PDA

View Full Version : J. Hood Baling Game Onn Frank For His Defense On The Bunt...


kevingrt
06-21-2002, 09:19 PM
He says Frank lost the game because he couldn't get the ball to 1st for Marte. I don't think J. Hood watched the game because he would have noticed there was 1 out and the out at 1st would have been nothing!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
He says Frank lost the game because he couldn't get the ball to 1st for Marte. I don't think J. Hood watched the game because he would have noticed there was 1 out and the out at 1st would have been nothing!!!

This guy knows nothing about baseball, must be a flubbie fan in disguise.

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 09:20 PM
The runner still would have scored. It's a moot point. I think J. Hood, a big Sox fan just like all of us, is just frustrated that we lost the game.

I think he is just using this as a platform to criticize Jerry Manuel for starting Thomas instead of Paul Konerko. Before the game, such a criticism would have made a lot of sense. Thomas was hitting .189 with 14 K's since June 1st. Konerko, meanwhile, was hitting the cover off the ball. But it was Frank that had the better game overall, despite his defensive lapse that proved to be a moot point because no more damage was done after the Braves pulled off the squeeze. Despite the defensive lapse, this somewhat vindicates Manuel's decision to play Frank who went 2-for-2 with two walks plus an RBI. All Paulie did tonight is strike out with a duck on the pond.

I am not staying we should start Frank tommorow; start Paulie. Nevertheless, Frank Thomas did his job tonight. Again, that run would have scored if Konerko or anybody was playing first.

Daver
06-21-2002, 09:21 PM
The runner would have been safe at first no matter what,so what is the big deal?

RKMeibalane
06-21-2002, 09:22 PM
Agreed. That run would have scored regardless of whether Frank fielded that ball cleanly. Besides, that play nonwithstanding, I thought Frank did a nice job at first tonight. It puzzles me when people blame others without getting their facts straight. This is, of course, something typical of Cubs fans- *COUGH* Mike North *COUGH*.

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND


This guy knows nothing about baseball, must be a flubbie fan in disguise.

Wrong on Count Two. J. Hood is a big Sox fan.

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 09:41 PM
Of course, a Score caller made an interesting point, not that I necessarily agree with it. The caller said that Manuel should have done a double-switch and brought Konerko (batting 9th) in with Marté. That way, the Braves might have been forced bunt toward third and perhaps prevented the run from scoring. That is a good point, but it's only a "What if?"

Daver
06-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Of course, a Score caller made an interesting point, not that I necessarily agree with it. The caller said that Manuel should have done a double-switch and brought Konerko (batting 9th) in with Marté. That way, the Braves might have been forced bunt toward third and perhaps prevented the run from scoring. That is a good point, but it's only a "What if?"

Umm,they still would have bunted to first,Frank moves quicker than Paul does,and Bobby Cox is not one of the best managers in the game for nothing.

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 10:07 PM
J. Hood backpeddled and said that the runner probably would have been safe. Evidently, he believed there were two outs at the time. There was one out.

Tragg
06-21-2002, 10:41 PM
My only point would be that it was patently obvious that the braves were going to bunt (furcal led the game fof with a bunt, for one bit of obviousness).

On a side note, the new Carlos Lee came to a sudden halt this evening.

baggio202
06-22-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by daver


Umm,they still would have bunted to first,Frank moves quicker than Paul does,and Bobby Cox is not one of the best managers in the game for nothing.

on baseball tonight furcal said he bunted on his own..which is why it looked like a safety squeeze...heads up play by furcal and the runner to recognize it so quickly and take off and score...no one was gonna stop that play..great bunt

remember back when mark johnson tried to bunt on his own and lee got picked off third??...doing the little things really make it an easy game

doublem23
06-22-2002, 07:28 AM
J. Hood is an idiot. He's spewing out garbage because everyone's figured out he's an idiot. Do I hear crashing ratings?

Intelligent sports talk in Chicago? THERE's an oxymoron.