PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Castro and Hudson for Adam Dunn?

asindc
06-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Interestingly enough, a Nats fan casually suggested this when asked by another Sox fan (not me) what would it take to get Dunn. This is the alternative to his first choice of Thornton/Flowers. For the record, no other Nats fan on the board endorsed either of these proposals.

It's Dankerific
06-24-2010, 06:40 PM
No way. we should have signed him if we wanted him.

getonbckthr
06-24-2010, 06:44 PM
If i'm trading Hudson for a lefty bat it better be Prince Fielder or adrian Gonzalez.

DumpJerry
06-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Is Donny Lucy for real as a backup to AJ? He showed some promise this year.

Hudson............hard to part with a pitcher from the Pitcher Factory also known as Old Dominion.

mzh
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Is Donny Lucy for real as a backup to AJ? He showed some promise this year.

Hudson............hard to part with a pitcher from the Pitcher Factory also known as Old Dominion.
If this kid Sale looks like he's for real and starts putting himself in a position to fulfill the terms of his contract, I might do it, provided we can extend Dunn.

DonnieDarko
06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
If this kid Sale looks like he's for real and starts putting himself in a position to fulfill the terms of his contract, I might do it, provided we can extend Dunn.

Only the most logical conclusion to come to. Which is why it should also be logical to come to the conclusion that it's just not going to happen. :(:

sox1970
06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
If i'm trading Hudson for a lefty bat it better be Prince Fielder or adrian Gonzalez.

And you can forget about Gonzalez now, obviously.

Brewers need pitching, pitching, and more pitching. For Fielder, I'd give them Hudson and any three other prospects they want. I just don't know if the Sox have that.

Craig Grebeck
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
No.

Tragg
06-24-2010, 09:07 PM
No way. we should have signed him if we wanted him.

Agree

My goodness, trade our best prospect for 1/2 a season of Dunn?

And Konerko has "no trade value"

doublem23
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Yes.

Pardon me for having no faith in any White Sox prospect, I'd much rather dump Hudson before he ruins his trade value by proving he can't play at the Major League level.

I would not trade Thornton. For anything.

munchman33
06-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes.

Pardon me for having no faith in any White Sox prospect, I'd much rather dump Hudson before he ruins his trade value by proving he can't play at the Major League level.

No kidding. Not to mention...the pitching has been great, but the offense is still hit or miss. A guy like Dunn can fix that easy.

Frater Perdurabo
06-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Not even a five-team deal where we send Thornton to the Pirates and get Mauer, Halladay, Pujols and cash in return? :bandance:

soxfanreggie
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Not even a five-team deal where we send Thornton to the Pirates and get Mauer, Halladay, Pujols and cash in return? :bandance:

I was just about to ask about a trade where we got Pujols or Hanley Ramirez in return.

Marqhead
06-24-2010, 10:35 PM

No, it's Matt ****ing Thornton people!

balke
06-25-2010, 05:22 AM
No kidding. Not to mention...the pitching has been great, but the offense is still hit or miss. A guy like Dunn can fix that easy.

The pitching even with this hot streak is 21st in the MLB. Hudson is an actual pitcher backing up this staff. If someone goes down you need a pitcher who can step in and not get rocked. Hudson so far has shown he can at least be a 5th starter. Sale at this point is a reliever - at least til next year.

FielderJones
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
The pitching even with this hot streak is 21st in the MLB.

21st in what stat?

doublem23
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM
I was just about to ask about a trade where we got Pujols or Hanley Ramirez in return.

Um, we already have a 1B and SS. :tongue:

I would just like to reitterate my point that I would trade just about anyone in the organization for Dunn. He's basically exactly what this team needs, a left-handed, power-hitting DH/COF/1B type that can also get on base. I mean, am I missing something here?

LF Pierre
3B Vizquel
CF Rios
DH Dunn
1B Konerko
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
SS Alexei
2B Bacon

Are you guys kidding me?

white sox bill
06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
No this would be a Dunn trade :smile:

soltrain21
06-25-2010, 10:53 AM
In a heartbeat I would do this trade.

asindc
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Um, we already have a 1B and SS. :tongue:

I would just like to reitterate my point that I would trade just about anyone in the organization for Dunn. He's basically exactly what this team needs, a left-handed, power-hitting DH/COF/1B type that can also get on base. I mean, am I missing something here?

LF Pierre
3B Vizquel
CF Rios
DH Dunn
1B Konerko
RF Quentin
C Pierzynski
SS Alexei
2B Bacon

Are you guys kidding me?

Not arguing against your point here, but it is worth noting that Dunn plays 1B like a DH, worse than Teahen at 3B, and no, I'm not joking.

doublem23
06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Not arguing against your point here, but it is worth noting that Dunn plays 1B like a DH, worse than Teahen at 3B, and no, I'm not joking.

That's fine, this organization hasn't filled its vacancy at DH since last September.

pythons007
06-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Dunn would be a monster at the Cell. I mean a MONSTER! Like Jaba the Hut or Pizza the Hut.

balke
06-25-2010, 11:27 AM
21st in what stat?

20th in ERA now (stats updated since this morning)
15th in BAA
18th in wins.
middle of the pack in QS and SHO

And this is after an amazing stretch of pitching.

asindc
06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
20th in ERA now (stats updated since this morning)
15th in BAA
18th in wins.
middle of the pack in QS and SHO

And this is after an amazing stretch of pitching.

Another stat worth noting is that the Sox have the fewest innings pitched by its relievers in the AL Central.

balke
06-25-2010, 11:41 AM

12 million dollars, a career .250 avg. (In the NL), and Hudson being 9-3 with 92 K's through 76.1 IP, and no other (ready) good pitching prospect to back up the rotation.

Its not an easy no risk move. Its not a bad trade but its doesn't come without risk. Hudson looks like a decent #3 right now.