PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Beckham

Slappy
06-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Sox scored 9 runs last night. Every player on the team had at least one hit except one. Guess who?

Gordon looks like a double-A player out there. What does it say about our team that we don't have anyone else that can outperform the numbers Gordon's put up all year, for at least a few weeks while he figures something out. Maybe it needs to be longer than that, I dunno.

Also, I'm noticing people love to pick on Mark Kotsay around here while giving Gordon a free pass. I know Kotsay doesn't run sexy like Beckham nor does he have great (as much) hair as him either, but lets face the facts.

Gordon Beckham:

46/228 AB 25 Runs 1 HR 16 RBI 4 SB's .202 AVG .527 OPS

Mark Kotsay:

29/140 AB 16 Runs 6 HR 16 RBI 1 SB .207 AVG .675 OPS

In 88 fewer at-bats...

You look around the league and when other teams' rookie players (Gordon is basically a rookie) are struggling, they are sent to AAA to deal with it. Not only does this look bad on us from an organizational stand point, but it can only hurt Gordon in the long run.

hi im skot
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Did you watch the game last night?

Beckham hit the ball hard twice, but both times it was right at someone.

I'm frustrated, too, but he looked good at the plate last night.

TheOldRoman
06-23-2010, 04:20 PM

:yup:

Foulke You
06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Also, defensively Gordon is our best option at 2B right now. I think the starting job is going to be Beckham's unless Kenny pulls off a trade to improve the club at that spot. Quentin is slowly rising from the ashes, it would be nice if Beckham turns it on along with him. If he starts hitting like last year, this offense has a chance to be very good.

esbrechtel
06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
so Kotsay should play 2nd?:?:

LoveYourSuit
06-23-2010, 04:23 PM

I keep hearing this and yet I don't see it. He still looks way lost up there. His strikeouts are scarry.

WhiteSox1989
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I keep hearing this and yet I don't see it. He still looks way lost up there. His strikeouts are scarry.
That's really superficial.

I've never noticed his scars.:smile:

Slappy
06-23-2010, 04:45 PM
so Kotsay should play 2nd?:?:

Kotsays fielding percentage this year: 1.000

Beckhams: .977

hawkjt
06-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Gordo is hitting better,just not getting them to fall in yet. He is playing very solid defense. The Sox will hang in there with him.

TomBradley72
06-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Gordo is hitting better,just not getting them to fall in yet. He is playing very solid defense. The Sox will hang in there with him.

+ 1

In addition, no one in the organization to backfill him anyway, unless someone wants to see Lillibridge or Vizquel (with Viciedo at 3rd).

Soxgirl22
06-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I completely agree with hi im skot... his swing is looking so much better and he's hitting it hard. That's the sign of someone coming out of a slump... eventually those hard hits are going to find the grass.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Sox scored 9 runs last night. Every player on the team had at least one hit except one. Guess who?

Gordon looks like a double-A player out there. What does it say about our team that we don't have anyone else that can outperform the numbers Gordon's put up all year, for at least a few weeks while he figures something out. Maybe it needs to be longer than that, I dunno.

Also, I'm noticing people love to pick on Mark Kotsay around here while giving Gordon a free pass. I know Kotsay doesn't run sexy like Beckham nor does he have great (as much) hair as him either, but lets face the facts.

Gordon Beckham:

46/228 AB 25 Runs 1 HR 16 RBI 4 SB's .202 AVG .527 OPS

Mark Kotsay:

29/140 AB 16 Runs 6 HR 16 RBI 1 SB .207 AVG .675 OPS

In 88 fewer at-bats...

You look around the league and when other teams' rookie players (Gordon is basically a rookie) are struggling, they are sent to AAA to deal with it. Not only does this look bad on us from an organizational stand point, but it can only hurt Gordon in the long run.

I don't see the relationship between Gordon Beckham's development and the performance of a 34 year old journeyman.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
A bad as he as been, recently, he is hitting into bad luck. Not Alex Rios bad luck, but bad luck. If he weren't hitting it to speedy outfielders or right at someone all the time, he'd probably be batting .220 right now and would probably break out of the slump completely with the way he's making contact. But no, he hits it to people, then he tries to hard to hit it over their heads then he strikes out. It's all in his head, and I think he need to go to the minors.

I say let Viciedo try 3rd, and put Vizquel at 2nd... and go from there. It can't get any worse than Beckham, and when Teahen get's back, someone has to do some sitting. If Beckham finds himself in the minors, we can ease him in and see if Viciedo is better than Teahen. I don't know, but something has to be done.

