PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Stadium bans vuvuzelas

Frontman
06-17-2010, 08:03 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/Yankee-Stadium-bans-fan-from-tooting-World-Cup-vuvuzelas?gt1=39011

Seriously, I never thought I would say "Way to go Yankees" in any format (other than them beating up on AL Central teams not from Chicago....) but yes!

Those things are the most annoying thing I've heard in years.

NDSox12
06-17-2010, 08:19 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/Yankee-Stadium-bans-fan-from-tooting-World-Cup-vuvuzelas?gt1=39011

Seriously, I never thought I would say "Way to go Yankees" in any format (other than them beating up on AL Central teams not from Chicago....) but yes!

Those things are the most annoying thing I've heard in years.

Now if only Oakland would follow their lead...

Jerko
06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
First one to bring one to the Cell gets his/her ass beaten with it.

Boondock Saint
06-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Is this really becoming an issue at ballparks? I understand that it's irritating, and you'd want to nip it in the bud, but I'm wondering if there's teams out there that are actually having fans bring them to games...

Frontman
06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Is this really becoming an issue at ballparks? I understand that it's irritating, and you'd want to nip it in the bud, but I'm wondering if there's teams out there that are actually having fans bring them to games...

This was the first story I've heard of it being brought to a baseball game. I sure hope this thing goes the way of the Macarena and quickly.

DumpJerry
06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
When I was a little guy back in the 1960's,I remember they were at The Urinal a lot. Don't recall seeing them at Comiskey.

DSpivack
06-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Were the Yankees having a problem with them?

DumpJerry
06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Yankee Stadium also bans laptop computers and iPads. They toss you from the Stadium if you leave your seat during God Bless America.

cws05champ
06-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Tampa and Oakland are the only one's I have heard that have been really annoyed with.

Red Barchetta
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Tampa and Oakland are the only one's I have heard that have been really annoyed with.

Tampa still has those damn cowbells. Luckily that last two SOX games I saw there, we took an early lead so they were kept to a minimum.

I like the Yankees action and I hope the Angeles don't duplicate their "Thunderstick" promotion with these things.

I personally think MLB has already gone too NBA with the LED ribbon sticks and other special effects, however I know they're trying to compete for our entertainment dollars.

Where is Andy the Clown when you need him?! :tongue:

white sox bill
06-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Didn't know that's what they were called. I just referred to them as those irritating horns.

Iwritecode
06-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Yankee Stadium also bans laptop computers and iPads. They toss you from the Stadium if you leave your seat during God Bless America.

What about if you leave your seat during the National Anthem?

Vestigio
06-18-2010, 11:29 AM

Don't forget Cleveland and that damn drum

DumpJerry
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
What about if you leave your seat during the National Anthem?
I think they have roof-top snipers for that.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
What is so wrong with the cowbells at Tropicana Field? If they want to create a home-advantage with the few fans they have, then so be it.

WhiteSoxFTW
06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/06/17/vuvuzelas-banned-from-yankee-stadium/

They say that the vuvzelas break the 120 decibel threashold of ear pain and the cowbells, thundersticks, and drunken loud mouths do not. Makes sense to me.

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Didn't know that's what they were called. I just referred to them as those irritating horns.That's just what they're called in South Africa.