PDA

View Full Version : *Official*PITiful Buc Defense Leads To A Win!!' 6/16 White Sox vs PIT Postgame Thread

soxinem1
06-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I do not recall ever seeing four errors in an inning before. Wow.

Nice job by Danks again!!

EDIT: Bad choice of words in the title. We won!!!

GoGoCrede
06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
You were a few seconds late, soxinem1!

Good win, keep it going, etc.

TheVulture
Cheater!

BadBobbyJenks
Don't look now, but Johnny Danks' era is dipping back into the 2's.

I luvvvvv having AAAA teams on our schedule.

october23sp
06-16-2010, 08:34 PM
They had 6 errors.

This White Sox team has given me a big dosage of:
6ISHYtccEs0

Rdy2PlayBall
I do not recall ever seeing four errors in an inning before. Wow.
I lol'd when I heard Hawk committed 3 in one inning! :tongue:

This is the team I expected when the season started... lets keep it rolling!

soxinem1
You were a few seconds late, soxinem1!

Good win, keep it going, etc.

How's that??:scratch::smile:

WhiteSox56
:)

GoGoCrede
How's that??:scratch::smile:

I had to wait five whole seconds to post my thoughts. :cool:

balke
06-16-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm glad the Sox are winning - and this was a great game. Just want to keep things a little level - Minnesota is up and Detroit already won.

JB98
06-16-2010, 08:35 PM
The Pirates are bad. Sweep them please.

The last eight games, the starting pitching has been quality for the Sox.

October26
06-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Sox win! Sox win! :bandance: Feeling good! :D:

Boondock Saint
06-16-2010, 08:36 PM
They had 6 errors.

This White Sox team has given me a big dosage of:
6ISHYtccEs0

I'm reserving any optimism until we start beating real MLB teams. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're winning, but I just don't think that these wins as of late tell the entire story.

voodoochile
06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Awful title... Might confuse people who don't know the final score...

Ah well, I'll dwell on the Sox positives instead...

Nice 4th inning and a solid performance by Danks. Yesterday it was the bottom half that came through today it was the top half of the lineup. 11 hits and 7 runs and the Sox ran wild forcing the Pirates to throw the ball around and that led to more runs. I'll take it...

:soxwin:

:)

soxinem1
Only the Bucs could have a player named Lastings.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
In honor of the Pittsburgh Pirates defense:

MK6TXMsvgQg

slavko
06-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Pa-bleeping-thetic. This is the bunch that's been whipping Cubbie butt all year? Don't get complacent men, we need tomorrow's game against this woeful bunch.

Speaking of pathetic, G. Beckham needs a vacation in AAA.

BadBobbyJenks
06-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah you should probably change the you lose to Sox Win.

guillensdisciple
06-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Don't look now, but Johnny Danks' era is dipping back into the 2's.

I luvvvvv having AAAA teams on our schedule.

Didn't understand all the problems with us playing the Pirates. Assured way to get us some momentum, and boost our record.

That said, I am happy that we are within 4 of the magical .500. Go for the Sweep tomorrow (game is huge- if Mark gives another good performance that means he is back into this pitching thing) and do some damage in Washington.

I believe our record was a horrible 4- 19 in games after we won, well it should be 8-20 now. Even that record out, and you have a record well above .500. This team is getting better folks, and even though we are playing such shady teams a .500 record is still a .500 record.

Also, we are not as bad against winning teams as our record might show. Consider that most of our losses have come from the Indians and Royals, and there is your recipe for our horrid record. We are much better than what we have shown. Hopefully, this is just a sign of things to come.

vinny
What a fast game. I couldn't even get a post in the bottom of the 9th before they finished off the Bucs. Man I really need to get a radio in here for when I'm online.

BTW, Twins up 2-0 in the 5th. Hopefully the Rockies can mount a comeback but I'm not holding my breath - Baker's only given up 2 hits and K'd 10.

JB98
Pa-bleeping-thetic. This is the bunch that's been whipping Cubbie butt all year? Don't get complacent men, we need tomorrow's game against this woeful bunch.