I'm really dissapointed, he was the most exciting player on the Sox last year and now he can't hit. He was supposed to be a 20HR+ guy, now he'd be lucky to get 10. This is near the time he got called up last year... maybe he has the Alexei Ramirez curse. At least his defense is good at 2nd.

TomBradley72
06-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I say let Viciedo try 3rd, and put Vizquel at 2nd... and go from there. It can't get any worse than Beckham, and when Teahen get's back, someone has to do some sitting. If Beckham finds himself in the minors, we can ease him in and see if Viciedo is better than Teahen. I don't know, but something has to be done.

Yuck.

Our defense will decline at both 2nd and 3rd...and we get the incremental offense that Viciedo might deliver over an improving Beckham.

Teahen needs to be a utility player/DH....maybe replacing Kotsay in that role when he's back. I PRAY that he does not return to being the regular 3rd baseman under any circumstances.

Slappy
06-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Yuck.

Our defense will decline at both 2nd and 3rd...and we get the incremental offense that Viciedo might deliver over an improving Beckham.

Teahen needs to be a utility player/DH....maybe replacing Kotsay in that role when he's back. I PRAY that he does not return to being the regular 3rd baseman under any circumstances.

Keep prayin. Kenny Williams didn't sign him to a 3 year deal in order to use him as a utility player. Plus it'd make him look bad if he did that. Just like the Gordon thing. They trotted out Gordon as the next Utley this year to sell tickets and it backfired, yet they still refuse to send him down to AAA. It's all about saving face, not winning games, unfortunately.

soxlady8
06-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I think Kenny needs to be a man and SUCK it up!
He should admit the Teahen thing was not the greatest deal
and honestly he could send Becks down to triple A for a short stint down there. We just put ourselves in a penant race now and failure is just not an OPTION.

However, I do believe that Becks is the best option we have
at second base. He and TCM have the double play down to a science and the less I see the Bridge , the better.

Lose/lose w Becks if he is up here or down there IMHO

hi im skot
06-23-2010, 06:02 PM
and honestly he could send Becks down to triple A for a short stint down there. We just put ourselves in a penant race now and failure is just not an OPTION.

at second base. He and TCM have the double play down to a science and the less I see the Bridge , the better.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/01/asplode.jpg

Slappy
06-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Other players in our division that have been sent down because of performance:

Max Scherzer, Alex Gordon, Rick Porcello. All highly regarded prospects.

Yet Gordon's still here, barely hitting his weight, not driving in any runs, not scoring any runs. This team is clown shoes.

hi im skot
06-23-2010, 06:05 PM

Yet Gordon's still here, barely hitting his weight, not driving in any runs, not scoring any runs. This team is clown shoes.

Again, if you watched last night's game (and quite a few on the roadtrip) and can't see the improvements, I don't know what to tell you.

Slappy
06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Again, if you watched last night's game (and quite a few on the roadtrip) and can't see the improvements, I don't know what to tell you.

http://i.imgur.com/7PZV0.jpg

soltrain21
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM

What would being a man and admitting it's a crappy deal actually do?

And Kenny knows you said he isn't a man. We will probably never hear from you again. He is sending Alex Cintron after you.

hi im skot
06-23-2010, 06:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7PZV0.jpg

Very nice.

We'll have to agree to disagree - Beckham appears to be breaking out of it, and I have full confidence that he'll be fine without a trip to Charlotte.

white sox bill
06-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Weak hitter so far yes. But the best head of hair on the team. Reminds me of a certain Chicago politician named Rod.

But I am starting to think Bacon will be hitting the cover off the ball soon

TomBradley72
06-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Max Scherzer and Alex Gordon are 26 years old, struggling in their 3rd or 4th seasons, ..analagous to the WSox staying with Beckham through about the middle of 2011.

Slappy
06-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Max Scherzer and Alex Gordon are 26 years old, struggling in their 3rd or 4th seasons, ..analagous to the WSox staying with Beckham through about the middle of 2011.

Max Scherzer is 25. Last year he went 9-12 with a 4.12 ERA and 174 K's in 170 innings. Not exactly struggling.

Alex Gordon hit 15 and 16 HR's his first two years and dove in 60 and 72 runs respectively. His next year he only played 34 games. You can make a case for Gordon more, but you're stretching it. And besides, they sent him down at the first real signs of struggling.

