PDA

View Full Version : The 3 MLB Teams fan base that you just can't stand

Rockabilly
06-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I hate the Red Sox, Twins and Cubs fans.

If this was to expand to other sports. I can't stand Norte Dame fans.

konerko 14
06-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Cubs, Yankees, Twins

soxinem1
06-21-2010, 12:11 PM
BOS, NYY, and Green Bay (other sport).

CHC was a temptation but I am convinced that there are two types of cub fans:

The first are the real fans. All 21,123 of them, who are the real base of baseball fans for that team. For them I have no ill will other than as an opponent.

For the other 3 million *******s who go there, trash the place, piss on the walls, and wish to 'be seen', well, I hate them but since they are neither fans nor part of the real fan base, I feel they are irrelevant in this discussion.

twinslayer
06-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox

Rockabilly
06-21-2010, 12:15 PM
I've been to Yankee stadium many times. I have always found them to be very respectful. I guess when your team has 28 championships u should feel proud of your franchise.

After the Red Sox won it 04. I found their fan base to be damn lousy when they come to the cell.

The Milkman
06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
cubs, yankees, red sox

+1

october23sp
06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Twins (no one here talks about them unless they are winning and when they are winnings that's all I hear about) , Red Sox ("der they won in 2004 and I had to suffer my whole life derrrrr"), Cubs (lots of people claiming to like them and claiming to suffer).

asindc
06-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Boston

Philly (they've moved up to #2 ever since I adopted the Nats as my NL team)

Cubs (only by way of proximity and their general annoyingness)

beasly213
06-21-2010, 12:26 PM
1. Twins - I hate the players more but their fans are freaking obnoxious. When I have come in contact with them at the cell and try to have some playful trash talking they always get super offended and start going off on how much better they are than the White Sox. Probably very inscure about themselves because with all their division titles they have 0 AL titles and 0 World Series titles since they have gone on their run.

2. Cubs - Even their "Real fans" drive me nuts because you can't have a baseball discussion with them. They refuse to hear anything you say and only talk about how ghetto Sox park is and how the Sox are garbage. I really don't care about the Cubs as a team, in fact there are a few players I like on their team, I just can't stand their fans and it is why I will always root against them.

3. Red Sox - Their "Fans" that invade US Cellular and other parks around the country are ridiculious. They act like their **** doesn't stink and they are the best team around and your team is garbage. I've also notice everyone of them will have their hat on backwards. I don't mind that usually but it literally is EVERY fan I see. I don't mind Yankees fans as even though I'm sure a lot of them are only fans because they win, at least they seem to know their team. Unlike some Red Sox fans, although I'm sure some of these "fans" are just Cub fans with Red Sox gear on.

white sox bill
06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Cubs, Yankees, Twins
Amen.....although its a toss up between BoSux and Yankmees

Hitmen77
06-21-2010, 12:41 PM
1. Cubs (no one else is even close)

2. Red Sox
The latest? They're whining about not getting the ASG:rolleyes:: http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121076

3. Indians
They're the most obnoxious fans of our division rivals. The way they treated Thome in his first game back shows how much class they have. When they were hot (new park, winning team) they boasted that they were loyal fans that turn out through thick and thin. Where are the fans now, Cleveland?

As much as I hate the Yankees and their buy-a-championship ways, I don't have any specific problem with their fans. They're not full of their fan base like Cubs and Red Sox fans are.

SI1020
06-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Times change. At one time I would have considered Red Sox fans to be among the best. Success has brought on the bandwagon dilettantes. The Cubs have a similar problem, although not resulting from any success on the field, but rather the media juggernaut created by their former owners the Tribune Co. So now both teams have far too many annoying fans. As far as the Twins go they are a pain because they've been so tough on the Sox over the years. I find most Minnesotans too Midwestern nice to seriously dislike. If it wasn't so damn cold I wouldn't mind living and working there. In the end for me it's Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs fans in no particular order.

