PDA

View Full Version : JR On Ozzie / Kenny

Lip Man 1
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Clears the air, basically it sounds like he put both individuals on notice. We'll see how they react in the future and what JR does if they disregard his "advice."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/reinsdorf-sets-record-straight-on-williams-guillen.html

Lip

BringHomeDaBacon
06-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I want to hurl every time I hear any mention of Ozzie's lame sons.

GoGoCrede
06-19-2010, 07:37 PM
I want to hurl every time I hear any mention of Ozzie's lame sons.

Actually, Ozzie Jr and Ozney seem like okay people. Oney is the one who's a waste of space.

slavko
06-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope for the sake of all of us who work for a living that all of you who were talking about firing people don't run a business. The unemployment lines would stretch down the block.

JR, at least in this case, does know how to run a business. So much easier to manage your personnel than to kick it down the street and start over.

Now the part about him and AJ having the same sense of humor...We need to see some of that before I believe it.

Mohoney
06-20-2010, 08:48 AM
I hope for the sake of all of us who work for a living that all of you who were talking about firing people don't run a business. The unemployment lines would stretch down the block.

JR, at least in this case, does know how to run a business. So much easier to manage your personnel than to kick it down the street and start over.

Now the part about him and AJ having the same sense of humor...We need to see some of that before I believe it.

I don't remember anybody blaming Jerry Reinsdorf for any of this. He allocated more than enough payroll for this team. I just hope that when he's faced with a decision on Ozzie vs. Kenny that he picks Kenny.

kufram
06-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Clears the air, basically it sounds like he put both individuals on notice. We'll see how they react in the future and what JR does if they disregard his "advice."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/reinsdorf-sets-record-straight-on-williams-guillen.html

Lip

I've wondered about JR because of the way he gets ripped on WSI but the people who work for him don't have a bad word to say about him... at least not that I know of. He comes across in this interview as a man who knows how to manage people and how to not micro-manage. He gave a very good assessment of the team's current position and has the patience and intelligence to see where we are at the right moment before making decisions on personnel.

hawkjt
06-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Yea, I think Reinsdorf gets a bad rap from some on here. He knows about winning titles. No other owner in this town really does,cept Rocky Wirtz,and I bet he consults with Jerry.

Kenny never asked to fire Ozzie? But..but Joe Cowley said he did...so he must have,right Joe? Pot-stirrer. I do not blame kenny for not answering his calls.

Winning is the best pacifier...keep winning,Sox.

southside rocks
06-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Yea, I think Reinsdorf gets a bad rap from some on here. He knows about winning titles. No other owner in this town really does,cept Rocky Wirtz,and I bet he consults with Jerry.

Kenny never asked to fire Ozzie? But..but Joe Cowley said he did...so he must have,right Joe? Pot-stirrer. I do not blame kenny for not answering his calls.

Winning is the best pacifier...keep winning,Sox.

I think you're correct about the Wirtz/Reinsdorf connection. It was mentioned in a recent piece about Rocky Wirtz in the NY Times; here's a link, I found it an interesting article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/02/sports/hockey/02wirtz.html?scp=1&sq=rocky%20wirtz%20reinsdorf&st=cse

As for Cowley and the Sox brass, I may be way off-base, but I can't forget how Cowley insisted in 2007 that Buehrle was all but gone, traded to the Boston Red Sox -- IIRC, Joe wrote a piece about how Mark's next start would be at Fenway. Then the Sox gave MB the contract extension. I thought then that KW had played Cowley and that Cowley had fallen for it; I have thought since then that Cowley is not exactly balanced in his outlook on Williams. I share the view of Joe Cowley as a pot-stirrer. JMO.