PDA

View Full Version : COMFIRMED FALSE: Hudson brought up to start for Peavy

guillensdisciple
06-17-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/06/17/hudson-is-called-up-to-join-the-white-sox-in-pittsburgh/

october23sp
06-17-2010, 01:32 PM
What the hell is a dead arm?:scratch:

And honestly I was just beginning to think Peavy would finally put his money where his mouth is because of this recent run we are on. I hope Hudson does well but I'd rather have a veteran pitcher right now than a rookie.

soltrain21
06-17-2010, 01:33 PM

And honestly I was just beginning to think Peavy would finally put his money where his mouth is because of this recent run we are on. I hope Hudson does well but I'd rather have a veteran pitcher right now than a rookie.

You've seriously never heard of dead arm?

TheOldRoman
06-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I am going to wait for a more reliable source than chicitysports, especially when the author starts out boasting that she "has been saying for months that something is wrong with Peavy". Not that I don't believe it, but I think Gonzales or Cowley would have tweeted it by now.

nug0hs
06-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I am going to wait for a more reliable source than chicitysports, especially when the author starts out boasting that she "has been saying for months that something is wrong with Peavy". Not that I don't believe it, but I think Gonzales or Cowley would have tweeted it by now.

Gonzales tweeted yesterday that Peavy's start is at least moved back.

Slappy
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
You've seriously never heard of dead arm?

I've heard of it but I never really knew what it meant. It just seems like a vague term for "he can't pitch next start" or "his arm hurts." Easier for the public to swallow than "Peavy is hurt, everybody freak out."

Does having fluid in your arm/shoulder constitute a dead arm?

doublem23
06-17-2010, 02:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_arm_syndrome

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope this is true. I love me some Hudson. :bandance:

salty99
06-17-2010, 02:07 PM
It doesn't say he is officially on the roster yet, just that he is in Pittsburgh in case Peavy has to be put on the DL.

Slappy
06-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Ah. Yeah I think I read about that or heard it on BBTN or something recently about another pitcher.

That sounds more serious than I thought.

october23sp
06-17-2010, 02:31 PM

Still don't quite understand it, but from what I can tell, pitching with Dead Arm Syndrome can lead to a Torn Labrum?

Slappy
06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
It also may lead to a dislocated shoulder and if there's something called a SLAP injury, it will require surgery. Rest alone will not heal it.

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Still no confirmation yet.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/sox-friday-saturday-starters-remain-tba.html

TheOldRoman
06-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Gonzales tweeted yesterday that Peavy's start is at least moved back.I know, but nobody other than this random blog has reported it yet. Maybe they have inside info, maybe they don't. I am not saying it is completely crazy and outlandish, I will just wait for something a little more official.

Baron
06-17-2010, 02:50 PM
MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron haha well dont worry, he's with the big team right now. im 100% sure.
1 minute ago via web in reply to ImDaBaron

MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron haha probably because it hasn't been released. Hudson flew to Pitsburgh this morning to be with the team.
2 minutes ago via web in reply to ImDaBaron

ImDaBaron
@MissyJo_25 Its alot of excited Sox fans that dont want what your saying to not be true.Im excited to see Hudson.
3 minutes ago via web in reply to MissyJo_25

ImDaBaron

@MissyJo_25 Very well then I hope you understand its not just me wondering why no one else is reporting this.Its alot of Sox fans.
5 minutes ago via web in reply to MissyJo_25
Delete

MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron lol i dont need to prove anything to you. you'll hear about it probably tonight and you'll know where you heard it first. :)
7 minutes ago via web in reply to ImDaBaron

MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron What's to report? Hudson is in PIT now. Either Peavy will go on the DL or the Sox will make room for Hudson elsewhere for a start

I just tweeted her this is what she said

soltrain21
06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Her "Iphone used to take a picture in the mirror" picture on Twitter makes me want to believe her.

guillensdisciple
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Sorry for the unconfirmed source- I caught this on Rongey's facebook and thought about posting it.

The idea is pretty good though; I would love to see him start up here.

Baron
06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron haha well dont worry, he's with the big team right now. im 100% sure.
1 minute ago via web in reply to ImDaBaron

MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron haha probably because it hasn't been released. Hudson flew to Pitsburgh this morning to be with the team.
2 minutes ago via web in reply to ImDaBaron

ImDaBaron
@MissyJo_25 Its alot of excited Sox fans that dont want what your saying to not be true.Im excited to see Hudson.
3 minutes ago via web in reply to MissyJo_25

ImDaBaron

@MissyJo_25 Very well then I hope you understand its not just me wondering why no one else is reporting this.Its alot of Sox fans.
5 minutes ago via web in reply to MissyJo_25
Delete

MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron lol i dont need to prove anything to you. you'll hear about it probably tonight and you'll know where you heard it first. :)
7 minutes ago via web in reply to ImDaBaron

MissyJo_25
@ImDaBaron What's to report? Hudson is in PIT now. Either Peavy will go on the DL or the Sox will make room for Hudson elsewhere for a start

I just tweeted her this is what she said

thomas35forever
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Has Hudson been any better lately? If he hasn't, I'd rather go to a four-man rotation for the time being.

