PDA

View Full Version : Cubdumb has hit a new low

white sox bill
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
OK its quite harmless. But not very green. Sending a number of reporters to the sacred grounds for the sake reporting the most fun route.

Pretty pointless but shows that fans of Northside baseball really don't care about winning.
http://www.journalstandard.com/sports/x1224665807/Race-to-Wrigley-looms

Rohan
06-17-2010, 03:49 PM
OK its quite harmless. But not very green. Sending a number of reporters to the sacred grounds for the sake reporting the most fun route.

Pretty pointless but shows that fans of Northside baseball really don't care about winning.
http://www.journalstandard.com/sports/x1224665807/Race-to-Wrigley-looms

I see nothing wrong with this little event. It sounds like it might turn into a fun read. Not very green... oh please they're going to a baseball game.

The only strange part is when he says that the travel is "half the fun". But I doubt he meant that. Sounds like a little bit of flubsession on your part.

soltrain21
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
That sounds useful, but don't let that get in the way of Cub hate.

white sox bill
06-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I see nothing wrong with this little event. It sounds like it might turn into a fun read. Not very green... oh please they're going to a baseball game.

The only strange part is when he says that the travel is "half the fun". But I doubt he meant that. Sounds like a little bit of flubsession on your part.

So you think my "cubs suck" tee shirt and my Bartman is my hero ball cap and the picture of Wrigley on fire has contributed to this obsession? :smile:

So four guys all driving separately (albeit one is public transportation for half trip)with the same destination is green? I'm glad your not in charge of the multi riders lane on the expressway. I realize this is all done for reporting purposes but its all pretty silly.

Rohan
06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
So you think my "cubs suck" tee shirt and my Bartman is my hero ball cap and the picture of Wrigley on fire has contributed to this obsession? :smile:

So four guys all driving separately (albeit one is public transportation for half trip)with the same destination is green? I'm glad your not in charge of the multi riders lane on the expressway. I realize this is all done for reporting purposes but its all pretty silly.

I don't care to define what it means to be green. Furthermore, I couldn't care less about what's "green" and what isn't. To each his own. If they want to have this little game then let them. Who cares? The worlds not going to implode because they took three separate vehicles to a ball park.

If they were driving from Iowa or somewhere distant I may say it's a poor financial decision. But they're all coming from the Northwest suburbs. And they're not simply doing it for fun, they want to find out the cheapest and most pleasant way to get to the park from their area.

I too am glad I'm not in charge of the carpool lanes... That would be a rather thankless and unrewarding job.

white sox bill
06-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't care to define what it means to be green. Furthermore, I couldn't care less about what's "green" and what isn't. To each his own. If they want to have this little game then let them. Who cares? The worlds not going to implode because they took three separate vehicles to a ball park.

If they were driving from Iowa or somewhere distant I may say it's a poor financial decision. But they're all coming from the Northwest suburbs. And they're not simply doing it for fun, they want to find out the cheapest and most pleasant way to get to the park from their area.

I too am glad I'm not in charge of the carpool lanes... That would be a rather thankless and unrewarding job.

Since when is Freeport in the Northwest suburbs? I live here part time and its a shorter drive to Dubuque IA then it is to Elgin by quite a bit.

But what the heck if they want to waste time,energy and money, then let em each drive a Hummer in there.

Its harmless of course. But like most Cub fans, they are just annoying.

soltrain21
06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Since when is Freeport in the Northwest suburbs? I live here part time and its a shorter drive to Dubuque IA then it is to Elgin by quite a bit.

But what the heck if they want to waste time,energy and money, then let em each drive a Hummer in there.

How is this annoying to you?

thomas35forever
06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I see nothing wrong with it. It kind of looks fun, but I personally would want nothing part of it.

Iwritecode
06-17-2010, 04:33 PM

Freeport is actually farther west than Rockford.

white sox bill
06-17-2010, 04:50 PM
How is this annoying to you?

It falls under my original blanket statement. They are just in general annoying. Not particularly harmful. Not toxic. Not even a threat. Just annoying. :smile::smile:

Thome_Fan
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM

:puke:

What a dump!

white sox bill
06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
:puke:

What a dump!
Depends on how much you win or lose at the boat LOL! Dubuque has never bothered me but to each his own. Now I think East Dubuque is a dump.

#1swisher
06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Good idea. Going to Wrigley Field, wouldn't they need designated drivers? :gulp: :scratch: just sayin':redneck

hi im skot
06-17-2010, 08:26 PM
I missed the part where I'm supposed to be upset with this.

C-Dawg
06-17-2010, 08:52 PM

Do we even have carpool lanes around here? This isn't L.A.

kittle42
06-17-2010, 08:57 PM
1. If this article was about 4 guys trying to get to the Cell, you'd think it was great.

2. Stop with the "everybody at Wrigley is drunk" stuff. There are more people drunk at the Urinal, yes, but I bet the % is the same as at the Cell.

GoSox2K3
06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
white sox bill,
Have you figured out how Hangar18 stole your password to WSI this afternoon? :tongue:

white sox bill
06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
white sox bill,
Have you figured out how Hangar18 stole your password to WSI this afternoon? :tongue:
Damn I hope he didn't get my social, my Mothers maiden name.....:tongue:

Bobby Thigpen
06-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Depends on how much you win or lose at the boat LOL! Dubuque has never bothered me but to each his own. Now I think East Dubuque is a dump.
This is your response to that, but you still want to complain about this article and it's "green ness and annoyingness"?

Irony?

