PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Acosta Fired

Viva Magglio
06-21-2002, 07:12 AM
Shall we (1) fire Nardi and (2) hire Acosta? (1) Yes and (2) no.

TornLabrum
06-21-2002, 07:33 AM
I'd have to say one thing about hiring Acosta. It would make the Sox more interesting. I seem to remember that it was Acosta who led the rebellion against that psychobabble guru that SamME was so fond of. Apparently he was vocal in his disagreements with Baylor from what I've heard. If that's true, I wonder how he and Gandhi would get along?

At any rate, you know it's not going to happen because the primary qualification for being part of the Sox management team is the inability to say no to your superiors.

duke of dorwood
06-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Get him-if for nothing else, to PO the flubs

Moses_Scurry
06-21-2002, 09:49 AM
Get him, if only to get Kerry Wood to the South side when he becomes a free agent! Ocosta will fix his walk problem and the Sox will have 2 Cy Young Canidates for years to come. Look what it did for the D'Backs. It will also anger the cubbie faithful to the extreme!

Cheryl
06-21-2002, 09:53 AM
Do you think people who go to Wrigley know who Acosta is? After all, he doesn't hit the long ball.

doublem23
06-21-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Do you think people who go to Wrigley know who Acosta is? After all, he doesn't hit the long ball.

I guarantee the vast majority of Cub fans don't know who Larry Rothschild is, either.

<Cub fan voice> Pitching coach? What the hell is that? </Cub fan voice>

Daver
06-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'd have to say one thing about hiring Acosta. It would make the Sox more interesting. I seem to remember that it was Acosta who led the rebellion against that psychobabble guru that SamME was so fond of. Apparently he was vocal in his disagreements with Baylor from what I've heard. If that's true, I wonder how he and Gandhi would get along?

At any rate, you know it's not going to happen because the primary qualification for being part of the Sox management team is the inability to say no to your superiors.

Acosta is not an improvement over Nardi at any stretch,it would like going from bad to bad.

oldcomiskey
06-21-2002, 03:57 PM
theres gotta be somenthing here---hes been fired twice in two years