pythons007
06-21-2010, 01:15 PM
1.This is a lump, because of location EAST COAST (Yanks, Red Sox, and Philly everything). Philadelphia, the "city of brotherly love" my ass! When you have a fan base that purposely throws up on one another, throw batteries, and are classless *******s. You have to be the worst fan base on the face of the planet.
2. Most Cub fans - those that bring up attendance records, wave to the camera, aren't watching the game, and leave after the 7th when they got there in the 3rd.
3. blank - any fan base that pisses me off at any given moment.

kittle42
06-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Cubs, Red Sox, Indians.

kaufsox
06-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Boston for sure, basically in all sports.
Cubs fans, though it really is more of a massive indifference.
And you know, that's really it. I tend to cheer for AL Central teams whence they make the playoffs, even the Twins.

Other Sports, etc.
Man United. I could really explain more but the language filters prohibit my true feelings from being expressed.
Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan. (Go Spartans!)
Obsessive Rush fans. Look, I like the music too and I get that Neal Peart is awesome, but stop yelling at me just because I don't orgasm at his solos.

LITTLE NELL
06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees.
Dishonorable mention; Phillies

g0g0
06-21-2010, 02:32 PM
1. Yankees fans
2. Dodgers fans - you think the Cubs have a lot of wannabe fans? Just look to LA.
3. Being a Cubs fan I just hate the Cards lol.

BNLSox
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
1) +1 on the Indians. Completely agree about their treatment of Thome!

2) Angels fans. They were downright rude and awful during the ALCS to me and my friends. They were AWESOME before that, but I cannot forgive those thundersticks EVER.

3) Tie between A's and Padres fans. Come to some road games out in California... you'll see.

MrT27
06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
In no order..

Cubs - I've never seen a fan base have so many fans pay for a ticket to a ballgame and not even pay attention to the game. Yes there are great Cub fans out there but the bad ones far out number the good ones.

Tigers - I went to school for a bit in Michigan and they talk about the Tigers as if they are the Yankees and live in the greatest city in the world.

Indians - I haven't had a positive experience with Indian fans yet. The Thome thing doesn't sit well with me at all either.

Some people have said Twins fans and the Twins are my least favorite team. But their fans are the nicest I've ever been around (besides White Sox fans of course).

MarySwiss
06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs. I don't come into much contact with Twins or Tigers fans, thank God!

Fenway
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs. I don't come into much contact with Twins or Tigers fans, thank God!

Old time Red Sox fans HATE the new generation

My list

Oakland

Indians

NYY

thomas35forever
06-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Cubs, Twins, Red Sox

Whitesox029
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
I hate the Red Sox, Twins and Cubs fans.

Ditto.

Boondock Saint
06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Boston, Boston and Boston.

Seriously, **** those guys.

EMachine10
06-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Red Sox, Cubs, and then probably Philly. Yankees fans don't bother me too much. The attention the Yankees get, sure, but the fans I don't seem to mind.

06-21-2010, 07:08 PM
1) +1 on the Indians. Completely agree about their treatment of Thome!

2) Angels fans. They were downright rude and awful during the ALCS to me and my friends. They were AWESOME before that, but I cannot forgive those thundersticks EVER.

3) Tie between A's and Padres fans. Come to some road games out in California... you'll see.

Padres? Really? Care to explain?

Rdy2PlayBall
06-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Cubs
Twins
Philly (mainly one guy I can't stand :tongue:)

Sam Spade
06-22-2010, 03:33 AM
And you know, that's really it. I tend to cheer for AL Central teams whence they make the playoffs, even the Twins.

Other Sports, etc.
Man United. I could really explain more but the language filters prohibit my true feelings from being expressed.
Obsessive Rush fans. Look, I like the music too and I get that Neal Peart is awesome, but stop yelling at me just because I don't orgasm at his solos.
I hear you. I'd rather see the twins win when playing the angels, saux, or yankees in the playoffs.

I don't mind twins fans. I only know one, and he is a friend of mine.

I don't mind cubs fans either, not most of them. I find them as reasonable as I am when talking baseball.

