PDA

View Full Version : Mets at Citi Field

wassagstdu
06-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Went to the Twins-Mets game at Citi Field with my son, who is a big Mets fan. The Twins beat Santana 6-0. Why could the Sox never hit Santana like that? (Ans: The Twins were hitting line drives with short, quick swings.)

A couple of things impressed me about the park, or the Mets PR. First, instead of just reading the lineups and showing photos of the players on the scoreboard, they have the players introduce themselves (on video) and say where they are from. Nice touch. Also, during the game, between innings they had the usual quizzes about Mets history, "Who hit a home run in his last at bat with the Mets?", etc. They showed on the scoreboard someone with the right answer, and the prize was a ball autographed by that player -- who then showed up in the stands to present the ball to the winner. Really nice way to keep ties with former players. There were three during the game, Cleon Jones, Felix Millan, and Todd Zeile.

I admit that I haven't been to Chicago for a game yet this year, so if the Sox have already picked up on one or both of these things I just say bravo. But if not, I think the Sox should try both. Anyone from the organization monitoring WSI, pass it on.

Red Barchetta
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
How is the new Citi Field in general? I read earlier that a lot of Mets fans liked Shea better. Which is hard to believe. :?:

Foulke You
06-28-2010, 12:35 AM
How is the new Citi Field in general? I read earlier that a lot of Mets fans liked Shea better. Which is hard to believe. :?:
This is surprising because it looks fantastic on TV.

WhiteSox5187
06-28-2010, 12:49 AM

Again, I think it's more the memories that were collected at Shea than the actual ballpark.

joebro25
06-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I was just there last week for the Tigers series and I thought the park was great. It didn't seem too big and it was easy to walk around the entire stadium. Plus, unlike other new stadiums such as Nationals Park, it wasn't built like a mall with a baseball field connected to it. Definitely worthy of a visit.