PDA

View Full Version : FOX station finder

Fenway
06-26-2010, 08:29 AM
FOX has a new system online to tell you what game you will get on a given Sat - just enter zipcode

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/baseball/tuneintowin/?nicmp=TITW10&nichn=FSROS&niseg=BANCPED

NYY - LAD going to 60 percent of US
BOS - SF going to 25 percent
CWS - CHC going to 15 percent

21stcenturySox
06-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I"m in the 85% not getting the Sox v Cubs. Is this ballgame blacked out on mlbtv? According to their notices, they have blackouts from noon to 7:05 eastern and this game starts @ 7:10. Thanks in advance for any help here.

Medford Bobby
06-26-2010, 08:43 AM
FOX has a new system online to tell you what game you will get on a given Sat - just enter zipcode

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/baseball/tuneintowin/?nicmp=TITW10&nichn=FSROS&niseg=BANCPED

NYY - LAD going to 60 percent of US
BOS - SF going to 25 percent
CWS - CHC going to 15 percent

Another Saturday that I get 3 games to peak at!!:bandance:

BRDSR
06-26-2010, 08:58 AM
I"m in the 85% not getting the Sox v Cubs. Is this ballgame blacked out on mlbtv? According to their notices, they have blackouts from noon to 7:05 eastern and this game starts @ 7:10. Thanks in advance for any help here.

This is a good question, the answer to which I would also like to know.

Fenway
06-26-2010, 08:58 AM
When FOX televises on Saturday night, Saturday Afternoon games will be available on Extra Innings and MLB.tv and Saturday night games (except late West Coast Starts) will be blacked out.

Can't argue with NYY-LAD being the A game as you have the #1 and #2 markets

BOS-SF goes to New England-NoCal-Oregon and Washington.

CWS-CHC - Illinois-Iowa-Wisconsin

Some markets like Boston get all 3 games with the other 2 games on the FOX digital subchannels but WFLD hasn't spent the $$$$ to do that yet.

harwar
06-26-2010, 09:01 AM

if you check the media guide on mlb.com, all the games that are listed under "national" and not "away" or "home", will be blacked out .. i'm surprised that you're not getting the White Sox as i live on lake wisconsin and i'm getting it ..

Medford Bobby
06-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Tucson does not have the FOX subchannels either....:whiner:

Fenway
06-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Tucson does not have the FOX subchannels either....:whiner:

The Boston FOX station spent a small fortune building new studios a few years back and it was designed for digital.

Channel 5 in New York can't do the sub-channels either.

cws05champ
06-26-2010, 09:36 AM
EVERY weekend here in South Florida I get either a Yankees or RedSox game!! It's so frustrating....guys there are other teams!!!! I don't watch baseball on Fox out of spite.

manders_01
06-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I wrote the FOX station two weeks ago during the Sox @ Scrubs game. Their response to me was that they broadcast based on the most watched teams in this market. I'm not sure how they get that information unless they're gleaning it from Direct TV but here, it's supposedly Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Philles. Since it was a Yanks-Phils game, that's what we got. I find it incredibly hard to believe that a city compromised of a large part of Midwestern, Texan and Californian transplants would relate to those teams but whatever. However, it did elevate my irritation with FOX both local and national. I will continue to think of steps to remedy this problem.

hula
06-26-2010, 10:39 AM
This FOX broadcasting completely sucks, if you ask me! No matter what, watching the WS on Saturdays is not happening as long as they're in the picture! :angry:

Anyway, thanks for posting that link, Fenway....

CanBuehrleWait
06-26-2010, 10:45 AM
EVERY weekend here in South Florida I get either a Yankees or RedSox game!! It's so frustrating....guys there are other teams!!!! I don't watch baseball on Fox out of spite.

I feel your pain :whiner: Ughhh sick of seeing those two

october23sp
06-26-2010, 10:58 AM
North Dakota always gets the Sox game. Must be because they are in the Twins division.

MikeW
06-26-2010, 03:10 PM
I live in CT and I have the mlb package,however because the Sox are on FOX I can't see the game tonite because the Yankees and Dodgers are on BOTH FOX stations. Not only that the Yankees are also on their own channel. No Sox-Cubs game for me.:whiner:

BRDSR
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
I live in CT and I have the mlb package,however because the Sox are on FOX I can't see the game tonite because the Yankees and Dodgers are on BOTH FOX stations. Not only that the Yankees are also on their own channel. No Sox-Cubs game for me.:whiner:

MLB Audio is still available...that's my plan, I guess.

cnw8052
06-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Disregard. They switched to Chicago.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-26-2010, 06:11 PM
**** you and your blackouts Fox

Go **** yourselves

I'm ****ing sick of this ****

oh and **** the yankees

Madscout
06-26-2010, 07:29 PM
http://www.posterart.com/ourposters/newyorker.htmlhttp://www.posterart.com/ourposters/newyorker.html

asindc
06-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Well, being here in DC, I'm totally out of luck if I want to avoid the Yanks on FOX Saturday. I just wish WGN would broadcast to those who are not blacked out in the Chicago market.

manders_01
06-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Well this may be a blessing in disguise for me. I have been able to listen to all of the game thus far where as if I was able to watch it online, my computer would have crashed multiple times. I can therefore chalk up my computer woes to my video card. So yay.

pudge
06-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Who doesn't hate this FOX blackout b.s.? Gotta love MLB, bury one of your best games of the summer all for an extra buck. Way to market your game, fellas. At least give it to the people who have paid for Extra Innings.

That leaves me at the park on public Wi-Fi checkin' the WSI game thread!