I can't stand seeing the yankees and saux winning, but I don't blame their fans. If I grew up in new york or boston, I'm sure I'd be a fan.

fox23
06-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Boston, Boston and Boston.

Seriously, **** those guys.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Maybe I'd replace that last Boston with the Cubs. I was at the Sox/Nats series this weekend and was just so annoyed with the dudes that wore Cubs jerseys to them.

Railsplitter
06-22-2010, 10:15 AM
1. Cubs

2. Dodgers (too Hollywood)

3. Indians -- fill up the place when the team does well, ignore them while they scuffle. Yeah, lot of teams have this but, Cleveland's the worst.

asindc
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Old time Red Sox fans HATE the new generation

My list

Oakland

Indians

NYY

I have found this to be true among the Boston fans that I work with. They have seen the shift in the fan base since 2004 and are not too happy about it.

asindc
06-22-2010, 10:21 AM
That pretty much sums it up for me. Maybe I'd replace that last Boston with the Cubs. I was at the Sox/Nats series this weekend and was just so annoyed with the dudes that wore Cubs jerseys to them.

My brother and I were also there for all three games and we noticed the same. I've also noticed it when attending Sox games in NY or Baltimore. I don't get it. I have never had the urge to attend a Cubs game unless they were playing the Sox or the Nats.

fox23
06-22-2010, 10:47 AM
My brother and I were also there for all three games and we noticed the same. I've also noticed it when attending Sox games in NY or Baltimore. I don't get it. I have never had the urge to attend a Cubs game unless they were playing the Sox or the Nats.

Maybe they wanted to see a real Chicago team playing or something? But yeah, even if I do catch the Cubs at home or on the road, I don't go running around in all Sox gear. I've got my nice neutral Durham Bulls hat and that's about it. Otherwise you are just asking to get in an argument...which is maybe but these people want.

The last time I was in Baltimore for the Sox series, there were these 3 guys two rows behind us that wore all Cubs stuff and spent the entire game heckling the Sox. They didn't even cheer for Baltimore when they did something good! After the Sox took a pretty good lead later in the game, they quickly got out of there.

PatK
06-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd like to add people who have discovered the Blackhawks sometime in the last 18 months to the list.

#1swisher
06-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Twins
Tigers

Ivan Rodriguez
Geovany Soto

Dibbs
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Twins, Red Sox and Cubs in any order.

I never had a beef with Yankees fans. I actually like them.

mzh
06-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd like to add people who have discovered the Blackhawks sometime in the last 18 months to the list.
This is a bit general IMO. There are plenty of recent fans who actually know their stuff and follow it seriously. All "bandwagon" fans aren't Cubs-style wear-the-jersey-cause-it's-cool types.

SoxFan78
06-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Red Sox, Cubs, Yankees. In that order

Over By There
06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
The Red Sox and Cubs are head and shoulders above anyone else on my list. And because I have a hard time coming up with #3, I'll say this - White Sox "fans" that are more concerned with hating the Cubs than liking the Sox are deserving of just as much scorn as poseur Red Sox or Cubs fans. :duck:

Twins_Morneau
06-22-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't see the hate for Twins fans, we nearly had our team contracted not too long ago.

Anyways for me its fan bases that are full of themselves that I hate.
Meaning; Redsox/RoidSux and Cubs/sCrUBS

SephClone89
06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
The Red Sox and Cubs are head and shoulders above anyone else on my list. And because I have a hard time coming up with #3, I'll say this - White Sox "fans" that are more concerned with hating the Cubs than liking the Sox are deserving of just as much scorn as poseur Red Sox or Cubs fans. :duck:

Amen, brother.

Oblong
06-22-2010, 08:36 PM
I couldn't stand the Marlins fans until I went down to Florida and had lunch with both of them. Turns out they're ok.

GoGoCrede
06-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I think I would give the edge to Red Sox fans being more annoying than Yankees fans, because even though they've won twice recently, they act as though they have a mantle full of titles like the Yankees do. The Yankees annoy me a lot, but they can actually boast about their reputation as winners.

voodoochile
06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Most of my encounters with fans of other teams are on the Internet, but there are times when one particular fanbase really ticks me off. Guess which one...

