PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt TV

BadBobbyJenks
06-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Frank sat down with AJ (http://www.csnchicago.com/06/25/10/Big-Hurt-TV-AJ-Pierzysnki-on-hot-streak/landing.html?blockID=261039&feedID=661)

Only about 5 minutes, there are a few funny lines in there.

BRDSR
06-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I love Frank Thomas and I love AJ, but that was a miserable interview. Full of cliches, weak chitchat, and awkward moments.

Nice to see that the Big Hurt is still huge in a muscular sort of way, though. That man never took a steroid in his life, and should probably be one of only a few HOFers who played primarily between 1990 and 2005 not to have an asterisk by his name.

hawkjt
06-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Frank is slowly getting a little better at ad-libbing and saying something of substance on the post-game show...very slowly. But l love the big lug,and am just glad to see him back in the good graces of the organization and vice versa. He seems pretty happy with his life, and that is good.

Like with belting bill melton, frank will smooth it out going forward.:D:

Rohan
06-26-2010, 12:27 PM
You can tell clearly how much more witty AJ is than Frank. But I do love seeing the big man do his thing. And there aren't many in baseball who are more witty than AJ Pierzynski.

PhillipsBubba
06-26-2010, 12:32 PM
FT needs time to develop a style...experience...once he gets that he'll be fine.

TheVulture
06-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I like him a lot in this format. If the interviewee looks good, the interviewer did a good job.

Dibbs
06-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Frank is getting better slowly. I love the big man more than anyone, but he makes you cringe occasionally. Glad to see he is improving as of late.

Frankfan4life
06-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Frank seems happy to be back with the team and that's great because having him back makes me happy!

He shows signs of being a very good broadcaster. For one thing, he's got one of the best smiles in baseball! :D: I'm looking forward to seeing him develop as a commentator and interviewer and to having him in the organization, in whatever capacity, for many years to come.

Rohan
06-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Frank seems happy to be back with the team and that's great because having him back makes me happy!

He shows signs of being a very good broadcaster. For one thing, he's got one of the best smiles in baseball! :D: I'm looking forward to seeing him develop as a commentator and interviewer and to having him in the organization, in whatever capacity, for many years to come.

Yeah it's really important that a baseball commentator has a good smile :scratch:

DickAllen72
06-26-2010, 01:28 PM
AJ is the best. I'd like to see him in the Sox' broadcast booth when his playing career is over.

34rancher
06-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Frank never was comfortable with the media as a player, so I give him credit. This has to be weird for him. He's gettin better though.

Frankfan4life
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah it's really important that a baseball commentator has a good smile :scratch:What's wrong with having a great smile when you're on television? For a big guy, it makes him appear engaging and approachable. Furthermore, I said FOR ONE THING. I didn't say it was everything but it is a plus.

Daver
06-26-2010, 02:13 PM
AJ is the best. I'd like to see him in the Sox' broadcast booth when his playing career is over.

I'd rather see him in the dugout.

fusillirob1983
06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I hope Frank improves his broadcasting skills if he plans to continue in broadcasting, and it's good that he's happy, positive and smiling, but sometimes the amount he smiles can be creepy.

thomas35forever
06-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Big Hurt TV continues with his interview with Kenny Albert and Mark Grace tonight.

tstrike2000
06-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Frank's getting better, he can be very well spoken and he's a pretty smart guy.

GoGoCrede
06-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I adore Frank and I'm so glad he's found a gig like this. I hope he enjoys it, because for me it's been a treat to hear his commentary. I know other Sox fans must love it too.

soxfanreggie
06-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I love Frank Thomas and I love AJ, but that was a miserable interview. Full of cliches, weak chitchat, and awkward moments.

Nice to see that the Big Hurt is still huge in a muscular sort of way, though. That man never took a steroid in his life, and should probably be one of only a few HOFers who played primarily between 1990 and 2005 not to have an asterisk by his name.

Some people forget he was an All-SEC tight end at Auburn as well as being a baseball star. In fact, he went to Auburn on a football scholarship - not a baseball one.

spongyfungy
06-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I'd rather see him in the dugout.

I agree, like most catchers, he'd probably do well on a coaching staff

Plus he's too fast a talker to be any good in the booth.

Nelfox02
06-26-2010, 11:55 PM
LOVE having big Frank back and associated with this team, he is a bit rough here and there, but should improve

Hope Frank is at Sox Fest this year........

Frankfan4life
06-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I hope Frank improves his broadcasting skills if he plans to continue in broadcasting, and it's good that he's happy, positive and smiling, but sometimes the amount he smiles can be creepy.I think the excessive smiling can be attributed to nerves. Frank is not a trained or experienced broadcaster. Obviously, being on the other side of the mike is very uncomfortable for him. He'll have the off-season to really work on his broadcasting skills and I'm betting we'll see a much-improved Frank next season.