Logically, it makes sense that the younger Gordon is, the the more good it would do and the easier it'd be to send him down if he's struggling.

Slappy
06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
But I am starting to think Bacon will be hitting the cover off the ball soon

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion..."

mzh
06-23-2010, 06:32 PM
What better options than Beckham do we have? Simple as that.

TomBradley72
06-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Max Scherzer is 25. Last year he went 9-12 with a 4.12 ERA and 174 K's in 170 innings. Not exactly struggling.

Alex Gordon hit 15 and 16 HR's his first two years and dove in 60 and 70 runs respectively. His next year he only played 34 games. You can make a case for Gordon more, but you're stretching it. And besides, they sent him down at the first real signs of struggling.

Logically, it makes sense that the younger Gordon is, the the more good it would do and the easier it'd be to send him down if he's struggling.

Lots of ways you can apply the logic...I don't think Alex Gordon is a comparable situation....I think Galarraga played a role in the Scherzer move...viable alternatives (Detroit) play a role in the decision. As far as KC goes...they are not a role model for ANYTHING.

I see Beckham making good contact lately + playing good defense + no real options in the organization = let him play through it.

Slappy
06-23-2010, 06:50 PM
You keep talking about viable alternatives, yet refuse to look at Gordons numbers this season. If we don't have anyone that can at least exceed those paltry numbers for a while, it doesn't say a lot for our chances this year. Especially if Gordon continues his 'slump.'

TheVulture
06-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Yuck.

I hate the idea of Viciedo at 3b, but Vizquel at 2b is a decline defensively?:scratch:

TheVulture
06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Keep prayin. Kenny Williams didn't sign him to a 3 year deal in order to use him as a utility player. Plus it'd make him look bad if he did that. Just like the Gordon thing. They trotted out Gordon as the next Utley this year to sell tickets and it backfired, yet they still refuse to send him down to AAA. It's all about saving face, not winning games, unfortunately.

If I recall, Ventura didn't hit very well his rookie year and they let him fight through it. Granted, this isn't Beckham's rookie year but it was meant to be according to the original plan. I disagree it's about saving face, I really think they believe it's the best thing to do.

I also disagree that KW didn't sign Teahen to be a utility player. I think they saw him as a guy that could hold down 3rd for now but who is versatile enough to move around as needed after Morel comes up or if Viciedo improved enough to be a major league 3b.

tstrike2000
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Going back to Beckham, whatever the case is, .200 1 16 on June 23rd is unacceptable. I don't care if he's hitting the ball at people. He needs to start getting actual hits or they either need to bench him or send him down.

Noneck
06-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Its going to be really tough to stick with him hitting at the Mendoza line if they are a contending team.

TheVulture
06-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Its going to be really tough to stick with him hitting at the Mendoza line if they are a contending team.

I hate to go to another '83 comparison, but...

Fletcher, Cruz, and Dybz combined for about a .630 OPS in significantly more PAs than Beckham will get.

Beckham hopefully is a key player for the Sox, I don't mind them letting him fight through it. If he's just in a downward spiral come 7/31, then make a move.

If a guy can overcome what Beckham's been through, it could be good for him in the long run.

Noneck
06-24-2010, 02:41 AM
I hate to go to another '83 comparison, but...

Fletcher, Cruz, and Dybz combined for about a .630 OPS in significantly more PAs than Beckham will get.

That really supports my case. They tried something at least, it didnt work out well but they tried.

TheVulture
06-24-2010, 03:09 AM
That really supports my case. They tried something at least, it didnt work out well but they tried.

Holy crap, I was just going to respond how does that support your case until I saw Beckham's OBP and SLG. Yikes, I didn't realize it was THAT bad. His numbers make Fletcher's look like Tadahito Iguchi's.

Still, none of those guys were potential organizational centerpieces. Beckham's been up for over a year, now, I'd at least give him until the deadline to turn it around at this point.

Harry Chappas
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
He may have hit the ball hard on Tuesday but he looked putrid last night. The only positive is that he doesn't take his struggles to the field.

I have to wonder if we wouldn't be better off moving Vizquel to 2nd and putting Viciedo at 3rd. We would essentially downgrade our defense while upgrading our offense. Is it worth the gamble?

If we're in this thing come the deadline, a left-handed power bat might take a backseat to a middle infielder with some hitting ability. It's hard to imagine that we can make a real run at this thing if Beckham is still hitting below the Mendoza line at the end of July.

soltrain21
06-24-2010, 10:08 AM
He may have hit the ball hard on Tuesday but he looked putrid last night. The only positive is that he doesn't take his struggles to the field.

