PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but...

whitesox4eva
06-25-2010, 02:39 AM
How insane would it be if we continued our streak and texas continued theirs until we met each other. Think about it, its not super unlikely because both teams are red hot now.

We have a 3 game series with the cubbies and a 3 game series versus the royals, if we maintain our dominant pitching we should definitely be able to shut down those offenses.

The Rangers have a 3 game series starting today (Friday) with the astros, which should obviously be a push over for them given the streak they are on and a two game series with the angels, which they could win without much of a problem.

If this happened (its baseball anything can happen) the sox will have been on a 15 game winning streak and the rangers would be on a 16 game winning streak. How epic of a series would that be :mg:.

Crede24Thome25
06-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing a few hours ago, the sports world would eat this up.

RadioheadRocks
06-25-2010, 03:11 AM
Naah, ESPN would still find SOME way to bury it 40 minutes into their Sports Center telecast. :rolleyes:

guillensdisciple
06-25-2010, 03:39 AM
Naah, ESPN would still find SOME way to bury it 40 minutes into their Sports Center telecast. :rolleyes:

Well, you have to admit that most of us are far more interested in hearing about New York and Boston than we are about the other sports towns in the states.

Yep, only two cities matter.

RadioheadRocks
06-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Not to mention, "Hey look, Strasburg is pitching against the Ippolito School of Cosmetology!!!!!"

Plus it will be just about that time when Brett Favre decides to hijack the baseball season with his "will he or won't he retire" crap. :rolleyes:

Thome_Fan
06-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Not to mention, "Hey look, Strasburg is pitching against the Ippolito School of Cosmetology!!!!!"

:rolling:

Touche, salesman.

hawkjt
06-25-2010, 10:28 AM
cool off before the Sox go to Texas. That place is tough on the Sox anyway,and will be 110 degrees...I wish we did not have to go down there and get zapped by that heat. The Angels are playing well also and the Sox get them right after Texas...could be a tough stretch for the Sox.

Hitmen77
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Well, you have to admit that most of us are far more interested in hearing about New York and Boston than we are about the other sports towns in the states.

Yep, only two cities matter.

Yep. That's exactly how MLB is covered.

The national media would briefly mention such a Sox-Rangers match up and then go on to the latest NYY-Bos drama.

harwar
06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
cool off before the Sox go to Texas. That place is tough on the Sox anyway,and will be 110 degrees...I wish we did not have to go down there and get zapped by that heat. The Angels are playing well also and the Sox get them right after Texas...could be a tough stretch for the Sox.

i lived in Dallas a few years and the heat can be overwhelming .. i would have visitors during the summer who not leave the house or the pool .. and at night the temp may drop but the humidity goes up and you feel like you're in a hothouse .. also, that team can hit,with or without that fast infield ..

chisoxfan4life
06-25-2010, 04:53 PM
IIRC the Braves were on a 7 game win streak coming in to this past series, we were obviously riding 6 in a row. That is fairly rare, yet it didn't seem to get any attention.

SephClone89
06-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Well, hopefully we'll be talking about a quarterfinal or semi-final appearance for the US, so so be it!

TheVulture
06-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Even if the streaks end, but both clubs still win 4 or 5 of their games in these two series, it's going to be epic.

konerko 14
06-25-2010, 06:57 PM
That would be a awesome series to watch, also a great test for the Sox.

Red Barchetta
06-25-2010, 07:00 PM

You're right....and they would break into Manny Ramirez standing in the on-deck circle at Fenway. :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2010, 07:01 PM
MLB Network >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sports Center

The MLB Network would eat it up.

Johnny Mostil
06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
IIRC the Braves were on a 7 game win streak coming in to this past series, we were obviously riding 6 in a row. That is fairly rare, yet it didn't seem to get any attention.

And I doubt this would get much. Maybe for the first night as an oddity, but then one of the team's streaks will end. And if the other team wins the second night, then this would be forgotten.

Shoeless
06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
MLB Network >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sports Center

The MLB Network would eat it up.
WGN news at 9 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sports Center

chisox616
06-25-2010, 07:24 PM
You're right....and they would break into Manny Ramirez standing in the on-deck circle at Fenway. :rolleyes:

The fact that MLB Network cut to him in the middle of the Sox vs. Strasburg's game, just standing there swinging, made me furious.

gosox41
06-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing a few hours ago, the sports world would eat this up.

Right after ESPN reports about Jeter's bowel movement.

Bob