Okay, I'll give you a hint (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121117)...

manders_01
06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Cubs (even the real fans)
Red Sox (hence my not being at the game tonight or the next two)
Dodgers (there mass numbers in Coors Field when they play is the annoying part - too many!)

The ironic part about the above is that a majority of my relatives who aren't Sox fans are typically one of the above (although I have a good chuck who are Cards fans)!

Most of my encounters with fans of other teams are on the Internet, but there are times when one particular fanbase really ticks me off. Guess which one...

Okay, I'll give you a hint (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121117)...

:rolling: Somehow I knew before I even clicked that link!

asindc
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't see the hate for Twins fans, we nearly had our team contracted not too long ago.

Meaning; Redsox/RoidSux and Cubs/sCrUBS

I think it's not so much the Twinkee fans, as much as the fact that the team, until this year, played in a building masquerading as a baseball park. I think the most obnoxious fans in the division are Cleveland's.

twinsuck
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Cubs, Twins, and Dodger Douches.

Mohoney
06-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Cubs, Red Sox, Indians.

Twins would have been next.

SI1020
06-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Meaning; Redsox/RoidSux and Cubs/sCrUBS I don't either. Perhaps some are expressing anger because of the difficulty the Sox have had over the years beating the Twins, especially in that now defunct dome. Twins fans don't compare to their more obnoxious brethren in some other cities.

OmahaSoxFan
06-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox fans top the list for me... can't stand 'em...

WSox597
06-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I like nothing about the Cubs. Their clown suit uniforms, their disintegrating ball park, the overcrowded and overhyped neighborhood formerly called Lakeview, no parking to speak of, and all of the drunks crying "this is the year!". When I see a Cubs decal or license plate frame, it just screams "nitwit!" to me.

Nobody else is even close for me.

I don't mind Twins fans at all, people in MN are much more polite than people in say, Chicago as a rule. The team just has the edge on the Sox at times, and that pisses people off.

The Yankess I'm used to, I guess. They just buy championships one after the other, but at least they win championships. New Yorkers as a group are pretty hard to take for me.

Boston has had a hell of a run the last decade, so I guess it's understandable they'd pick up the folks who would ordinarily be Cubs fans.

NDSox12
06-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Phillies, Phillies and Phillies.

There are plenty of teams I hate more, but if we're simply talking about fans, Philadelphia has no equal. They were bad enough before they started winning pennants. Now they are insufferable.

Chrisaway
06-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Idiot bandwagon fans of any team including our own. Most teams "core" fans are alright with me.

mzh
06-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I was at a Sox-Twins game several years ago, I think it was 07, and we lost. As we walked down the aisle, my cousin, who was about 11 at the time, was repeatedly heckled and shouted at by Twins fans. This continued until we were out of the ballpark. So that's where my ant-twindom comes from.

Other than that, yeah I'd have to go with of course the Cubs and Red Sox :tongue:

Red Barchetta
06-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Phillies, Phillies and Phillies.

There are plenty of teams I hate more, but if we're simply talking about fans, Philadelphia has no equal. They were bad enough before they started winning pennants. Now they are insufferable.

Aren't the Phillies the only professional sports team to have lost 10,000 games?

In answer to the OP, Cubs, Red Sox and Indians. However Cub fans have the lead by a wide margin!

Thome_Fan
06-26-2010, 12:16 AM

Other Sports, etc.

I'd probably be yelling at you if you did.

SoxFan1979
06-26-2010, 04:36 AM
#1 BoSox no doubt about it the fans suck.

#2 Cubs they always come down to this "Well look at our attendance"?

#Twins the fans actually never had a problem with except I hate the Twins so much it doesn't matter.

I like the Yanks and their fans.

mccoydp
06-26-2010, 05:11 AM
The ESPN trio: Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs.

soxpride724
06-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Cubs

Tigers

Red Sawx

hawkjt
06-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Cubs
Twins
Tigers
Red Sox

Minnesota Gophers