PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Back

pythons007
06-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Going into the games today I like the White Sox chances of picking up yet another game on the Twins. The Twins are faced with getting swept by the Brewers and facing one of the best young pitchers in baseball, Yavoni Gallardo.

The White Sox on the other hand are going for yet another sweep against one of the hottest and best teams in the NL. However they are sending to the mound one of the best career pitchers in the month of June (I think this is a viable stat), Gavin Floyd.

I like the White Sox chances getting within 2.5 before dinner today!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

eriqjaffe
06-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Am I missing something? According to the standings on mlb.com, the Tigers are 3.5 games back, the Sox are 5.5 games back.

doublem23
06-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Am I missing something? According to the standings on mlb.com, the Tigers are 3.5 games back, the Sox are 5.5 games back.

That column is WCGB, games behind the Wild Card leader. The column to the left is standard GB, games behind the division leader.

harwar
06-24-2010, 09:37 AM
and Carlos is starting to come alive .. he has more rbi's than Alex Rios .. the worm has definitely turned for us ..

#1swisher
06-24-2010, 10:35 AM
One game at a time...Nine would be fine:cool:

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Would I like to see 9? Definitely. But, winning the series is more important to me. Losing today, then taking the 1st game against the Cubs is more important IMO.

munchman33
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm trying not to get too excited considering all of this is conveniently happening against N.L. teams. We still don't even play .500 against the crappy A.L. teams, let alone the Twins. I'll reserve judgment for another month, but they've got my attention.

eriqjaffe
06-24-2010, 11:37 AM
That column is WCGB, games behind the Wild Card leader. The column to the left is standard GB, games behind the division leader.Ah, OK. I missed that, but I don't really pay a lot of attention to the wild card standings until much later in the season.

pythons007
06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Would I like to see 9? Definitely. But, winning the series is more important to me. Losing today, then taking the 1st game against the Cubs is more important IMO.

How is losing today and winning tomorrow more important? Winning a series is all fine and dandy, but when you have a chance to sweep a team you do it, especially when you're on a streak like the White Sox are on.

LoveYourSuit
06-24-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm trying not to get too excited considering all of this is conveniently happening against N.L. teams. We still don't even play .500 against the crappy A.L. teams, let alone the Twins. I'll reserve judgment for another month, but they've got my attention.

Best way to handle it.

soxinem1
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM

More important than winning today and tomorrow against CHC?:scratch::smile:

Honestly, I would hate to see the streak end against the cubs.

doublem23
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
More important than winning today and tomorrow against CHC?:scratch::smile:

Honestly, I would hate to see the streak end against the cubs.

Let's just make it 12 and move on to Kansas City.

soxnut1018
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Let's just make it 12 and move on to Kansas City.

Well if we're going to KC, might as well make it 15.

pythons007
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm a damn genius!

Gavin
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
It's going to be very painful when the Sox eventually lose.

rdwj
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM

Not if they're in first by a few games by then

Red Barchetta
06-24-2010, 04:03 PM
How is losing today and winning tomorrow more important? Winning a series is all fine and dandy, but when you have a chance to sweep a team you do it, especially when you're on a streak like the White Sox are on.

I agree. I know I was getting tired of the "win the series" attitude. Go for the kill when available! Come the end of the season, it doesn't matter how or who you got the win against as they all count when your either chasing or holding a 1-2 game lead!

Hitmen77
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
The good news is that the schedule this weekend gives the Sox a good opportunity to pick up even more ground. We're playing a Cubs team that has been playing poorly while the Tigers go to Atlanta to play a team that is outstanding at home and the Twins go to NY to face a red hot Mets team.

That being said, I'm not expecting a cakewalk for the Sox this weekend. No matter how bad the Scrubs happen to be, we sometimes have trouble putting them away.

october23sp
06-24-2010, 05:06 PM

No it won't. it will be painful if we have a losing streak of 3 or more though.