Speaking of pathetic, G. Beckham needs a vacation in AAA.

Nah. Beckham is struggling, but I'll take a pass on Nix at 2B every day.

october23sp
06-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm reserving any optimism until we start beating real MLB teams. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're winning, but I just don't think that these wins as of late tell the entire story.

The only thing I see is that we are 4 games back of .500. We don't have "real" teams in our division, I don't care who we beat. "Just win baby."

voodoochile
06-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Good idea. Done.

LITTLE NELL
06-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Lets keep it going and get back to .500, you never know what can happen when a team starts believing in themselves.
I know things were bad last week but how would you like to be a Pirate or Oriole fan?

DumpJerry
06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
If they ask nicely next weekend, do we tell the Cubs how to do it?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-16-2010, 08:43 PM
If they ask nicely next weekend, do we tell the Cubs how to do it?

Only if they let us sweep them.

Boondock Saint
06-16-2010, 08:44 PM
The only thing I see is that we are 4 games back of .500. We don't have "real" teams in our division, I don't care who we beat. "Just win baby."

I don't want to hijack the thread, but we haven't been beating the teams in our division. Good teams beat the most of the bad and average teams, and a fair number of the good teams. And we've only just now started to beat the bad ones consistently.

BadBobbyJenks
Good day to purchase a Danks' signed rookie for $15, I reckon.

soxinem1

Done.

I admit, bad choice of words.

guillensdisciple
06-16-2010, 08:47 PM
That noise the rest of the Central is hearing is one pissed of fanbase, a pissed off coach and general manager wanting each others head, and a team getting ready to do some damage.

Chicago is going to have a hell of a summer.

October26
06-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Sox record is now 30W- 34L; gotta keep winning!

C'mon Rockies, come back & beat those Twins!

BlackandWhiteSox
06-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Another great outing by our best pitcher this year, 9 quality starts for him I believe. Good offensive showing once again. I'll join the "cautious optimism" bandwagon for now because it is the Tigers/Cubs/Pirates, but things are looking good.

Sam Spade
06-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Another great outing by our best pitcher this year, 9 quality starts for him I believe. Good offensive showing once again. I'll join the "cautious optimism" bandwagon for now because it is the Tigers/Cubs/Pirates, but things are looking good.

The tigers aren't a bad team.

I'm not sure this team is any better than the cubs at this point, however.

BlackandWhiteSox
06-16-2010, 09:16 PM
The tigers aren't a bad team.

No, but we've usually beaten them pretty good. So taking 2 of 3 from them(while still a positive) isn't as impressive as say taking 2 of 3 from the Rays/Yanks/Twins etc.

TDog
06-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I do not recall ever seeing four errors in an inning before. Wow. ...

You didn't watch a lot of White Sox baseball in the 1970s, I take it.

soxfanreggie
06-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately we can't play Pittsburgh 10 to 15 more times this season, but we're going to have to show more than winning series from teams like the Cubs and Bucs to get back in it. We need to go out and take series from teams like the Twins, Tigers, and Indians (not even getting into AL East and AL West teams) - sweeping them would be even better.

soxinem1
06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
You didn't watch a lot of White Sox baseball in the 1970s, I take it.

I've seen two and three many times, often by the same player.

Having watched many brutal defensive 70's White Sox teams (and 80's, 90's, 2000's), I still can't recall four errors in an inning, though that doesn't mean it didn't happen..

palehozenychicty
06-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I like these wins right now. The team is getting used to that feeling again.

WhiteSox1989
06-16-2010, 10:51 PM
The National League is giving me a false sense of hope.

But I'll take it.

ChiSoxGirl
06-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Day 1 of ChiSoxGirl being out of town and the Sox are 1-0. I can't be blamed for a loss today! :bandance:

LongLiveFisk
06-16-2010, 11:52 PM
This was a sort of a double-edged sword for the Sox. Win and everyone downplays it because it's the lowly Pirates. Lose and be lambasted for not even being able to beat the lowly Pirates.