GoGoCrede
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Oh, come on. It's not like he wants to miss a start. It's his arm that's failing him.

october23sp
06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh, come on. It's not like he wants to miss a start. It's his arm that's failing him.

That's not what I meant at all, I meant that had he not been injured (now) we would see a better Peavy.

october23sp
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Her "Iphone used to take a picture in the mirror" picture on Twitter makes me want to believe her.

potw.

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Has Hudson been any better lately? If he hasn't, I'd rather go to a four-man rotation for the time being.

Any better? His peripherals are fantastic.

GoGoCrede
06-17-2010, 03:19 PM

I follow her on Twitter. She's just a fan, doesn't work for the Sox.

Huisj
06-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Any better? His peripherals are fantastic.

No joke. It was basically that one 1 IP 9 ER game early that made his ERA jump. Aside from that game, his ERA is 2.82 (and it's been even better than that since the start of May).

Rohan
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM

You're better off ignoring all posts by October23sp related to Jake Peavy. He's got some angst built up against Peavy which I don't care to hear about. No offense to October23sp, but I've just grown tired of his purely emotional rants about Jake Peavy. He's a great guy who contributes a lot of great things to these boards... just not with regards to Jake Peavy.

Let's hope Jake's arm heals quickly and that Hudson has himself one hell of a season in the big leagues.

Sockinchisox
06-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Peavy says he'll start Saturday.

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/statuses/16416710045

sullythered
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
You're better off ignoring all posts by October23sp related to Jake Peavy. He's got some angst built up against Peavy which I don't care to hear about. No offense to October23sp, but I've just grown tired of his purely emotional rants about Jake Peavy. He's a great guy who contributes a lot of great things to these boards... just not with regards to Jake Peavy.

Let's hope Jake's arm heals quickly and that Hudson has himself one hell of a season in the big leagues.
It's like doub in a Notre Dame thread.:D:

LoveYourSuit
06-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Maybe Hudson coming up here for long relief and "Boone Logan" DFA.

Crestani
06-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I hope this is true. I love me some Hudson. :bandance:

You have got to be kidding....???:scratch: Hudson over Peavy...???

i certainly hope nothing is wrong with Jake and he only needs to miss a start.

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 03:59 PM
You have got to be kidding....???:scratch: Hudson over Peavy...???

i certainly hope nothing is wrong with Jake and he only needs to miss a start.

What's to kid about? Nothing wrong with looking forward to seeing one of the few top prospects in the White Sox system. He has been fantastic in AAA save one or two starts.

I'm not the biggest Peavy fan either, in large part to his personality/disposition.

BlackandWhiteSox
06-17-2010, 04:01 PM
No joke. It was basically that one 1 IP 9 ER game early that made his ERA jump. Aside from that game, his ERA is 2.82 (and it's been even better than that since the start of May).

Yep, no offense to thomas35forever because this isn't necessarily directed at him, but I wish more Sox fans would look up Hudson's game log. I always post his ERA(subtracting that 1 IP 9 ER start) on the White Sox site, because it seemed the majority of people thought he was struggling.

october23sp
06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
That's not what I meant at all, I meant that had he not been injured (now) we would see a better Peavy.

My last post meant that I had a feeling Peavy was about to turn it around because the team was.

soxinem1
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
My last post meant that I had a feeling Peavy was about to turn it around because the team was.

I really don't think beating CHC and PIT a few times counts as turning things around.

I prefer to say 'There are some hopeful signs'.:smile:

Regarding Peavy, let's just hope this is a little bump in the road.

salty99
06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Peavy is starting Saturday...close thread.

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Peavy is starting Saturday...close thread.

O rly?

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/peavy-to-meet-with-white-sox-gm.html

Slappy
06-17-2010, 04:39 PM
"Changing medication?" Lol?

Baron
06-17-2010, 04:44 PM
O rly?

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/peavy-to-meet-with-white-sox-gm.html

Well I really want to see Hudson...I hope they just give Jake atleast one start off.

GoGoCrede
06-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Yeah, I get that. But a lot of your other posts about Jake sound like you're simply determined to hate him, no matter what.

Craig Grebeck
06-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Disliking Peavy would be much more difficult if he didn't run his mouth all offseason and proceed to suck in 2010.

I root for the laundry, but I can't stand Jake Peavy.

october23sp
06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I get that. But a lot of your other posts about Jake sound like you're simply determined to hate him, no matter what.

If he starts pitching well I won't bash him anymore. Talking **** + under-performing = me not liking you.

hawkjt
06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
DJ said that Jake is starting saturday on the pre-game show about 5 minutes ago.

I hope it happens..we need Jake to make a run.

Rohan
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
If he starts pitching well I won't bash him anymore. Talking **** + under-performing = me not liking you.

On his good starts you keep your mouth shut. And whenever he slips up (all pitchers do) you run your mouth.

