PDA

View Full Version : 2 sides of Gavin Floyd

pythons007
06-19-2010, 09:00 AM
As the calander changed to June Gavin becomes another pitcher, not just a good pitcher but an anchor. His last two starts have been ridiculous! Our staff is finally showing what it was suppose to do. Now if Peavy can get his head out of his ass, we could start to finally move up in the standings.

asindc
06-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Gavin is just another Sox player who seems to hate playing in cold weather.

hawkjt
06-19-2010, 10:32 AM
It is such a thin line between success and failure as a pitcher. I really did not think he was throwing that bad early,but did not have quite as good of command,and he was getting totally shelled. Now, last few weeks,he has almost an imperceptible improvement in command,and boom...he is dominant.

I still think for Gavin,it is mental. He has to be 100% confident or he is vulnerable. Right now, confidence on full blast...thankfully. Honestly, his stuff was not as good as Strasburgs last nite,but just goes to show, you do not have to be better than the other guy,just better than his teammates.

GoGoCrede
06-19-2010, 12:09 PM
He really seems to be developing the pattern of having an awful first few months, but then becoming consistent as it heats up. I hope he can learn how to be more consistent all the time, like he was in 2008.

BadBobbyJenks
06-19-2010, 12:16 PM
He is a career 3.18 pitcher in June. Only month he is below 4, weird.

Hitmen77
06-19-2010, 01:01 PM
He is a career 3.18 pitcher in June. Only month he is below 4, weird.

Maybe the fact that we face several NL teams in June every year contributes to this.

I'm not saying that's the absolute answer, but it could be a factor.