PDA

View Full Version : Rios

LITTLE NELL
06-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Could not see the game last night but noticed in the box score that Jones replaced Rios in the late innings, was Rios injured?

Irishsoxfan
06-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Didn't see it either but read it was just a defensive replacement

whitesox4eva
06-24-2010, 06:23 AM
No he was ejected because he must have said something to the umpire after he struck out in the bottom of the 8th inning. He was probably commenting about the HORRID strike zone the ump had during the game and if I remember correctly he had a strike called against him that was pretty bad in that AB. The ump seemed to have tossed him pretty fast too, I didn't even know he was tossed or anything until hawk said something about it.

LITTLE NELL
06-24-2010, 06:24 AM
Didn't see it either but read it was just a defensive replacement

Thanks Irish, most of the people in Chicago are still sleeping but its like 12:30pm in Ireland; right?
Do you get to see many Sox games in Dublin?

whitesox4eva
06-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Thanks Irish, most of the people in Chicago are still sleeping but its like 12:30pm in Ireland; right?

I haven't went to sleep yet and I live in Chicago lol. Its 5:30am here now :tongue:

LITTLE NELL
06-24-2010, 06:30 AM
No he was ejected because he must have said something to the umpire after he struck out in the bottom of the 8th inning. He was probably commenting about the HORRID strike zone the ump had during the game and if I remember correctly he had a strike called against him that was pretty bad in that AB. The ump seemed to have tossed him pretty fast too, I didn't even know he was tossed or anything until hawk said something about it.

Thanks, now get some sleep.

whitesox4eva
06-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks, now get some sleep.

Yes sir lol. Goodnight :sleep::gosox:

DumpJerry
06-24-2010, 08:30 AM
He got tossed by the ump for disobedience.

Bruizer
06-24-2010, 08:38 AM
He said something to the ump as he was walking towards the dugout after a called third strike. The ump tossed him pretty fast, but Rios didn't object to it - he just kept walking.

doublem23
06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
He said something to the ump as he was walking towards the dugout after a called third strike. The ump tossed him pretty fast, but Rios didn't object to it - he just kept walking.

Yeah, I think he must have known he said the magic word.

asindc
06-24-2010, 09:30 AM
I went to bed just after Rios struck out (I was following on Gameday), thinking that Bobby is throwing well enough to make me feel secure about the victory (definitely did NOT feel that way in April or May). I was surprised to see in the box score that Alex had been replaced by Andruw in CF, and immediately worried that Alex had been hurt somehow. I was relieved to check the summary and find out he had been tossed.

Irishsoxfan
06-24-2010, 10:52 AM

It was 11.30am here when I posted. I regularly see 4 games a week, the noon/1pm games live and Friday night & Saturday night games by watching them early on Saturday/Sunday morning via mlb.tv. I do most of my WSI reading in work in the mornings.

JC456
06-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I would like to have seen a replay, but I was at the game. The called third strike from my seat was pretty bad. Looked high and outside and by high, shoulder high. Probably why Rios told him to f-off if that's what he said. it was quick so it had to be some phrase like that. Plus the call was delayed. Wasn't like he rung him right up,

doublem23
06-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I would like to have seen a replay, but I was at the game. The called third strike from my seat was pretty bad. Looked high and outside and by high, shoulder high. Probably why Rios told him to f-off if that's what he said. it was quick so it had to be some phrase like that. Plus the call was delayed. Wasn't like he rung him right up,

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/numlocation.php?pitchSel=493416&game=gid_2010_06_23_atlmlb_chamlb_1/&batterX=63&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3

It was a ball, but it wasn't that far off. If you look at the plots from last night's game, though, the strike zone was really all over the place.

JC456
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM
It was a ball, but it wasn't that far off. If you look at the plots from last night's game, though, the strike zone was really all over the place.
Well again from the third row of the right field seats, it looked outside and high at his shoulders. And like I said it wasn't like he rung him right up. It was like he had appealed the pitch and then called him out. If you look at the graph you sent, it shows 1 and 4 about the same place and it was 50/50. that ain't good for a hitter especially when the second 50% is stirke three. That is unfair and will always be unfair. And hence his reaction.

MARTINMVP
06-24-2010, 05:25 PM

That strike was a bad call. Hawk was correct when he said that the strike zone was changing all night.