PDA

View Full Version : How's Todd Ritchie going to do tonight?

TheBigHurt
06-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Todd Ritchie hasn't done much latley and people rip him often. So I ask you how will Ritchie pitch tonight agianst one of the top notch starters in the ML.

cheeses_h_rice
06-21-2002, 03:58 PM
I actually think he'll pitch decently, but will still lose because our offense sucks so much lately.

Ritchie's line: 5.2 IP, 7 H, 3 ER

Glavine's line: 8 IP, 5 H, 1 ER

Sox lose 5-1

HawkDJ
06-21-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
will still lose because our offense sucks so much lately.

This is why that hot offensive start was a bad thing in a small way. The beginning of the year spoiled everyone. Now you are expecting 10 runs per game. I mean lately, the Sox haven't done that bad offensively. I mean our last 10 games we have scored: 13, 1, 10, 2, 4, 3, 10, 6, 3, 6. That is 5.8 runs per game people! I know it hasn't been completely consistent but you are expecing 6 runs every game now.

Foulke You
06-21-2002, 05:47 PM
I think Ritchie will pitch pretty well tonight. I have a good feeling. Although, from what I understand they give Glavine 3 inches off the outside corner quite a bit at Turner Field. A lot will depend on how good the umpiring is tonight.

:ritchie
"Manuel told me to bring my A game so doggonit that's what I'm going to do."

cheeses_h_rice
06-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

This is why that hot offensive start was a bad thing in a small way. The beginning of the year spoiled everyone. Now you are expecting 10 runs per game. I mean lately, the Sox haven't done that bad offensively. I mean our last 10 games we have scored: 13, 1, 10, 2, 4, 3, 10, 6, 3, 6. That is 5.8 runs per game people! I know it hasn't been completely consistent but you are expecing 6 runs every game now.

You're ignoring the games before the last 10, when they scored 1, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4, 3, 4, 0, 3, and 2.

Take away a few blowout games, and the fact is, THIS TEAM IS NOT HITTING.

Foulke You
06-21-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

You're ignoring the games before the last 10, when they scored 1, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4, 3, 4, 0, 3, and 2.

Take away a few blowout games, and the fact is, THIS TEAM IS NOT HITTING.

I think it has a lot to do with these guys not being healthy:

:sandy :lofton

Kenny sets the table and Sandy provides some punch at the bottom of the order. These two guys not being in there puts Ray in the leadoff role which we all know he struggles with and puts light hitting Mark Johnson at the bottom of the order on a consistent basis.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
06-21-2002, 09:17 PM
Ritchie looked really good tonight. It sucks to see him take the loss tonight.

AH WELL.

Nellie_Fox
06-22-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Ritchie looked really good tonight. It sucks to see him take the loss tonight. It's a shame that perhaps his best outing of the year had to come against Glavine.

harwar
06-22-2002, 09:39 AM
A lot of guys pitch well against the braves but they still lose because the braves know how to win and have a great manager.Wait till ritchie gets in the metrodome,its gonna be ug-LEE.I'd be shocked if the twins don't take 3 out of 4 from us.The damn shame of it all is that the twins just are not that much better than us.But we all-ways find a way to lose.