PDA

View Full Version : Ughhh...another loss

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2001, 05:01 PM
Oh well, at least we put up a good fight this time.

KempersRS
08-05-2001, 05:06 PM
The games back column is very fooling, this team is only 8 out, but they have zero shot. They are the exact opposite of last year, they find ways to lose ballgames 2-3 times a week. They dissapoint more than any team I can ever recall, its truly amazing. Today sums up our season, down early, comeback and get stomped back into the ground every time we come close to getting into. Pathetic is the only way to describe the way this team plays. The opposites compared to last year are uncanny. Instead of a new hero every night, we have a different goat every night. Howry blows his share, Foulke chokes in a big game, Valentin has been awful since his injury. Durham slumps every week, Maggs, Lee, and Konerko are never on the same page. This team just doesn't click folks, they are going no where.

Mathew
08-05-2001, 05:12 PM
As far as the way we're playing goes, last years team was better at every position, except maybe Buerhle and flashes of Lee Konerko

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Kempers, that dig on Foulke was un-called for With the exception of Burly-mon Foulke has been the most consistent pitcher on this team. Just because the guy has opne blowup doesn't mean he's not pulling his load.

Mathew
08-05-2001, 05:32 PM
I agree, people get down on Foulke too easily. Because his mistakes will usually cost the game, but to only make 3 or 4 of those in a year is very good. His E.R.A. is good even for a closer. We disown Frank or Maggs for every 0 for 5 game we shouldn't blame Keith who from a pitching standpoint has very few.

KempersRS
08-05-2001, 07:01 PM
Kempers, that dig on Foulke was un-called for With the exception of Burly-mon Foulke has been the most consistent pitcher on this team. Just because the guy has opne blowup doesn't mean he's not pulling his load.

I didn't mean it like that at all. Never said he wasn't pulling his load. I was just saying that last year we always had a hero, this year, almost every player loses us a game in some way. Foulke has been solid, I am just making a point of the anti-clutch, our whole team has become.