Look, Jake Peavy is often vocal about how he believes the 2010 White Sox can come back. He's often said that they have a team that's capable and persistent. He doesn't "Talk ****", as you say. But instead he speaks positively, in and out of the public eye, to keep the morale of the team up.

One thing that I've heard Rongey say a few times over the last couple years is that this White Sox squad is pretty quiet. Konerko's quiet, Rios is quiet, AJ is relatively quiet, Quentin, Beckham, Alexei etc.... All pretty quiet guys. Guys like Paulie and AJ lead by example. They exhibit hustle, dedication, and focus day in and day out. Those guys are crucial to a team. But having vocal leaders is important as well. Guys like Jake Peavy and Mark Buehrle are great examples of this.

Rongey has said time and time again that this team would probably benefit from a guy who will be quick to encourage his teammates through talks exactly like the one's Peavy gives. Often times encouragement or criticism is better received from a teammate than a coach or manager.

So yeah, that kind of talk can get a little bothersome when you don't see the results. But it is still crucial to boosting the morale of the team. It's June! There's still a lot of baseball left to play and the guys on this team need to keep their head up.

GoGoCrede
06-17-2010, 06:26 PM
On his good starts you keep your mouth shut. And whenever he slips up (all pitchers do) you run your mouth.

Look, Jake Peavy is often vocal about how he believes the 2010 White Sox can come back. He's often said that they have a team that's capable and persistent. He doesn't "Talk ****", as you say. But instead he speaks positively, in and out of the public eye, to keep the morale of the team up.

One thing that I've heard Rongey say a few times over the last couple years is that this White Sox squad is pretty quiet. Konerko's quiet, Rios is quiet, AJ is relatively quiet, Quentin, Beckham, Alexei etc.... All pretty quiet guys. Guys like Paulie and AJ lead by example. They exhibit hustle, dedication, and focus day in and day out. Those guys are crucial to a team. But having vocal leaders is important as well. Guys like Jake Peavy and Mark Buehrle are great examples of this.

Rongey has said time and time again that this team would probably benefit from a guy who will be quick to encourage his teammates through talks exactly like the one's Peavy gives. Often times encouragement or criticism is better received from a teammate than a coach or manager.

So yeah, that kind of talk can get a little bothersome when you don't see the results. But it is still crucial to boosting the morale of the team. It's June! There's still a lot of baseball left to play and the guys on this team need to keep their head up.

Yep, this sums it up. Frankly, I'm glad Peavy's still speaking up, because everyone else on the team is pretty quiet. And it's not as thought he's happy with how he's been doing this year. He's as disappointed as any of us, and yet some people cut him absolutely no slack.

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I could care less how he pitches, Peavy just rubs me the wrong way. He comes across as a giant D-bag.

I prefer players that let their performance do the talking.

JB98
06-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I happen to like Peavy specifically because he pisses people off.

I wish he would pitch better. He's been inconsistent this year.

Rohan
06-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I could care less how he pitches, Peavy just rubs me the wrong way. He comes across as a giant D-bag.

I prefer players that let their performance do the talking.

I think you meant to say that you couldn't care less.

And you didn't even read what I posted, did you?

DirtySox
06-17-2010, 07:36 PM
And you didn't even read what I posted, did you?

:rolleyes: Actually I did, and it was immediately disregarded. Peavy's loud and boisterous leadership style sure has helped this team hasn't it?

Believe it or not, it's okay to dislike a player on the White Sox.

TheOldRoman
06-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Yep, this sums it up. Frankly, I'm glad Peavy's still speaking up, because everyone else on the team is pretty quiet. And it's not as thought he's happy with how he's been doing this year. He's as disappointed as any of us, and yet some people cut him absolutely no slack.Yep. Peavy has said nothing objectionable. He said mostly cliche stuff about how he wants to win. Lots and lots of douche bags (and I am not naming names) jumped all over him about it before the season even started. He is passionate, but I much prefer him to someone like Konerko who will sulk in quiet when slumping but start running his mouth when he hits.

:rolleyes: Actually I did, and it was immediately disregarded. Peavy's loud and boisterous leadership style sure has helped this team hasn't it?

Believe it or not, it's okay to dislike a player on the White Sox.That is true, but is there a single one you like?

Rohan
06-17-2010, 08:03 PM

And there have been many that I dislike.

I don't know if you noticed but this team is actually starting to win right now. And like I said, It's JUNE. It's not too late. This team has more fight than the 2009 team. Game in and game out they have more fight than the 2008 team as well. I think Peavy's leadership could possibly be a factor in that fight.

SOXSINCE'70
06-17-2010, 09:54 PM
:rolleyes:

:AJ:
"They love my ass in Anaheim.":D:

FielderJones
06-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Peavy ready to go Saturday (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100617&content_id=11291068&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

Hudson was backup plan (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0618-white-sox-pirates-chicago20100617,0,1308097.story)

voodoochile
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Ya'll can unfriend or untweet this wannabe now...