate the Twins more than any other team in professional sports; 2)the Twins always end up going on second half tears, so I want to see them get as many losses as possible before the break; 3)We own the Tigers; and 4)I don't think the Tigers are a particularly good team. Hopefully the Tigers take all 6 from the Twins, Ron Gardenhire gets fired after the Twins lose their 45th straight game, Justin Morneau retires out of disgust, and Joe Mauer demands a trade.

I'm with you on everything except Joe Mauer. I believe he would demand a trade to the White Sox in return for Scott Linebrink, Randy Williams, and just because Kenny Williams is a nice guy he throws in Brent Lillibridge.

SoxGirl4Life
06-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm rooting for the Sox. If they take care of business, no matter what happens between det/min, they come out ahead. But ONLY if they win.

downstairs
06-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Its a little too early to start worrying about other teams, but if you must... root for which ever team has the least wins in the series. That is to say- you'd rather them go .500 against each other than have one team own the other.

Still, I barely have enough time to follow the Sox, so I'm not scoreboard watching yet.

Hitmen77
06-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Its a little too early to start worrying about other teams, but if you must... root for which ever team has the least wins in the series. That is to say- you'd rather them go .500 against each other than have one team own the other.

Still, I barely have enough time to follow the Sox, so I'm not scoreboard watching yet.

Agreed. I'd like to see the Sox put together a winning stretch against AL teams before I get too worried who I should be cheering for in a Twins/Tigers series.

hawkjt
06-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Hope the tigers win tonite, and wed...losing on tues.]
Sox sweep....standings on thurs...Sox and tigers on top, Twins half game back...game on!

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 02:49 PM
A black hole to swallow both teams.

TDog
06-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I would have no influence over whether the Tigers or Twins win the series. I could hope for a draining series that diminishes both teams in the future, but as far as who wins or loses, my team will just have to deal with the results.

hawkjt
06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Looks like both the Twins and Tigers are scouting Dan Haren of the D-Backs...along with the Red Sox,Cards and Yanks.

Haren is owed 40 million thru 2013...

Hope he goes to the Cards.

TDog
06-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Looks like both the Twins and Tigers are scouting Dan Haren of the D-Backs...along with the Red Sox,Cards and Yanks.

Haren is owed 40 million thru 2013...

Hope he goes to the Cards.

It isn't like they are going to need to deep into their pockets to sign Puljos anytime soon. Teal implied.

DumpJerry
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Sweep. Doesn't matter which team is swept. If we win our games, a sweep is the best result for us. If the Tigers sweep, we're in second and Twins are third. If the Twins sweep, we're in second, Tigers in third.

If we make up ground on whomever is ahead of us before the Tigers and Twins meet again next week, then the team ahead of us (or is the closest behind us if we are in first by then) has to be swept for best case scenario.

slavko
06-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Pulled hamstrings and clubhouse tirades.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Salmonella?

OK, that's going to far.

How about lots and lots of extra innings and tired arms?

Daver
06-28-2010, 07:54 PM
The Steelers.

hawkjt
06-28-2010, 11:35 PM

You cursed Joel Zumaya,who blew out his arm tonite.

october23sp
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM
If we sweep, I hope Minnesota sweeps.

Zakath
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Minnesota 2-1 in this series in Detroit. The starting pitching matchups (Liriano vs. Verlander, Blackburn vs. Bonderman, Pavano vs. Oliver) should favor the Twins. The big ? right now is Morneau.

RadioheadRocks
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I call for the Statue of Liberty play... let 'em both bash the living hell out of each other, leaving the door open for the good guys in silver and black! :D: