PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Cubs @ Sox series

GoGoCrede
06-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Was thinking about going tomorrow or Saturday. Anyone else going?

soxlady8
06-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I am going tomorrow and Sunday .
Tomorrow I will be by the pen and then Sunday in the upper deck.

It should be interesting :)

Harry Potter
06-24-2010, 11:43 PM
I'll be there in my season ticket home tomorrow.

DumpJerry
06-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Haven't gone in about three years. The series lost its novelty long ago. I get good $$ on StubHub for my tix.

soxlady8
06-24-2010, 11:48 PM
What do I need to know?

I haven't been to a game since I was smaller and I don't remember it too well.

I hear there is tons of smack talking and alot of rude behavior.
I am not there to cause trouble , I just want to see the game w.o. as much drama as possible.

GoGoCrede
06-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Haven't gone in about three years. The series lost its novelty long ago. I get good $$ on StubHub for my tix.

Yeah, when you told me how much you usually get for those tickets on Stubhub I was blown away. And jealous.

There are some fairly inexpensive tickets available for tomorrow and Saturday, so I'm trying to decide which one I should go to.

GoGoCrede
06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
What do I need to know?

I haven't been to a game since I was smaller and I don't remember it too well.

I hear there is tons of smack talking and alot of rude behavior.
I am not there to cause trouble , I just want to see the game w.o. as much drama as possible.

I'm guessing just don't heckle anyone, and wear something you won't mind getting sprayed in beer, if you're in close proximity to a fight. :tongue:

VMSNS
06-24-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm going tomorrow with my brother and some friends. Seats are a few rows behind the dugout on the 3rd-base side.

I had the opportunity to get some cheap seats for Saturday's game as well, but I have to go to a wedding that day.

I don't like that the series brings out the worst in people, but I've been going for the past three or four years so it's kind of a tradition now.

soxlady8
06-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Well I think the high majority of the people going will be SOX fans.
I know some of my Cub fan friends who originally wanted to go to the game and were planning to get last minute tickets opted out.

I see alot of tickets available on Craig's List and I am assuming it is CUB fans selling them (because the high majority of tickets listed there are always CUBS games ).

Hopefully I will be by many Sox fans and there won't be too many issues.

Foulke You
06-25-2010, 01:43 AM
I will be there tomorrow and hope to see Zambozo get lit up and see this thing extended to 10. Weather is supposed to be great too.

whitesox4eva
06-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Lets send big Z back to the bullpen :tongue:

HomeFish
06-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Ha, I'd like to go to a game, but it's not exactly the kind of thing you can just show up to and get a cheap seat for.

BadBobbyJenks
06-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Still love this series and I will still go every year. Ill be there Saturday.

#1swisher
06-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Friday and Sunday, never had a problem at either stadium.:cool:

DumpJerry
06-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Well I think the high majority of the people going will be SOX fans.
I know some of my Cub fan friends who originally wanted to go to the game and were planning to get last minute tickets opted out.

I see alot of tickets available on Craig's List and I am assuming it is CUB fans selling them (because the high majority of tickets listed there are always CUBS games ).

Hopefully I will be by many Sox fans and there won't be too many issues.

Friday and Sunday, never had a problem at either stadium.:cool:
I've been to the games at both stadiums. Sat in the Bleachers at The Urinal. Never witnessed any trash talking (did, however hear some very stupid comments from Cub "fans" showing their ignorance of the game). The punch I saw thrown at any of the games was Barrett hitting AJ.

SOXfnNlansing
06-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Going today and tomorrow night.

WhiffleBall
06-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Ha, I'd like to go to a game, but it's not exactly the kind of thing you can just show up to and get a cheap seat for.

There are plenty of reasonably priced to down right cheap tickets available for these games, especially today's game. Craigslist will be the cheapest but there are some deals to be had on stubhub especially as sellers get nervous closer to game time. The cubs fans are not buying like they usually do which has depressed prices.

HomeFish
06-25-2010, 09:11 AM
There are plenty of reasonably priced to down right cheap tickets available for these games, especially today's game. Craigslist will be the cheapest but there are some deals to be had on stubhub especially as sellers get nervous closer to game time. The cubs fans are not buying like they usually do which has depressed prices.

How soon before the game does StubHub cease to sell downloadable tickets?

WhiffleBall
06-25-2010, 09:19 AM
How soon before the game does StubHub cease to sell downloadable tickets?

One hour before the start of the game. There are currently 1232 tickets on stubhub for todays game. UD tix are selling for below face value.

Chez
06-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Still love this series and I will still go every year.

Me too! I'm going this afternoon and Sunday.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
I will be there on Saturday night. I sold my Sunday tickets.

Sockinchisox
06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I'll be there today.

lizard6king6
06-25-2010, 10:13 AM
One hour before the start of the game. There are currently 1232 tickets on stubhub for todays game. UD tix are selling for below face value.
I bought 4 tix on ebay for $22 a piece 2 days ago section 528 :bandance: $18 below face thank you very much :) Ok my brag time is over

ohthosechisox
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
It will be my first time going to any Sox/Cubs series tomorrow. My mom came home from work yesterday with 2 free tickets, so I couldn't turn them down. :)

GoGoCrede
06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Okay, definitely going this weekend. I'm hoping Sox fans will be in the vast majority because of our recent streak. For people who have gone in the past, how is the usual mix of fans?

Chez
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Okay, definitely going this weekend. I'm hoping Sox fans will be in the vast majority because of our recent streak. For people who have gone in the past, how is the usual mix of fans?

In a typical year (if there is such a thing), I think it's 70/30 Sox fans to Cub fans ratio. This year, I would expect it to be closer to 80/20.