PDA

View Full Version : White Sox play and your summer

tony1972
06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
This may sound ridiculous...but do you feel like you have part of your summer back with the Sox playing well for the first time in 2 years?

I know there's a lot of things to do in summer..but when the Sox are having a bad season (as they were a few weeks ago)..it just feels like a part of summer is missing. I consider watching the Sox and going to the games a big part of my summer each year..and when they stink. It's a feeling almost that it's not a real summer.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels like this? I know it sounds ridiculous right...? but that's how I feel...

october23sp
06-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm actually with you 100%, when I am not doing something on summer nights, I love being able to watch the Sox. With me working nights some nights during the week it makes it about 10x better that they are doing well.

thomas35forever
06-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I will admit it's nice to look forward to this team playing again. I guess I figure that the Sox sucked for the first two months so I could concentrate on school first and then decided to win when I got out.:cool:

GoGoCrede
06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
I was still planning on going to games no matter what this summer, but this recent streak has inspired me to go to more. I'm lucky that the park is only an el ride away. The Sox are my main source of entertainment in the summer.

HomeFish
06-24-2010, 12:41 AM
No, I actually feel like I have a lot less free time this summer now that the Sox are playing well. I now spend hours each day watching the game on TV or going out to the ballpark.

Nelfox02
06-24-2010, 12:42 AM
This may sound ridiculous...but do you feel like you have part of your summer back with the Sox playing well for the first time in 2 years?

I know there's a lot of things to do in summer..but when the Sox are having a bad season (as they were a few weeks ago)..it just feels like a part of summer is missing. I consider watching the Sox and going to the games a big part of my summer each year..and when they stink. It's a feeling almost that it's not a real summer.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels like this? I know it sounds ridiculous right...? but that's how I feel...

110% with you on this---everything is better when the Sox are playing well....sun shines a bit brighter, pool is colder, beer tastes better....you name it baseball has, and always will be a huge part of my summer, for better or worse

doublem23
06-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Totally, their hot streak coincides with me taking a new job, too, so I'll be at the park a lot more the 2nd half of the year.

hawkjt
06-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Actually, the Sox played fine last year thru July,leading until after MB's perfecto jinxed them..so last year was normal for most of the summer...Sox in contention,hanging on every game...until Sept anyway.
2008 was good also...obviously.

No, this April and May were the real aberrations for my summer plans. It was killing my desire to go out to games..0-6 in my first 6 games in 40-something temps...broke that streak last nite and had a great time.

Now, it does feel like it is back to normal...Sox in contention,hanging on every game...thru Sept this year,hopefully.
Summer just aint the same unless the Sox are in the hunt.

Crede24Thome25
06-24-2010, 02:00 AM
No, I actually feel like I have a lot less free time this summer now that the Sox are playing well. I now spend hours each day watching the game on TV or going out to the ballpark.
I agree 100%, basically my schedule now consists of watching games at home or at the Cell.

BadBobbyJenks
06-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Absolutely, already had 10 or so games bought, but they were not must see tv most nights like they normally are. I was beginning to think what in the world I was going to do with myself if things got even worse.