PDA

View Full Version : Frank, Ray, Jerry

pudge
06-22-2002, 01:57 AM
Just want to see if anyone else shares these thoughts from the first Atlanta game:

1) Nice to see Frank look like the old Frank, very disciplined, two walks, took advantage of the pitches that were there and went 2-2. I wonder why he had it going tonight?

2) Could Ray have looked any worse? He swung at every single low pitch out of the strike zone, swung at ball four twice, and grounded out on every bat. Pathetic, and we really could have used him tonight.

3) Was anyone surprised to see Ritchie in the 8th? He was doing okay, but our bullpen has been so good lately, and we really need to start winning close games, why keep Ritchie in so he can give up the lead? (Which he did, of course.)

4) 3 hits for the Braves, 9 for the Sox, now that's depressing.

mrwag
06-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by pudge

3) Was anyone surprised to see Ritchie in the 8th? He was doing okay, but our bullpen has been so good lately, and we really need to start winning close games, why keep Ritchie in so he can give up the lead? (Which he did, of course.)

4) 3 hits for the Braves, 9 for the Sox, now that's depressing.

I think your #4 answers #3. Why take Ritchie out? It's not like we're going to come from behind anway. Might as well let him pitch.

voodoochile
06-22-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by mrwag

I think your #4 answers #3. Why take Ritchie out? It's not like we're going to come from behind anway. Might as well let him pitch.

We aren't? Man I must have missed that moment when the Sox came from behind to tie the game in the 8th...