Right now, a win is a win. I'll take it.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-16-2010, 11:55 PM
This was a sort of a double-edged sword for the Sox. Win and everyone downplays it because it's the lowly Pirates.

Unless your name is Stephen Strasburg, then they'll start laying the foundation for your Hall of Fame statue right after.

october23sp
06-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't understand this "false hope" bull****, ML teams are ML teams, the Cubs have our record essentially, don't downplay those wins, the Pirates are bad and we are beating them, we won the series, we are doing something we haven't done all year. I don't care who we have been playing, our starting pitching has been great, which was expected but flopped and now it appears we are getting what we expected.

If our starting pitching even sniffs it's potential this team will be in contention, and oh yeah, the Twins really are not that good. I mean yeah they are good enough to lead the AL Central but WSI has crowned the Twins' ass and I don't like it, what happened to the "perpetual loser" attitude, that Twins team doesn't scare me at all, I think all we have to do is not beat ourselves and the rest will take care of the rest, look at the Twins starting rotation and bullpen and crown them if you must.

If our starting pitching comes around, we will be a force to be reckoned with in the second half of the season.

"Hey aren't you the 100 losses guy?" Yeah I am, and now I'm the guy who is being filled with a ****load of faith by this Sox team and I get excited to watch them play.

JB98
06-17-2010, 12:08 AM
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3978)

It's Dankerific
06-17-2010, 12:11 AM
I dont think this game makes one bit of difference for tomorrow.

But its sure nice to watch a Win. I'm savoring every one of them.

BadBobbyJenks
06-17-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't understand this "false hope" bull****, ML teams are ML teams, the Cubs have our record essentially, don't downplay those wins, the Pirates are bad and we are beating them, we won the series, we are doing something we haven't done all year. I don't care who we have been playing, our starting pitching has been great, which was expected but flopped and now it appears we are getting what we expected.

The Pirates have lost 10 in a row, if you don't subscribe the the AL > NL idea then I dont know what to tell you. I think everyone is happy that we are playing better, but we are not ready to say we have turned a corner.

Boondock Saint
06-17-2010, 01:11 AM
The Pirates have lost 10 in a row, if you don't subscribe the the AL > NL idea then I dont know what to tell you. I think everyone is happy that we are playing better, but we are not ready to say we have turned a corner.

Exactly. Not only that, but the Pirates are one of the few teams that you can say have been consistently worse than the Sox this year. This is one of the teams you're supposed to kick the crap out of. There isn't a team in baseball that sweeps the Pirates and thinks "Maybe this means we're finally starting to turn things around".

guillensdisciple
06-17-2010, 01:22 AM

If our starting pitching even sniffs it's potential this team will be in contention, and oh yeah, the Twins really are not that good. I mean yeah they are good enough to lead the AL Central but WSI has crowned the Twins' ass and I don't like it, what happened to the "perpetual loser" attitude, that Twins team doesn't scare me at all, I think all we have to do is not beat ourselves and the rest will take care of the rest, look at the Twins starting rotation and bullpen and crown them if you must.

If our starting pitching comes around, we will be a force to be reckoned with in the second half of the season.

"Hey aren't you the 100 losses guy?" Yeah I am, and now I'm the guy who is being filled with a ****load of faith by this Sox team and I get excited to watch them play.

I like your attitude man- with you 100 percent.

SOXSINCE'70
06-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Starting to feel better.
But they have to play like this against
the Twinkies and Tiggers.
And please, God, please, BEAT THE TRIBE!!

HomeFish
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm laughing at the people who are scoreboard watching and trying to rain on our parade by telling us that the Tigers and Twins won.

Guess what: this team fell out of contention a long time ago. The joke's on you if you're still scoreboard watching. I don't bother checking what the Twins and Tigers are doing, I just watch individual games and enjoy them if they go well. If they don't, I turn it off, go back to my day, and hope that it will be more entertaining tomorrow.

Being a fan of a bad team is a lot easier and less stressful with this approach.