I have to wonder if we wouldn't be better off moving Vizquel to 2nd and putting Viciedo at 3rd. We would essentially downgrade our defense while upgrading our offense. Is it worth the gamble?

If we're in this thing come the deadline, a left-handed power bat might take a backseat to a middle infielder with some hitting ability. It's hard to imagine that we can make a real run at this thing if Beckham is still hitting below the Mendoza line at the end of July.

No, it's not worth the gamble.

doublem23
06-24-2010, 10:13 AM

Vizquel has been a rock at 3rd. No need to move him. Dayan may as well be DHing just about everyday, since our alternatives are crappy, crappy Mark Kotsay and crappy, crappy, crappy Andruw Jones. As for Bacon, there has to be someone available, either interally or on another team that can cover 2B for him while he spends some time in AAA. The guy is slugging .250 for pete's sake. It's beyond atrocious. With Alex and Paulie still hitting pretty well, and TCQ showing signs of life, we don't need to add another thumping, middle of the order bat, but we've got to get Bacon out of here and back to Charlotte.

DirtySox
06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/244888190/mug_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales) MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales)
beckham could face platoon at 2b. .199 batting ave., 1 bb in 29 games. too many k's, says guillen 8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/16939750574) via mobile web (http://m.twitter.com/)

DirtySox
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I'd much rather see Gordon in Charlotte than platooned.

At least Dayan and Gordon can strike up a good friendship while they both sit on the bench in the coming weeks.

cws05champ
06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd much rather see Gordon in Charlotte than platooned.

At least Dayan and Gordon can strike up a good friendship while they both sit on the bench in the coming weeks.
Makes absolutely no sense to platoon Beckham. Send him down for a few weeks and let him get his head straight. He's pulling his head off the ball and not getting to the outside pitch. He looks like he's trying to pull everything instead of going the other way naturally like he did last year.

Put Lillibridge at 2B...his average and power can't be any worse than Beckham's production at this point and he may actually provide more range.

Irishsox1
06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm only in favor of sending Beckham down to get his confidence back up. I know he can hit, it's just that the Sox can't really afford to have that much of a sink hole at the bottom of the lineup.

sox1970
06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
The boo birds are starting to come out. They can't let this guy stew on the bench. It's time to send him down and get his eye back. Because right now, he can't tell what's coming up there.

hawkjt
06-24-2010, 01:55 PM
The boo birds are starting to come out. They can't let this guy stew on the bench. It's time to send him down and get his eye back. Because right now, he can't tell what's coming up there.

Did you hear boos last nite for Gordon? I was there the nite before and did not hear any boos for Gordon.

I think anyone booing this kid is wrong,but they paid,so their call.

soxinem1
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Yuck.

I agree 100%. Why mess with a solid defensive alignment?

I would be all for letting Kotsay loose and using Teahen as the utility guy, since that is what he should have been all along (and without the extension).

Teahen is passable at 2B, 3B and RF to give guys days off, and Lillibridge can fill in the same way at SS, 2B, and CF.

But if Guillen puts Teahen back as a regular anything when he returns, I will have no choice but to add the 'Fire Ozzie' mantra to my sig.

DirtySox
06-24-2010, 02:06 PM
But if Guillen puts Teahen back as a regular anything when he returns, I will have no choice but to add the 'Fire Ozzie' mantra to my sig.

I could deal with a Teahen DH.

doublem23
06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I could deal with a Teahen DH.

I would rather let Dayan take a crack at it before Teahen. If you DH Teahen, you can't put him in the field, and about now, the only positive thing you can say about Mark is he is versatile defensively. Oh yeah, he can't hit for ****.

Slappy
06-24-2010, 02:54 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/244888190/mug_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales) MDGonzales (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales)
beckham could face platoon at 2b. .199 batting ave., 1 bb in 29 games. too many k's, says guillen 8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/16939750574) via mobile web (http://m.twitter.com/)

o rly...?

soltrain21
06-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Who do they plan on platooning him with? I'd rather see them trade for a second baseman.

Slappy
06-24-2010, 03:29 PM
How about Kelly Johnson? In our park I think he'd continue his nice year.