WhiteSoxFTW
06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I like how they say they aren't going to the park and are going to "bounce around" to different spots. It seems to me that means bar hopping and going to the Cubbie Bear, etc. Sounds like some Cubs fans I know who get too drunk at pregaming bars and don't even make it to Wrigley.

white sox bill
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
This is your response to that, but you still want to complain about this article and it's "green ness and annoyingness"?

Irony?
Lack of greeness......but they all seem to have that "annoyingness" down pat:tongue:

The Critic
06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
The new low will be reached in the middle of the 7th inning today, when George Wendt and Robert Smigel "perform" Take Me Out To The Ballgame as "the Superfans".

kittle42
06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
The new low will be reached in the middle of the 7th inning today, when George Wendt and Robert Smigel "perform" Take Me Out To The Ballgame as "the Superfans".

I'm, um, enjoying that right now.

I more enjoyed Gas Can Howry.

The Critic
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm, um, enjoying that right now.

I more enjoyed Gas Can Howry.

Howry in any uniform other than that of the White Sox is comedy gold!

tony1972
06-18-2010, 03:49 PM
1. If this article was about 4 guys trying to get to the Cell, you'd think it was great.

2. Stop with the "everybody at Wrigley is drunk" stuff. There are more people drunk at the Urinal, yes, but I bet the % is the same as at the Cell.

I used to hate the Cubs..the fans, the media, etc. It's not worth the energy. Once I found myself cheering as much for the Cubs to lose as much as the Sox to win. I found it was time to let go.

Just enjoy the Sox. The Cubs will always be more popular..get these articles, etc. You'll do nothing but make yourself unhappy obsessing about it. Just be happy when the Sox win...enjoy the games and let the anger go. One day you'll be older and regret it.

kittle42
06-18-2010, 04:51 PM
I used to hate the Cubs..the fans, the media, etc. It's not worth the energy. Once I found myself cheering as much for the Cubs to lose as much as the Sox to win. I found it was time to let go.

Just enjoy the Sox. The Cubs will always be more popular..get these articles, etc. You'll do nothing but make yourself unhappy obsessing about it. Just be happy when the Sox win...enjoy the games and let the anger go. One day you'll be older and regret it.

I generally agree. I still can't stand the Wrigley fans and the Cubbie atmosphere, but since 2005, my hatred waned and my Cubs Suck apparel has not made an appearance.

I still prefer when they lose, though!

white sox bill
06-18-2010, 05:23 PM
OK OK I admit I was a bit rough on this thing. Guess I was having a anti-cub moment when I read the article.

I've always said the opposite of love isn't hate, its indifference. Not caring if they win, lose or draw is probably the right attitude.

cws05champ
06-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Can't wait to see the disappointed look on their faces when they show up and find out Wrigley is a dump.

MarySwiss
06-19-2010, 08:04 PM
On a sort-of related side note, the guy on the next block over from me took down his stupid Cubs banner yesterday. The thing goes up every year when Spring training starts, and this may be the earliest it has come down yet! :D:

Horsemaster Fred
06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
On a sort-of related side note, the guy on the next block over from me took down his stupid Cubs banner yesterday. The thing goes up every year when Spring training starts, and this may be the earliest it has come down yet! :D:

is dusty b still the boss of the reds b/c if he is i feel he should be the Subject of ultimate ridicule and scorn heaped upon him and his forevermore. nor shall mercy be offered, there is a shadow growing across this land and Gucci Mane also has a problem I feel like dusty b ought to probaby go to jail and remember too that the Lotto is an ultimate way to be ok, e40 rest in peace. I would puke in surprise if dusty b won a marathon or even got in shape. :)

BTW:)

white sox bill
06-20-2010, 09:03 AM
is dusty b still the boss of the reds b/c if he is i feel he should be the Subject of ultimate ridicule and scorn heaped upon him and his forevermore. nor shall mercy be offered, there is a shadow growing across this land and Gucci Mane also has a problem I feel like dusty b ought to probaby go to jail and remember too that the Lotto is an ultimate way to be ok, e40 rest in peace. I would puke in surprise if dusty b won a marathon or even got in shape. :)

Am I missing something here?

Brian26
06-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Is Howry back with the Cubs now? I completely missed that.

kittle42
06-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Most Cubs fans wish they had missed it, too.

white sox bill
06-21-2010, 06:39 AM
Yes about a month ago. Talk about desperate.

SOXPHILE
06-21-2010, 10:42 AM

Three posts in just the last couple of days, after almost 4 years MIA ! I love it ! Welcome back Horsemaster. This is going to be one of the coolest weeks ever !

soltrain21
06-21-2010, 10:52 AM

I agree completely.

TDog
06-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes about a month ago. Talk about desperate.

Desperate, yes, but it's the sort of move many teams make. Many teams are desperate for bullpen help at some point during the season and look to someone who has had success for them or against them, despite more recently and very justifiably being released by another team. Teams often have a rapport with their former players and believe they can be better than they were when they inspired another organization to release them. There are also teams that look at an available pitcher who recall how tough he was against them not so very long ago.

The most notorious pitcher from the latter category, probably of all-time, has to be Jose Paniagua. But Jeff Nelson stint with the White Sox also applies.

Howry sort of fits both categories because he had a little bit of success for the Cubs before being let go, signing with the team that originally drafted him (the Giants being desperate for bullpen help at the time) and looking good in a couple of relief outings against the Cubs.

When I saw Bob Howry was available, I thought that if he threw left-handed, the White Sox might sign him. But it is possible the White Sox were that desperate because they didn't sign Neal Cotts.