PDA

View Full Version : Does a better second half beckon?

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Traditionally, we have better second halves than first halves. Like the rest of you, I was impressed with how Todd Ritchie pitched tonight. As far as our hitters were concerned, I think we were just overwhelmed by ace Tom Glavine. If we get more performances like that out of Ritchie, we will get White Sox winners with them.

Of course, the only real thing that could stop us from having a good second half -- other than injuries or Nardi mound visits -- is...Donald Fehr.

Daver
06-21-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Traditionally, we have better second halves than first halves. Like the rest of you, I was impressed with how Todd Ritchie pitched tonight. As far as our hitters were concerned, I think we were just overwhelmed by ace Tom Glavine. If we get more performances like that out of Ritchie, we will get White Sox winners with them.

Of course, the only real thing that could stop us from having a good second half -- other than injuries or Nardi mound visits -- is...Donald Fehr.

Blaming Fehr without tossing half the blame to Bud is ludicrous.

Get real.

RKMeibalane
06-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Right after he made his mound visit to give Ritchie the scouting report on Darren Bragg, Tood gave a single that moved Garcia to third. Garcia scored the winning run.

:firenardi

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by daver

Blaming Fehr without tossing half the blame to Bud is ludicrous.

Get real.

You are right about Uncle Bud, but I think Fehr will be the catalyst.

Daver
06-21-2002, 09:47 PM

You are right about Uncle Bud, but I think Fehr will be the catalyst.

Of course he will,the players have no choice but to strike,Bud could have gotten everything he wanted by letting the Expos go bankrupt,he chose not to.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-21-2002, 09:47 PM

I hope you are right. this 1st half has been pretty brutal.

Lip Man 1
06-21-2002, 09:52 PM
I agree with Daver's contention.

Yea it'll be a shame for all these "so called" easy wins against Tampa Bay, Detroit, Kansas City and Toronto to get cancelled.

Hopefully the Sox will be at least a game over.500 when the labor impasse shuts down the season, at least then some good memories will come out of this disappointing campaign.

Lip

Soxheads
06-21-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
at least then some good memories will come out of this disappointing campaign.

Lip

I dunno about that.

ChiSoxBobette
06-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Lets hope so because everytime you hear manuel talk so far this season it's sounds like he's playing to just stay up there with the twinkies & make a run in the 2nd half.
GO WHITE SOX
MAYBE manuel's BRAIN WILL WAKEUP IN TIME FOR THE 2nd HALF OF THE SEASON! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

oldcomiskey
06-22-2002, 10:38 AM
this time the blame lies squrely on the shoulders of uncle alvin---Ive said it before and it bears repeating here------you cannot EXpand in 1993--the CONTRACT in 2003-----

oldcomiskey
06-22-2002, 10:39 AM
now to answer the original question: we'd better

Dadawg_77
06-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
this time the blame lies squrely on the shoulders of uncle alvin---Ive said it before and it bears repeating here------you cannot EXpand in 1993--the CONTRACT in 2003-----

Collusion has to go down as the worse move by an ownership group ever. We are still feeling its effects, with the lack of trust and the unneeded expansion in 93.