DirtySox
06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I would rather let Dayan take a crack at it before Teahen. If you DH Teahen, you can't put him in the field, and about now, the only positive thing you can say about Mark is he is versatile defensively. Oh yeah, he can't hit for ****.

I'd prefer Dayan DH as well, but the fact that Ozzie said he can't find at bats for him doesn't bode well for him being the everyday DH. Gotta get Kotsay his AB's.

Marqhead
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Who do they plan on platooning him with? I'd rather see them trade for a second baseman.

The guy who's playing today.

soltrain21
06-24-2010, 04:51 PM
The guy who's playing today.

As much as I want to love Lillibridge and see him succeed...I think we need a better option.

Slappy
06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Kelly Johnson...

PalehosePlanet
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
If it comes down to Gordon platooning and possibly facing only lefties, he --- and us in the long run --- would be better off going down to AAA to get gather himself.

I don't see him righting himself by getting 8-10 AB's a week.

russ99
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd prefer Dayan DH as well, but the fact that Ozzie said he can't find at bats for him doesn't bode well for him being the everyday DH. Gotta get Kotsay his AB's.

Again, being a DH is tough to do in the big leagues. Dayan's going to be playing a position when he's in the lineup no matter how much people want Kotsay gone.

Trade for Dunn to DH.

TomBradley72
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Again, being a DH is tough to do in the big leagues. Dayan's going to be playing a position when he's in the lineup no matter how much people want Kotsay gone.

Trade for Dunn to DH.

Dayan looked servicable at 3rd today...may give Ozzie thoughts of him at 3rd and Vizquel at 2nd.

I wouldn't support platooning Beckham...he needs to be playing every day..better off at AAA.

slavko
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Dayan looked servicable at 3rd today...may give Ozzie thoughts of him at 3rd and Vizquel at 2nd.

I wouldn't support platooning Beckham...he needs to be playing every day..better off at AAA.

Good stuff. Dayan's bad rep looks to have been exaggerated. Range? All a 3B has to do is one step and dive anyway. He's likely better than Josh Fields or Teahen just from what he's shown so far. We're not helping Beckham by throwing him to what has become the wolves every day. AAA him.

kaufsox
06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd at least give him until the deadline to turn it around at this point.

that's just too long to let him go, At that point the season is more than half over and having a gaping hole in the lineup that long just isn't a good plan for team that hopes to contend. He needs to go down.

#1swisher
06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Ozzies' plan all along was to platoon this team. The winning streak makes it the perfect time.

Hitmen77
06-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Good game at the plate for Gordon today. Hopefully this is the beginning of a turnaround for him.

slavko
06-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Good game at the plate for Gordon today. Hopefully this is the beginning of a turnaround for him.

Hope so. He'd make us fearsome. Only problem, it was against the Cubs.

Slappy
06-25-2010, 09:38 PM
With one swing of the bat, Gordon Beckham doubled his HR total for the year. He's that good! Wow.

soxinem1
06-25-2010, 10:57 PM
The only reasons I am against benching for demoting Beckham are the streak and the defense.

Streaks are hard to achieve, defense is difficult to sustain with flip-flop lineups.

For once, Ozzie's lineup is consistent, so I'd leave everything as it is.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-25-2010, 10:59 PM
The only reasons I am against benching for demoting Beckham are the streak and the defense.

Streaks are hard to achieve, defense is difficult to sustain with flip-flop lineups.

For once, Ozzie's lineup is consistent, so I'd leave everything as it is.
And after how bad our defense was last year, I think it would be crazy to mess with it. I'm finally getting to the point where I don't hold my breath on every grounder. (Except when Teahen in).

Hitmen77
06-27-2010, 01:14 AM
A triple for Beckham today. Come on, Gordon. If you are indeed breaking out of this funk that will be huge for this team.

slavko
06-27-2010, 11:30 AM
A triple for Beckham today. Come on, Gordon. If you are indeed breaking out of this funk that will be huge for this team.

Looks like he's seeing the ball all the way to the bat now. His head was coming off before. Keep your fingers crossed.

DonnieDarko
06-27-2010, 11:33 AM
And watch him go 0-4 today with 3 Ks. >_<

Argh, I want the man to snap out of this slump, but I have my doubts.

#1swisher
06-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Gordon went 2-for-3 with a walk and a RBI in Tuesdays win against KC.

Discuss.

