PDA

View Full Version : Jenks taking time to tend to a family situation

DumpJerry
06-27-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0627-bits-white-sox-city-serie20100626,0,4940161.story

SoxFan1979
06-27-2010, 09:09 AM
The Dr. must be a Sox fan for keeping those pins in Marks finger :tongue:

getonbckthr
06-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Why haven't they put him on the bereavement list?

DonnieDarko
06-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Ozzie hinted at him being placed on the bereavement list if he wasn't back by Sunday. Has he come back yet?

Over By There
06-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Looks like Bobby is going on the bereavement list.

MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales)
Erick threets here, looks like he'll take jenks' spot 40 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/17171030183) via mobile web (http://mobile.twitter.com/)

palehosepub
06-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Bobby was placed on emergency medical / family leave / bereavement list today and Threets was called up. Jenks has been unavailable a number of times recently due to calf soreness, family issues etc. He has been pitching well too.

I wonder if his "old demons" has surfaced. We need him. Anybody know much about Threets?

SoxGirl4Life
06-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Bobby was placed on emergency medical / family leave / bereavement list today and Threets was called up. Jenks has been unavailable a number of times recently due to calf soreness, family issues etc. He has been pitching well too.

I wonder if his "old demons" has surfaced. We need him. Anybody know much about Threets?

I thought I heard on the pre-game that his mom passed away.

palehosepub
06-27-2010, 12:58 PM
did not hear about his mom that's tough. Maybe the absences are unrelated. Hope Threets can be a positive addition.

delben91
06-27-2010, 01:18 PM
did not hear about his mom that's tough. Maybe the absences are unrelated. Hope Threets can be a positive addition.

I think if his mom passed that's why he's on the bereavement list. Doubt the two are unrelated...

thomas35forever
06-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Tough luck, Bobby. Take all the time you need.

soltrain21
06-27-2010, 01:34 PM

Bobby Jenks doesn't deserve to get speculated on like that. Who are you to even think it could be about that?

Jenks had trouble in the past with a lot of things and he doesn't anymore. It's not fair to him for you to think that could be the problem.

soxlady8
06-27-2010, 07:24 PM
My best thoughts and wishes are with Bobby and his family.

Bobby has recently done GREAT for the Sox, but I think he should be allowed to take as much time off as he needs for his well being and the family too.

Brian26
06-27-2010, 09:07 PM
I wonder if his "old demons" has surfaced.

did not hear about his mom that's tough. Maybe the absences are unrelated.

Don't post foolish, ignorant comments here. That's your last warning.

WS05angel
06-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Bobby was put on the list because his wife is really ill. Ozzie hints at it in his statement:

Ozzie Guillen said. "Bobby has four kids, and they're by themselves with his mother-in-law and father-in-law. Those kids need someone to look up to when their mother is not there. Hopefully we'll see him in Kansas City. Not because we need him, but because everything is fine. Besides we need him. I think it's more important for the family to be in a good place."

and it is also mentioned in yesterday's Daily Herald: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=390486

october23sp
06-28-2010, 10:19 AM
:(: I really hope everything is ok, obviously the Sox are not nearly as important as family issues, take as much time away as you need big man, if it costs us losses, so be it.

NLaloosh
06-28-2010, 10:59 AM
There's nothing you can do about this. Don't even think about it. Stuff happens. These players are people,too. And, they have all of the same problems that we have.

Bobby's got to take care of his personal life right now and it's no negative reflection on him. He'll be back when he's back. Hopefully, things work out ok for him.

GoGoCrede
06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I hope his wife will be okay. :(: I read in an article a few years back about how they met, it was a really cute story. Get well soon!

Ozzie is such a class act when it comes to his players and family matters. I liked his comments.

Hitmen77
06-29-2010, 08:05 PM
It sounds like Bobby's wife is doing better and he's expected back soon.:smile:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0629-white-sox-bits--20100628,0,7523820.story

BRDSR
06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
It sounds like Bobby's wife is doing better and he's expected back soon.:smile:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0629-white-sox-bits--20100628,0,7523820.story

Why is Ozzie Guillen talking to Bobby Jenks's wife's doctor?

soltrain21
06-30-2010, 10:22 AM

Yes. That is very weird. Glad she is doing better, though.

mccoydp
06-30-2010, 10:28 AM
I hope Bobby's wife recovers fully and that he returns to the team in fine form.

HomeFish
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM

Probably because she gave him permission to do so and is OK with it.

Ranger
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM

I think they're the same as the team doctors.

SI1020
06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Probably because she gave him permission to do so and is OK with it. I would assume that would be the case due to this law.

http://personalinsure.about.com/od/health/a/aa041806a.htm

october23sp
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM

The Sox may be more like a family than we thought and Ozzie would call and check up after every game just to see how things are going.

soltrain21
06-30-2010, 12:31 PM
The Sox may be more like a family than we thought and Ozzie would call and check up after every game just to see how things are going.

Well, yes. It's nice he would check up but he would have to get permission from her (which I'm assuming he did) or that would be illegal.

My boss just couldn't call my doctor and ask me about something. It's confidential.

TDog
06-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, yes. It's nice he would check up but he would have to get permission from her (which I'm assuming he did) or that would be illegal.

My boss just couldn't call my doctor and ask me about something. It's confidential.

It wouldn't be illegal for your boss to ask your doctor about you. But your doctor would face penalties if he/she answered your boss with any information about you. The Jenks/Guillen situation probably involved a written consent form.

Paulwny
07-01-2010, 03:08 PM
It wouldn't be illegal for your boss to ask your doctor about you. But your doctor would face penalties if he/she answered your boss with any information about you. The Jenks/Guillen situation probably involved a written consent form.

If it concerned Jenk's medical situation I could understand the signing of a consent form. Why would Jenk's wife sign a consent form for her doctor to discuss her situation with Oz ? Would'nt Jenks relay any pertinant information to Oz ?

kittle42
07-01-2010, 03:59 PM
If it concerned Jenk's medical situation I could understand the signing of a consent form. Why would Jenk's wife sign a consent form for her doctor to discuss her situation with Oz ? Would'nt Jenks relay any pertinant information to Oz ?

Hijack - It's Jenks' or even Jenks's, but never Jenk's. It would only be Jenk's if his last name was Jenk.

/PSA

Paulwny
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Hijack - It's Jenks' or even Jenks's, but never Jenk's. It would only be Jenk's if his last name was Jenk.

/PSA

Yep, I know that, but I'm an old fart on medication and the brain cells don't function properly. :redface: