PDA

View Full Version : 3 More Years of Bob Howry!

No-Neck
08-05-2001, 05:15 PM
Now all KW has to do is resign Jamie Navarro!

Did I actually hear fans in Comiskey clapping for Howry as he left in the 9th... What a friggin LOSER!

That's the way to go KW! You're the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't take it anymore

Mathew
08-05-2001, 05:21 PM
Glover is the only pitcher who doesn't suck out of the bullpen since we started moving all our decent relievers in to start. Then I read this morning we want Glover to start too. He might do a good job but the pen licks and would suck even harder. I find it hard to believe there is no better pitcher anywhere, then Embree or Howry?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2001, 05:29 PM
That's the kind of thing you have to deal with when all your starters go down. We've lost Eldred, Parque, Fat-Ass & JB. When those guys are on that's an awesome rotation when Burhle is added. Having lost those 4 we have to find replacements somewhere.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
That's the kind of thing you have to deal with when all your starters go down. We've lost Eldred, Parque, Fat-Ass & JB. When those guys are on that's an awesome rotation when Burhle is added. Having lost those 4 we have to find replacements somewhere.

The pen will be better next year with a healthy Simas, Wunsch, and Osuna.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2001, 05:35 PM
Osuna?? He sucked balls the little bit I saw of him. Dump him & his salary Osuna the better.

Mathew
08-05-2001, 05:36 PM
I'm not oblivious to the injuries, it just seems to me that Glover, Lowe and now Biddle are of much more use to us out of the pen. That way I may not have a massive corinary by age 20.

Jerry_Manuel
08-05-2001, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Osuna?? He sucked balls the little bit I saw of him. Dump him & his salary Osuna the better.

He was pitching hurt which is why he sucked "balls".
Perhaps he does suck but he isn't going anywhere.

Daver
08-05-2001, 05:38 PM
I don't think Biddle will be in the pen too much longer.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2001, 05:41 PM
Rocky is pitching hurt, you send him out there to start & his name won't be rocky it'll be ROCKED!!

Mathew
08-05-2001, 05:42 PM
The biggest thing I had is that these injuries were all at the beggining of the year, instead of fix them we said well the bullpen will be good next year. I'd like to hope there are better pitchers in the minors, other teams, Japan or Mars that are better than Embree. Instead on lraping our oun bullpen this year we could have found someone with an arm. Unless Jon Barry is available?

Daver
08-05-2001, 05:43 PM
I wasn't trying to say Rocky will be back in the rotation,he will be on the DL.

Mathew
08-05-2001, 05:48 PM
Do these idiot pitchers think that pitching hurt are gettin blasted will help them or their team. Sure there's pressure to suck it up but isn't there pressure to pitch well?

Tragg
08-05-2001, 08:40 PM
Howry's relatively cheap. He's way off form and needs some instruction.

Long way to match navarro.

I saw navarro pitch once in person. In the kingdome in seattle, he came out of the bullpen in the 10th inning to walk 3 batters to load the bases and then give up a sacrifice fly. What a disaster he was.