Hartman
06-30-2010, 08:52 AM
KC pitching will always boost a hitter's confidence :redneck

kevingrt
06-30-2010, 08:53 AM
KC pitching will always boost a hitter's confidence :redneck

If he hits Greinke today he is one step closer to Mid-Season Comeback Player of the Year Award. :D:

Slappy
06-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Gordon went 2-for-3 with a walk and a RBI in Tuesdays win against KC.

Discuss.

The day before yesterday, Gordon Beckham went 0-3.

This is you :dtroll:

#1swisher
06-30-2010, 08:58 AM

Please explain, the:dtroll: remark?

soltrain21
06-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Please explain, the:dtroll: remark?

He apparently thinks you are a troll for being encouraged by Gordon Beckham's day. Considering the fact this is a White Sox board and he is a White Sox player - it would seem Slappy would be the one trolling.

It was nice to see him taking more good cuts. He is looking better at the plate more times than he is not, and that's encouraging. Hopefully he has a good second half.

Slappy
06-30-2010, 09:03 AM
He apparently thinks you are a troll for being encouraged by Gordon Beckham's day. Considering the fact this is a White Sox board and he is a White Sox player - it would seem Slappy would be the one trolling.

It was nice to see him taking more good cuts. He is looking better at the plate more times than he is not, and that's encouraging. Hopefully he has a good second half.

That's hilarious. How so?

Also, if you're going to try to start a discussion about one day when Gordon goes 2/3, good luck. There's just not much to talk about. It was one game out of 75. Also, why not talk about his 0-3 the day before?

soltrain21
06-30-2010, 09:10 AM
That's hilarious. How so?

Also, if you're going to try to start a discussion about one day when Gordon goes 2/3, good luck. There's just not much to talk about. It was one game out of 75. Also, why not talk about his 0-3 the day before?

Because you called a guy a troll for being excited for Gordon going 2-3? How is that not trolling on a White Sox message board?

Look - we are a game and a half out of first place and Beckham is showing signs of coming out of his slump. If he doesn't in the next two or so weeks than I'd like to see an alternative, too. I believe he can break out of it and he is showing signs of breaking out of it. And we aren't talking about his 0-3 the day before because there is nothing to talk about. He went 0-3.

He is hitting .278 over the last week. Hopefully he is breaking out of it. Sorry you don't want to see him do that because than your crusade is wasted.

SI1020
06-30-2010, 09:20 AM

This is you :dtroll: If this was boxing you lose a round due to a low blow. Where do you get off calling someone a troll just for showing some encouragement over a good game by one of our players? You don't agree? Fine, but that doesn't make the poster a troll.

Slappy
Because you called a guy a troll for being excited for Gordon going 2-3? How is that not trolling on a White Sox message board?

Look - we are a game and a half out of first place and Beckham is showing signs of coming out of his slump. If he doesn't in the next two or so weeks than I'd like to see an alternative, too. I believe he can break out of it and he is showing signs of breaking out of it. And we aren't talking about his 0-3 the day before because there is nothing to talk about. He went 0-3.

He is hitting .278 over the last week. Hopefully he is breaking out of it. Sorry you don't want to see him do that because than your crusade is wasted.

What crusade am I on? There's just as much to talk about his 0-3 the day before yesterday as there is his 2-3 yesterday.

asindc

It is a shame that this would have to be explained to anyone posting on a site called "whitesoxinteractive."

doublem23
06-30-2010, 09:21 AM

Considering that you've been the troll for, most of this thread's existance, calling out another long-time poster for being encouraged... Well, enjoy your week off to think about it.

hawkjt
06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Gordo is slowly picking it up...a homer,triple,double in the three games vs the Cubs and now a 2 for 3 last nite...good to see some progress. If Gordo has a big second half, this team should be dangerous. PS: Thanks, Doublem.

Hitmen77
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Gordo is slowly picking it up...a homer,triple,double in the three games vs the Cubs and now a 2 for 3 last nite...good to see some progress. If Gordo has a big second half, this team should be dangerous. PS: Thanks, Doublem.

Nope. Forget about Beckham. That HR, triple, and double didn't count because it was against the Cubs. He was 2-3 last night? Oh yeah, well what about 0 for 3 on Monday? 0 FOR 3!!!!

Case closed. He's hitting .200 now and it's all over. There's no chance for improvement and no potential upside for Gordon. He's just like Brian Anderson.

....that being said, I'm for sending him down if he continues to flounder, but the way some people want to see him fail when he's showing signs of life is ridiculous. Of course, a couple of weeks ago some people here were ready for us to cut our loses with Quentin too.